Roy Keane

Dave

Guest Heneage

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7728/010272577603000.jpg

He looks delighted.

Maybe he's just seen the squad?

I still can't get over the derby match last season that Keegan was in charge of. For a man of Keane's stature and reputation as someone who is one of the games toughest characters he completely bottled it. The way he approached the game with that team they'd lost the game before a ball was even kicked.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7728/010272577603000.jpg

He looks delighted.

That picture is fairly deceptive though - you can't see the "No dogs allowed" sign.

I think he's a bad loser, like Souness. That's fine as a player, but a manager has to keep calm when things aren't going well or players aren't doing what you want them to do.

He's got ability, but that's what he needs to learn.

I think he's a bad loser, like Souness. That's fine as a player, but a manager has to keep calm when things aren't going well or players aren't doing what you want them to do.

He's got ability, but that's what he needs to learn.

Roy Keane on fiery form from start at Ipswich Town

By Henry Winter, Football Correspondent

Roy Keane marked his return to management at Ipswich Town on Thursday in typically spiky fashion by dismissing the managerial achievements of his former Manchester United team-mates, Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Bryan Robson and Paul Ince.

After signing a two-year contract at Portman Road, Keane was asked why Sir Alex Ferguson's 1994 Double-winning side had produced so many good managers. "Who are the good managers you are talking about?'' Keane retorted. "Sparky and Brucey have not won a trophy have they? They have potential.

"Steve Bruce has had a good season, but [he] has been manager how many years [11]? Sparky has done a brilliant job at Blackburn, but is facing different challenges at Man City. Until an ex-team-mate of mine from '94 goes on and really achieves something, then I would not agree with what you are saying about being a successful manager. You need a bit more than some of those managers have achieved yet.'' Ince and Robson are currently out of work.

Portman Road rarely reverberates to controversial outbursts from managers but Keane had not finished. He also delivered a withering verdict on Tony Cascarino, who argued that he would be "amazed'' if Keane "got another job in football'' after walking out on Sunderland in December.

"Tony Cascarino?'' Keane said. "I would not give him the time of day. I am quite happy to comment on people's opinion in football I respect, but [he] is a man I certainly do not respect, for a lot of reasons, and if I told you, you would be shocked. The day I worry about [him] will be a very sad day of my life.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/ipswich/5209907/Roy-Keane-on-fiery-form-from-start-at-Ipswich-Town.html

Guest Brummiemag

I must admit I find some of his comments honest and refreshing, he says things as he sees them rather than coming out with safe sanitised bullshit like a lot of players and managers. I

thought his comments a while back were spot on about tv commentators and the crap they come out with. 

It will be interesting to see if he can turn Ipswich around