Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

I feel for Ronaldo. I am 8 hours behind - its only 9pm here so I am currently drinking myself to oblivion and then having the alarm going off just before 8AM when teh game starts.

I've got my alarm set at 10 and a bottle of Gin ready.

I live on the tenth floor so I don't even have to get a gun in case I need to  :suicide:

I can't even remember what sleep was like. I've completely forgotten how to do it.

I wasn't like this until about an hour before the Boro match.

Guest toonlass

Well I am up and about to get ready to go down to Villa and suddenly feel strangely calm.

Guest Brummiemag

Looks like its gonna be hot and sunny down here in Birmingham today, definitely shorts and sunglasses weather. Expected to be the hottest day of the year so far

Just woke up and feel nervous/sick now, really am dreading the match, gonnago have a walk around our hotel because Beyonce is stopping here so hopefully she will sing me a song and restore some calm to my drink infused stomach :-)

TOON TOON !!

Guest Taffywolf

Good luck to you today from a wolves fan who would rather see you in the prem than boro or hull.  In my opinion the prem league needs you and also needs us rather than small clubs like wigan. Im not one that supports 2/3 teams I'm just wolves but for some reason whenever you lads are playing on tv I always hope you win.   

so I really hope it goes your way today and we see you next season. 

I feel for Ronaldo. I am 8 hours behind - its only 9pm here so I am currently drinking myself to oblivion and then having the alarm going off just before 8AM when teh game starts.

I'm in Cali right now as well and really need to go to bed so I can get up early in the morning and drive to the pub and watch the game. Only problem is that I'm too nervous to sleep.. Just lying in bed twisting and turning and ah! In less than ten hours we'll know our fate..

This is fucking it, boys! Im so nervous, I wish I was going.

Its a killer but in a way really gets you going! Lets hope we can for once have luck on our side today.

But look at it this way- It could be worse. We could have to go to Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford to get something. So it could be worse....

TOOON TOOOON

Guest Stephen927

Haven't had a single dream about the match, which is probably good because when I dream about a win which seems to be every week, we end up losing.

Roll on 4pm, this day is gonna drag.

Having thought about it a bit more, I'm even more resigned to defeat. This 'they're already on the beach'/'we're the only ones with something to play for' thing is hardly a positive given Shearer's comments about our players being nervous as hell and playing like the ball is a hot potato. Villa can relax and play their football, we'll be so tense we'll be mucking up the simplest thing.

Obviously I hope the above is a load of bollocks.

Main BBC Sport headline: D-Day for Newcastle

Looks like the other three clubs don't matter.

We are Newcastle United, and we will remain long after Hull, Sunderland, and Middlesbrough have ceased to exist.

We are Newcastle United, and we will remain long after Hull, Sunderland, and Middlesbrough have ceased to exist.

It's obviously going to focus on us more though isn't it, what with 16 consecutive premier league seasons, with numerous cup runs, Champions League & UEFA appearances..

Guest Stephen927

79th minute, Newcastle 1-0 down. Shearer runs down the tunnel into the dressing room, emerging in the 82nd minute in full Newcastle United gear. Mark Viduka comes off, Shearer goes on. Newcastle get a penalty in the 89th minute.

Up steps Alan Shearer...

:bluestar:

79th minute, Newcastle 1-0 down. Shearer runs down the tunnel into the dressing room, emerging in the 82nd minute in full Newcastle United gear. Mark Viduka comes off, Shearer goes on. Newcastle get a penalty in the 89th minute.

Up steps Alan Shearer...

:bluestar:

He's gonna miss and send us down, this is Newcastle remember.

It's obviously going to focus on us more though isn't it, what with 16 consecutive premier league seasons, with numerous cup runs, Champions League & UEFA appearances..

Zip it, they're not supposed to know that.

YOU'D RATHER LOSE 4-3 THAN DRAW 0-0 LOLZ!!11!1!1!!!

Guest Stephen927

Good luck btw, will be cheering you on.

You were at the Middlesbrough game weren't you?

Get ready I'm taking you down to Villa Park.