Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want him to leave. I just want him to make a career with football. I feel really sorry for him, bet he couldn't have thought this time last year he would have been dropped by Joe Kinnear and on the bench for a Championship team.

At the same time he's been unimpressive at first team and reserve level. Its not as if he's been harshly omitted from the side.

Aye he's been given more than enough chances, like Carroll.

Carroll has been given more than enough chances?  He's proven himself to be our second best striker and deserves his place.

we only have 3 (essentially) strikers. the others being a player with 1 start and ameobi.

2nd by default sadly.

How've got 3 (essentially) strikers?  Ameobi, Ranger, Xisco and Carroll = 4.

It's not Carroll's fault that Xisco can't impress any one of about five managers.

It's not like the strikers who did impress the managers repaid their faith last season is it? Over-paid, club relegating cunts for the most part.

I want him to leave. I just want him to make a career with football. I feel really sorry for him, bet he couldn't have thought this time last year he would have been dropped by Joe Kinnear and on the bench for a Championship team.

At the same time he's been unimpressive at first team and reserve level. Its not as if he's been harshly omitted from the side.

Carroll has been given more than enough chances?  He's proven himself to be our second best striker and deserves his place.

we only have 3 (essentially) strikers. the others being a player with 1 start and ameobi.

2nd by default sadly.

It's not Carroll's fault that Xisco can't impress any one of about five managers.

It's not like the strikers who did impress the managers repaid their faith last season is it? Over-paid, club relegating c***s for the most part.

If anything that makes it more embarrassing that Xisco couldn't in the team.

Guest The Libertine

2nd by default sadly.

xisco cant possibly count if he cant make it into the squad for a cup match when we're down to the under 19's starting.

im not knocking carroll, just saying the "second best" tag is deceiving based on his competition.

Perhaps the reason he isn't being played is because his first team appearances trigger some form of transfer fee payment?

He's definitely better than Ranger and I was at the Huddersfield game with some mates the other night and non of us could understand why Houghton played a 5 man midfield with Guthrie playing off Ranger at home against a team in a lower division. Surely it would have been ideal to give Xisco a run-out.

Of course the game was changed when he brought Shola on and went to a 4 4 2 so if anything we should see Xisco next cup game as Shola is crocked. If we don't then i guess they aren't playing him because it's gonna cost Ashley more money and you know how he doesn't like that!

I know not really the right game to judge people on, but Xisco was total garbage in pre-season against Orient (although many players were). Doesn't seem to have a clue where he's supposed to be playing and what he's supposed to be doing. God forbid Kinnear was actually right... :kinnear:

I know not really the right game to judge people on, but Xisco was total garbage in pre-season against Orient (although many players were). Doesn't seem to have a clue where he's supposed to be playing and what he's supposed to be doing. God forbid Kinnear was actually right... :kinnear:

Kinnear froze him out of the side by all accounts, wouldn't even speak to him let alone include him in reserve games.  He did get a few games in the reserves when Kinnear was in hospital, even scored a few goals, but managed to get injured just before Shearer came in and wasn't really fit for the end of the season.  If his attitude is a bit shit it might have a lot to do with that, knowing that no matter what he did he wasn't going to be picked is hardly an incentive to put much effort in.

There's a good chance that the reason he looks like he has hardly played with his team mates is because he's hardly been given the opportunity to play alongside them.

Guest Geordiekev

Reported on the offical site that he has a groin injury, must have been playing with himself too much because he certainly aint been playing for us..

Kinnear froze him out of the side by all accounts, wouldn't even speak to him let alone include him in reserve games.  He did get a few games in the reserves when Kinnear was in hospital, even scored a few goals, but managed to get injured just before Shearer came in and wasn't really fit for the end of the season.  If his attitude is a bit shit it might have a lot to do with that, knowing that no matter what he did he wasn't going to be picked is hardly an incentive to put much effort in.

There's a good chance that the reason he looks like he has hardly played with his team mates is because he's hardly been given the opportunity to play alongside them.

It doesn't help his cause that every time there's an opening for a starting place he gets injured.

It doesn't help his cause that every time there's an opening for a starting place he gets injured.

The Spanish Stephen Glass?

Kinnear froze him out of the side by all accounts, wouldn't even speak to him let alone include him in reserve games.  He did get a few games in the reserves when Kinnear was in hospital, even scored a few goals, but managed to get injured just before Shearer came in and wasn't really fit for the end of the season.  If his attitude is a bit s*** it might have a lot to do with that, knowing that no matter what he did he wasn't going to be picked is hardly an incentive to put much effort in.

The Spanish Stephen Glass?

No, he's just made of glass.

Guest icemanblue

How does someone who does nothing get injured like that? :idiot2:

I know, it's proper mad isn't it?! I mean, it's not as if they train every da... oh.

How does someone who does nothing get injured like that? :idiot2:

I know, it's proper mad isn't it?! I mean, it's not as if they train every da... oh.

Could be that its a tactical "injury" as the club think they might sell him and don't want him out there on the pitch getting injured for real.

If Hull were going to pay £3m, snap their hands off.

We only really have two strikers at the moment, one is Xisco and the other is a 17 year old with a fair bit left still to do.

As much as he hasn't impressed (and I also trust Biggs assesment on his perfomances at reserve level) we are way, WAY too thin up top to let anyone go.