Newcastle United 0 - 1 Fulham - 16/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

James

I honestly can't see why so many people are having a go at the ref here? Apart from the disallowed goal, what's he got wrong?

I am shaking my head is disbelief at this comment - can't even insult, its so barmy.

Explain then?

Bassong didn't even touch Kamara when he went down. c***

Sorry, but you're deluded. Bassong grabbed him to hold him back. Once he let go, he clipped his heals. Clear red card.

Absolutely

I honestly can't see why so many people are having a go at the ref here? Apart from the disallowed goal, what's he got wrong?

I am shaking my head is disbelief at this comment - can't even insult, its so barmy.

Explain then?

Bassong didn't even touch Kamara when he went down. CUNT

Fouled him twice tbh.

Congratulations to Mr Howard Webb.  All referee's feel they are an important part of the game and he has well and truly proven the point today.

Never has one man cost so many so much!

Ashley?

Hitler?

Ashley... Hitler... and Webb... three bastards of the last 100 years.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont get Setanta going on about how its a good spot by the ref on Nolan. He's doing nothing but standing there. Sickening.  :sadnod:

Explain then?

Bassong didn't even touch Kamara when he went down. CUNT

When Bassong pulled Kamara, the linesman flagged for a foul. He was going to get a red card at that point. The fact that their feet touched after and Kamara fell down meant nothing.

Unbelievable. Un-fucking-believable.

Has St James' Park just seen it's last Premiership match for a long time?

yes, honestly cant see us going straight back up with this bunch of jokers in charge of the club, we'll be left with the worst of our current players and one or two bargain basement, past it shitheads.

Explain then?

Sorry, but you're deluded. Bassong grabbed him to hold him back. Once he let go, he clipped his heals. Clear red card.

Absolutely

Watch the replay. Seriously.

Guest sittingontheball

More gash from the Toon.

Disallowed goal didn't help though.

Fans sounded a bit flat on the tv.

Bassong is an idiot. That was some of the most ridiculous panicky defending I've ever seen. Real rubbish. We weren't even in serious danger. And as the that Setanta idiot felt the need to point out twenty times, he's been our best player this season

Wrong to chalk off the goal tbh,Nolan hardly touched the keeper...bad decision.

Right to send off Bassong,he pulled him back then clipped his heels..good decison.

The refs not to blame for the shower of s*** that are Newcastle United sadly,as much as i would like to use him as a scapegoat.

Time to get the parachutes out me thinks....

Explain then?

Absolutely

Watch the replay. Seriously.

The replay of Bassong pulling him back? Is it going to change eventually?

Guest The Libertine

Booing.....aye, because that'll help us. Fucking idiots.

do they deserve cheers? do they fuck. they're a bunch of spineless cunts who deserve all the abuse they get.

What's all this about a disallowed goal? Was it Viduka? Webb saves his shittiest calls for Mark.

yes nolan was placed near the keeper but not actually impeding him, actually moved away and held his hands up to show he wasnt interfering. yet still got ruled out. inexplicable.

Shambles of a season.

Shambles of an owner and board.

Shambolic "professional footballers" playing for our team lads and lasses...not all of them, but sadly a significant number of them couldn't give a shit.

This club needs rebuilt, top to bottom in the summer and its gonna have to be done in the 2nd tier of English football.

The fates demand that we go down, that's all there is to it really.

I don't care how shit we were, we had four or five clear chances to score and could have won this easily. We didn't hit any of them. Oh wait, we did, but Howard fucking Webb just decided that he would take it away.

What's all this about a disallowed goal? Was it Viduka? Webb saves his shittiest calls for Mark.

yes nolan was placed near the keeper but not actually impeding him, actually moved away and held his hands up to show he wasnt interfering. yet still got ruled out. inexplicable.

I havent seen the incident but its a sad fact of football these days is that you only have to breath on a goalkeeper to have commited a foul.