Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meanwhile, United are lumbered with £5.7m striker Xisco once again after Deportivo la Coruna were relegated from La Liga.

The Spaniard will now report for pre-season training again with United on July 4.

However, Pardew vowed to work with the player back in January if his move to Spain did not work out, and he could well try out Xisco in the club’s summer friendly programme.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/24/ameobi-expecting-tough-competition-at-nufc-72703-28752472/#ixzz1NHlWIXtZ

Guest Heneage

That's part of the problem.

'Lumbered'. We aren't lumbered with Xisco, we are lumbered with Alan Smith.

That's part of the problem.

'Lumbered'. We aren't lumbered with Xisco, we are lumbered with Alan Smith.

To be fair we are lumbered with Xisco,  he's an absolute joke,  yes Smith is shite but is "good behind the scenes".  Yes before i get shot to pieces thats not enough to jusify his ridiculous wages but Smith along with Nolan, Joey and Harper were the ones who pulled the players together and harnessed the team spirit and togetherness that is now our biggest strength.

I'd still sell him in a heartbeat mind but he's done more than Xisco ever will.

We don't really need him, but do a Guardado-Xisco swap, as suggested on the last page.

the fans on the Depor forum said that would not likely happen because they wont pay the wages he's on at us (even if they get millions for Guadardo).....especially now that they're in the Segunda division.

• 4 weeks later...

Means nowt man, Xisco has been away for the best part of 2 seasons, he'll probably get lumped with a number in the 40s and rot in the reserves till January where some relegation threatened La Liga club takes a punt on loaning him.

Means nowt man, Xisco has been away for the best part of 2 seasons, he'll probably get lumped with a number in the 40s and rot in the reserves till January where some relegation threatened La Liga club takes a punt on loaning him.

Yep.

• 3 weeks later...

Deportivo out to rescue Newcastle flop

Deportivo la Coruna are hoping to sort out a permanent deal for Newcastle outcast Xisco, according to Spanish reports.

The striker has just returned to Tyneside after a six-month loan spell with old club Deportivo.

He has appeared only nine times for the Magpies since joining from Deportivo for £5.7m three years ago.

Depor president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro is waiting for the green light from Newcastle to open negotiations with the player.

link: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-flop-Xisco-wanted-on-permanent-basis-Deportivo-La-Coruna-after-loan-spell-last-season-article755301.html

'According to Spanish reports' = lifted almost word for word from a Spanish site I read earlier. :laugh:

I don't know how reliable The Mirror is, though rumour might well be very true, as Xisco is not held in very high regard here. But looking at the article it's written/translated as if we are letting him go for free, which I highly doubt.

I think it could be a break through year for the bloke if he gets time in trials scores goals works his butt off etc, if it doesn't work out then sell him for peanuts to deportivo, why firesale an asset when pardew probably hasn't even seen the bloke ?