Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

And with the World Championship of Ice Hockey under way it means that I'll have to watch the game at home

:lol:

That's one of the bad things about living in Sweden, especially in a town like this where ice hockey is the King of sports. At least I'll be able to grab me a six-pack of Brown Ale on my way home from work. :lol:

and then nip out for more at half time ?

Nah man, you can't buy alcohol after 7 pm (6 in most places even) in Sweden unless you're at a bar.

:kasper:

Same in Norway, s*** rule.

AND a beer at a bar is easy £6-7, so its not cheep either.

Crazy country, have to be a f***ing millionare to be a alcoholic, i cant even afford to be one, have to work and all.... :idiot2:

For a pint?  :dowie:  :frantic:

No..not a whole pint..usually 0,4 liters

doesn't sound right does it........

"can i have 0.4 of a litre of bitter please"

"hello mate, coming out for 0.4 of a litre later ?"

Indeed, sounds gay doesent it?

Guest ovesbar

And with the World Championship of Ice Hockey under way it means that I'll have to watch the game at home

:lol:

That's one of the bad things about living in Sweden, especially in a town like this where ice hockey is the King of sports. At least I'll be able to grab me a six-pack of Brown Ale on my way home from work. :lol:

and then nip out for more at half time ?

Nah man, you can't buy alcohol after 7 pm (6 in most places even) in Sweden unless you're at a bar.

:kasper:

Same in Norway, s*** rule.

AND a beer at a bar is easy £6-7, so its not cheep either.

Crazy country, have to be a f***ing millionare to be a alcoholic, i cant even afford to be one, have to work and all.... :idiot2:

For a pint?  :dowie:  :frantic:

No..not a whole pint..usually 0,4 liters

doesn't sound right does it........

"can i have 0.4 of a litre of bitter please"

"hello mate, coming out for 0.4 of a litre later ?"

Well..we usually call it "a beer"

It's the pretending to think about something else thing. I feel like a constantly need to wee. I secretly think that everyone thinks we are going to win.

:lol: That sound's absolutely awful tbh. I think I'm lucky to be in America right now. By the time I go to class and eat lunch, etc. It will almost be time for the match. If I was back home, I would spend the entire afternoon thinking about what could go wrong in the match.

got to be honest. i'm not nervous at all,maybe i'm too old and world weary for it.

Or maybe you're just stoned off your gonads  :laugh:

na. just 1 pint and most of a bottle of wine yesterday. nowt yet today. i guess i'm resigned to the future, whatever it is.

got to be honest. i'm not nervous at all,maybe i'm too old and world weary for it.

Or maybe you're just stoned off your gonads  :laugh:

na. just 1 pint and most of a bottle of wine yesterday. nowt yet today. i guess i'm resigned to the future, whatever it is.

I feel similar at the moment, not nervous, not confident either. This idea that we are just going to start playing good football today after playing like a pub side all season just hasn't registered for me. I hope it happens though.

Think tonight if come full time we don't win I'm going to just sit there in disbelief and shit my pants until it overflows.

That's basically how this season has felt all along, just hope we get a 2nd chance to put it right.

I am predictin a close win, Beye gets the winner in 92 min, the crowds will be  :cheesy:

Im going home to my old man to watch this, 1 hour drive, with my little brother, all boys in the family are Newcastle supporters, and we havent talked about anything else on phone this week.

He have the Brown`s lined up, and if god wants, i get to work tomorrow, but i cant take anything for grantet atm... ;)

Guest WashyGeordie

Can't believe how many seats are still available for tonight. :no:

How many? If this game couldn't attract our supporters then no other game would.

It doesn't really help that Pompey have only sold 300 odd tickets aswell like.

(albeit i don't blame them).

“I went to see Portsmouth last Saturday, and we’ll have a right good go at them – I promise you that.

“They’ll be up for it.

“But we know exactly what the stakes are tonight.

“It’s incredibly important – we need three points desperately.”

- Shearer

Whether the players are capable of backing up those words on the pitch will be the key to the result. If they do, they'll have 50,000 roaring them on and Pompey will have their work cut out getting anything in such an atmosphere.

Cant wait, really cant wait.

4-0

the universe is about to implode now that you think we'll win handsomely and that you're really looking forward to a toon match :lol:

This forum will certainly explode if we don't win

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Whether the players are capable of backing up those words on the pitch will be the key to the result. If they do, they'll have 50,000 roaring them on and Pompey will have their work cut out getting anything in such an atmosphere.

Hopefully the fans can be patient and don't pass their frustration over to the players should the the early play go against us.

I don't usually do predictions but what the hell.

I expect Portsmouth to come out try and keep the ball and kill the atmosphere at the beginning of the match. Not having Kranjcar is a massive blow for them in terms of creativity but they'll still be a threat, Crouch in particular. I have no doubt they'll hold their own and I think the way this match goes is largely dependant on how we play rather than how they play.

I can't see Shearer completely throwing caution to the wind Southgate style but I expect an attacking line up, this is a must win and I can imagine there will be some nerves in the dressing room. The way we've played this season there's no reason to think we're going to come out and take them apart, the sides are closely matched and after all this is a relegation scrap.

Taking this into account I can't see it being anything special as a spectacle. It'll probably a tight scrappy affair with both defences looking edgy. I think in the end we will have just enough quality to see it through.

My Prediction: 2-1

head says this is going to be a draw, 1-1

Yeah I tend to agree. I think Pompey will score early and we'll be chasing the game. At the end we'll nick a point, which people within the club will say is not a disaster, unfortunately I don't agree. No win today and we are toast.