Hillsborough

Guest toonlass

Guest firetotheworks

^ for all those Geordies that share that sentiment, you should be hung from the Tyne bridge.

A reasoned argument. Thanks.

Fuck, some of the stuff coming out is outrageous. I've never really had a strong opinion on who was 'to blame' for the tragedy because it always seemed clear to me that no party could be considered truly free of guilt, but this cover up is shameful.  And how can governments say they weren't involved when it's taken so long for this to come out?

:sadnod:

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. It's been over 23 years since Hillsborough and the families of the 96 still don't know why their loved ones died, almost entirely because the authorities conducted themselves in the most sickening, underhand manner. If nothing else this entire process will have been worth it if it stops people (many of which should really know better) trotting out the same old slanderous s**** about the conduct of Liverpool supporters, all of which was proven to be utter tosh by the Taylor Report. I seriously doubt it though.

I don't like Liverpool FC as a football club, I don't like the way they conducted themselves throughout the Luis Suarez saga and I can't abide their deluded, entitled support but I stand shoulder to shoulder with them on Hillsborough. It could've been any club or any set of supporters and to use a tragic act as a stick to beat them with is pretty sick.

JFT96.

Great post.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sharing the sentiment, like. I was laughing at KI. He wanted a rection, got one, then acted like a little kid.

I'm not one for looking for reactions. All I said was that it irked me. Justice is justice at the end of the day and Im fully in support of the truth being told. They're just obviously a lot less vociferous about Heysel than they are about Hillsbrough for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean to say that it still doesn't make me feel uncomfortable.

Guest Geordiesned

I have no problem with their remembering of Hillsbrough at all, it's the forgetting of Heysel that irks me.

fuck off you stupid cunt.

Imbecile.

So the truth is now out, but what constitutes justice? Genuine question.

Convictions for those at fault (if possible)

How many individuals are named, I've only seen the Chief Constable and that Tory MP so far. The latter has a knighthood btw. :jesuswept:

So the truth is now out, but what constitutes justice? Genuine question.

Convictions for those at fault (if possible)

How many individuals are named, I've only seen the Chief Constable and that Tory MP so far. The latter has a knighthood btw. :jesuswept:

Probably not many but I'm sure it won't be too difficult to work out who was responsible for what especially in the upper echelons of the cover up. Those who lied will have names attached to statements surely too.

The report also makes important findings about particular actions taken by the police and coroner while investigating the deaths. There is new evidence which shows that police officers carried out police national computer checks on those who had died in an attempt – and I quote from the report — "to impugn the reputations of the deceased."

The Coroner took blood alcohol levels from all of the deceased including children. The Panel finds no rationale whatsoever for what it regards as an "exceptional" decision.

Sickening.

Guest firetotheworks

Even if they were able to have found those people guilty the day after it happened, it still wouldn't be justice really. I guess it's whatever maximum, small salvation is available at the time of it all coming out.