Joey Barton

JJ7

I absolutely love the bloke.

:kinnear:

Just the £9m taken off us so far for f***-all except all these pathetic little soundbites. Can he not just shut the f*** up til he's played a few games?

Why does it matter? Unless he gets injured on the way to or from the interview, it's not like he's going to be any better or worse for talking to a journalist. I'd rather he came out with positive stuff like this (about him and his team mates tbh), than something negative.

In the end, all this is about is some journalist asking him if he thinks he's good enough for one day getting another England cap. His choices are either to go along with it and have a positive spin on the article, or he says no comment and the journo will dig up something about him and how his brother is in prison and bla bla bla.

Why have an interview in the first place? He's probably had more interviews than matches ffs. It's not that I disagree with what he says, but I'm sick of him talking the big fight, when he should just f***ing get on with it and actually prove that he's the best midfielder at the club. It's pointless saying you have a Ferrari in the garage if its engines f***ed.

He's done an interview because that's a footballer and that is part of his jo. If Leon Best does interviews, why should Barton not do one as well? If this is his attitude, then I am pleased. If he thinks he is still good and wants to prove himself, this can only increase his chances of success on his return. If remains a non-contributer, than we can remove him from his position at NUFC. Comments like these won't affect that either way.

Tbh though, he's my favorite player at the clu, so I might be biased.

Guest toonlass

The people saying he shouldn't be doing interviews are just not getting it. The papers and the BBC don't want to talk to Best and Lovenkrands as they don't sell copies. The likes of Barton will just because 99% of the premier league football fans hate him with a passion, which is obvious when you hear them shouting abuse at him. Personally I think he is a bit of a reformed character. Prison seems to have opened his eyes a bit, since getting out he has quit the booze, he is supposed to be a big character and quite a good influence to the lads on the training pitch and but for a bad injury spell he would be one of the first names on the team sheet week in, week out. The lads been asked for his opinion and he's given it.

Guest firetotheworks

No, I do get it. What I don't is why you think he's under any obligation to have interview after interview.

No, I do get it. What I don't is why you think he's under any obligation to have interview after interview.

Probably because he's interesting for the journalists to write about. He's controversial on the pitch, off the pitch and speaks his mind when interviewed.

Just don't see how a footballer giving an interview grinds your teeth so much. It's the old classic "if you don't like it, just don't read it".

Guest firetotheworks

Probably because he's interesting for the journalists to write about. He's controversial on the pitch, off the pitch and speaks his mind when interviewed.

Just don't see how a footballer giving an interview grinds your teeth so much. It's the old classic "if you don't like it, just don't read it".

I just think he should keep his mouth shut. That's all. I understand why the journalists want to speak to him, but he has the choice whether to give them an interview.

I just think he should keep his mouth shut. That's all. I understand why the journalists want to speak to him, but he has the choice whether to give them an interview.

theres obviously a rotation of players speaking to the local journos and it was bartons turn, speaking to journalists is part of players and managers jobs and bartons just so happens to be the most interesting ones to read so it gets picked up by the national papers

As long as he's not saying anything that would hurt the team, why does it matter? He'll not be a worse footballer for talking to a journalist for two minutes nor will he try any less hard on the pitch. I guess I can see how it's frustrating with Barton, as he's been talking a good game for a long time now, but for different reasons haven't been able to show it on the pitch, but I still fail to see why a positive interview would annoy you that much. Suppose we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Guest firetotheworks

As long as he's not saying anything that would hurt the team, why does it matter? He'll not be a worse footballer for talking to a journalist for two minutes nor will he try any less hard on the pitch. I guess I can see how it's frustrating with Barton, as he's been talking a good game for a long time now, but for different reasons haven't been able to show it on the pitch, but I still fail to see why a positive interview would annoy you that much. Suppose we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

It doesn't annoy me that much, I'm just tired of hearing him come out with the same tired platitudes, and the same baseless claims of him being this and that, as people on here do about him.

At least he says things which are worth listening to and isn't frightened to say what he believes when it comes to England. He's also showing he's ambitious. Nothing wrong with that.

He talks about his form and his ambitions at our club from a footballing perspective. If he was doing interviews on his new Maserati I could somewhat understand the resentment.

he mentions himself in the England frame ffs, doesn't say a lot about the state of his mind does it?

he'd be lucky for a call up to England ladies to be honest

He's off his fucking tits if he thinks he can get into the England team.

Infact, he's just off his tits in general.

Joey, shut the fuck up, stop getting injured, banged up and play some fucking football.  Let your feet do the talking then we'll see if your good enough.

Its hardly his fault he get injured you fuckin tube.

lifestyle generally has an effect on that kind of thing, if not being a 100% cause - you happy with the way Joey has seemingly conducted his lifestyle since joining NUFC as a very highly paid employee?

Since xmas 07, pretty much. Beyond not playing or going into tackles, his lifestyle can hardly help that.

have the same understanding for little mickey when he was injured?

just interested...wasn't a lot of sympathy for that little fuck when he was harping on about playing for england despite not being able to walk onto the pitch for the people who pay his wages

Guest toonlass

Compairing Barton and Owen is ludicrous IMO. At least Barton looks like he wants to play for the club, unlike EMO who blatantly couldn't have given a fuck less for the majority of his time here. If Barton stats fit then I think he will play well, and if lifestyle is the reason behind injuries then why isn't Carroll crocked all the time? He seems to spend most of the weekend in bars (while he's not behind them in Pilgrim Street copshop).

Guest Roger Kint

Never understand the stick players get for being injured. I don't have any reason not to believe that the vast majority love the game and want to playing as much as possible.

Same here although Owen rushing back unfit for England only to fall apart again is the exception, crazy decision by all involved taking that risk imo.

Barton broke a bone in his foot. I'm struggling to understand how his lifestyle has anything to do with it. I don't like Owen, but it was nothing to do with his injuries.

Compairing Barton and Owen is ludicrous IMO. At least Barton looks like he wants to play for the club, unlike EMO who blatantly couldn't have given a fuck less for the majority of his time here. If Barton stats fit then I think he will play well, and if lifestyle is the reason behind injuries then why isn't Carroll crocked all the time? He seems to spend most of the weekend in bars (while he's not behind them in Pilgrim Street copshop).

(a) i didn't compare them whatsoever, i asked if he had the sympathy for one injury prone player he had for another

(b) i said lifestyle was not a 100% cause of injury and of course if someone breaks their foot it's nothing to do with it but it would affect their recovery without doubt - do i have to spell that out ffs?

© carroll is 21 or whatever, barton (and owen) had better fitness records at that age, if carroll is pissing it up and living the life of a total cunt at 26/27 i'd imagine he will be injured more than he is now (see Kluivert Patrick as another example)

(d) i'm sure they love the game too, never said otherwise

What is it you love about him, the constantly getting caught in possession, the ever lengthening injury list or the red cards and jail time?

England ffs. Even Rooney didn't lose the ball in the World Cup more than this arsehole did in the Championship. Shola's got more chance of a cap.

Barton has taken around 10 million off the club while giving nothing back. I've always said that we must get rid at the first opportunity but considering the circumstances I'd rather he stay and hopefully things will start improving for him.

Joey can talk about himself and his own ambitions if he wants. Where he's been stupid is in comparing his abilities to the players in the existing squad, and questioning the manager's judgement. He's crossed a boundary there.

What is it you love about him, the constantly getting caught in possession, the ever lengthening injury list or the red cards and jail time?

England ffs. Even Rooney didn't lose the ball in the World Cup more than this arsehole did in the Championship. Shola's got more chance of a cap.

I agree with your questioning of why on earth anyone would "absolutely love" Joey Barton due to the limited amount of impact he's had on the field for us, but that second statement is a load of shite. The guy barely played last season, and when he did his vision and passing was superb at times. Certainly wasn't constantly being caught in possession.