Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

f***ing mercenary b******!

Imo, you can't be a supporter and hope to profit from our relegation.

I think its called softening the blow

nah it's called being a cock

Fucking mercenary bastard!

Imo, you can't be a supporter and hope to profit from our relegation.

I think its called softening the blow

That's total bollocks! If I did that I'd want to throw the winnings in the Tyne if the worst did happen.

The Guardian has the team as

Harper

Taylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Guthrie Butt Nolan Duff

Viduka Martins

I'm with the posters who are expecting a disappointing afternoon. There's no quality or pace in midfield and I've gone for a 3-0 loss and Villa winning at HT/FT at the bookies. My heart will take over from my head at 4pm tomorrow but i expect to be richer come 6pm.

Roll on next season

Hope you lose your money!! & your house tbh, fuck's sake  :rant:

:lol:

Can I just say that I don't care if Owen leaves this summer anymore.

But the whole 'Owen apologist' argument is pathetic.

It's like calling someone a Nazi apologist for saying the Nazis didn't kill 60 million jews.  :lol:

They didn't, it was roughly 6 million.

Fail.

It wasnt solely Jews in the concentration camps think its actually in region of 1 million or two million that actually were.

It's like calling someone a Nazi apologist for saying the Nazis didn't kill 60 million jews.  :lol:

Fail.

It wasnt solely Jews in the concentration camps think its actually in region of 1 million or two million that actually were.

Thanks for setting my mind at rest, I would have been a mess today otherwise.

Fail.

Thanks for setting my mind at rest, I would have been a mess today otherwise.

your very welcome

Last night I dreamt us drawing 4-4 in a game with 5 red cards, in the meanwhile Hull were drawing 1-1 against Man U all up to the 85th minute when Man U scored 3 goals and won 1-4.   

I always doubted whether people actually had these dreams about football, but I had one last night. We were two nil down but pulled one back with 15 left and equalised in the last minute. Woke up before I knew the Hull result. More of a nightmare than a dream.

Not everyone wnats to see us go down...

Dudes.....ur teams destiny will be decided at Villa Park tomorrow.....I still believe a draw will be enough for you but i'm sure you're coming down to beat us.

A Premier League without Newcastle is like London without Big Ben.

Villa need a win too to take 5th place....and its going to be some game no doubt.

Good luck and best wishes all the same.....

Guest fraser

This may have been mentioned before but I was thinking about the circularity of tomorrow's fixture. In my opinion we lost the plot after a 4-2 defeat at Villa and sacked SBR on the Monday after; here we are having to win there to stop the rot that set in from then on.

Sky Sports think we'll stay up predicting us drawing at Villa and Hull getting beat.

I fully believe they're only out to jinx us saying things will go well :angry:

They're like the only people backing us though.

This may have been mentioned before but I was thinking about the circularity of tomorrow's fixture. In my opinion we lost the plot after a 4-2 defeat at Villa and sacked SBR on the Monday after; here we are having to win there to stop the rot that set in from then on.

Not to mention the 4-1 last season. Also throw in the on-pitch shambles at home under Souness and it makes things a bit more daunting.

Guest fraser

The past 7 days have flown by, for me. Thought it would drag.

It's been slow and painful for me. Like being buried in sand to the neck and then having syrup thrown over your head so the giant ants can eat you. Alive!!!

Just stuck a tenner on us going down at 8/15.  Strange mentality that the £5 winnings i'd get would make me feel slightly better,  but the truth is,  its just an extra couple of drinks to make me feel worse tommorow :(

I have felt sick all week and its getting worse. i havent expected us to stay up for a while now. all this false hope is killing me! its not that we arent capable of getting a result. its just, i have little this season that shows that we will turn up and perform.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tomorrow we will feel the worst we have ever felt following this club of ours as it drops out of the top-flight but remember this: better days are ahead, much better days. We'll be back and so will I when the big kick-off down in the Championship comes. See you all in August.