Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cisse's form is down to a mixture of factors IMO.

1. He can't seem to perform alongside Ba and always if you go through his history as a footballer had more joy as a lone striker than in a partnership.

2. Little to no service and seems to enjoy passing football on the ground to his feet where he can use his off the ball movement and predatory instincts rather than direct long ball.

3. He seems low on confidence which is mainly due to poor performances for two above reasons.

Alan Pardew, together with Chief Scout Graham Carr, had travelled to watch a strong squad and he will have been impressed with several displays as forgotten man Xisco put in a decent 57-minute shift up front.

:snod:

Go on Xisco son.

I don't understand why we're trying to integrate him into the squad etc now when he'll be away on a free in the summer. The time to do that, if we wanted to, was fucking ages ago.

Exactly. I still think if we made an effort with him and played him in the Championship we could have turned his Newcastle career around, instead of signing the likes of Harewood.

I don't know the story behind him obviously but I would bet he would be happy to have had slugged it out with Enrique, Colo and Jonas.

Guest BooBoo

I think it's just a decent bit of management really, giving the lad a few run outs to keep him involved rather than let him further stagnate.

As a move its pretty much ruined his career.

I don't understand why we're trying to integrate him into the squad etc now when he'll be away on a free in the summer. The time to do that, if we wanted to, was f***ing ages ago.

Do we have to pay Depor 500k per appearance or something? Not that he would get a look in at the minute anyway with a striker situation looking reasonably sewn up.

£500k per appearance? This is becoming the most expensive transfer in history :lol:

Given he has only started once maybe not. Remember reading we might have to pay a chunk of the money after a certain amount of appearances like with Mike Williamson at Pompey. Would make more sense as to why he doesn't get a look in, especially if he isn't as good as what we have. That said I think this appearance fee i just made up was proved to be bullshit years ago.

Aye, no way it can be 500k unless it was only for a certain 10 games or so?

Sure I read that after his next appearance we'd have to pay a lump sum although that's more than likely made up as well.

It's painfully obvious there's a substantial appearance based disincentive for us to play him.

No, It's not.

:lol: It's ridiculous this line is still being peddled. Why the hell would we waste an appearance on him coming off the bench at times like Aston Villa in our first season back in the PL? (is the first instance that springs to mind).

It's painfully obvious there's a substantial appearance based disincentive for us to play him.

No, It's not.

:lol: It's ridiculous this line is still being peddled. Why the hell would we waste an appearance on him coming off the bench at times like Aston Villa in our first season back in the PL? (is the first instance that springs to mind).

Not really. He was used in sub apps in the Championship & first season back up prior to the transfer deadline then never seen again. Quite feasible that we know we have limited games before we have to pay more so used them to try and get him in the shop window. Weird how he was sub against Man U and Villa, then never seem again once the deadline had passed.