Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

In two minds about whether I want Milner to play.

On one hand, I think he's an absolutely desperate player.

On the other hand, I know exactly what'll probably happen if he does.

I am going to need to be absolutely shitfaced to cope with this one.

I think some of our players will be thinking the same thing. Big Al better keep the blood monitors handy.

Shearer needs to make sure all of our players know what this club means to people, and what relegation would mean, we might just get abit of passion and desire out of some of them. They should also be aware of the last time we played Villa. I cant imagine the anger amongst our fans if we go down on the back of yet another gutless performance.

I'm not worried about Milner, it's the likes of Carew and Young we won't be able to handle physically.

fucking shitting myself, watching the mackems game tonight has sort of brought it home. its awful because i'd come to terms with the fact that we were going down, then al came in. then i'd come to terms with it again, then we beat boro. that said i still think we'll stay up on goal difference but its gonna be seriously tense, and if man u dont get an early goal it'll be worse, nevermind if hull score first.

I'm not worried about Milner, it's the likes of Carew and Young we won't be able to handle physically.

Milner has been far more effective than Ashley Young for several months now, he's doing really well.

Hopefully we won't see the utter fucking madness of him being played at RB again (that'll be Gardener if Luke Young isn't fit).

Know what I'd do if i were one of your ilk without a ticket this weekend?

Turn the radio and telly off. Go for a walk or something. Smoke furiously. If you don't smoke, start. Just do something else for 90 minutes, come back in, turn on the telly and get it over and done with.

Milner has been far more effective than Ashley Young for several months now, he's doing really well.

Hopefully we won't see the utter f***ing madness of him being played at RB again (that'll be Gardener if Luke Young isn't fit).

Turn the radio and telly off. Go for a walk or something. Smoke furiously. If you don't smoke, start. Just do something else for 90 minutes, come back in, turn on the telly and get it over and done with.

im seriously toying with that idea.

Brummie,

Is Ashley Young going to be fit? Any idea on how you will line up? Milner at right back again?

I don't know if Young will be back, I find it hard to believe we'll repeat the insanity of Milner at right back.

Hopefully Luke Young will be back, and I expect we'll line up

Friedel

Luke Young - Davies - Cuellar - Shorey

Milner - Barry - Petrov - Ashley Young

Carew - Agbonlahor

Personally I'd like to see Agbonlahor dropped for Delfouneso, but it won't happen.

I would.

I can't handle suspenseful situations.

1990 WC semi penalties, 1996 EC semis pens, turned telly off, went outside, smoked a lot, came back in 30 minutes later.

I managed the 82 European Cup final, but looking back, i really don't know how. It must have been youth.

Hopefully we won't see the utter fucking madness of him being played at RB again (that'll be Gardener if Luke Young isn't fit).

Pain is part of the game,  the waiting is worse!

Lets just hope you lot has taken a well earned vacation before the game so we can get ours :D

Guest Micktoon

Hopefully we won't see the utter f***ing madness of him being played at RB again (that'll be Gardener if Luke Young isn't fit).

That is exactly what I'm going to do, can stand that level of stress.

I would.

I can't handle suspenseful situations.

1990 WC semi penalties, 1996 EC semis pens, turned telly off, went outside, smoked a lot, came back in 30 minutes later.

I managed the 82 European Cup final, but looking back, i really don't know how. It must have been youth.

:)

doubt i could do it to be honest, im going to have to go through the pain, im going to be alone though, couldnt stand being with anyone, i'll be a nervous wreck

I said I was going to do that after the Fulham game but like a moth drawn to a flame I'll end up watching this I just know it. BTW, Milner whatever his good or bad points, I think we can cope with because our geriatric team will be able to keep up with his slow shuffle style. Our legless wonders will probably welcome his useless stepovers as a chance to catch their breath.

I couldn't watch the match by myself, it would kill me. Only in the company of a few dozen like-minded supporters who I know are experiencing the same agony.

I'm seriously pondering a vacation in Las Vegas with some mates if a ticket to the match doesn't magically drop into my lap within the next few days.

Blowing my annual Toon Travel fund on Blackjack should be enough to take my mind off the match.

I really don't know what to do.....if I watch the match it'll kill me, if I don't watch it - it'll kill me.....either way I'm a dead man.

I may just not sleep the night before and try to sleep all through the match, then suddenly wake up thinking this whole season was some horrible dream :(

I'm seriously pondering a vacation in Las Vegas with some mates if a ticket to the match doesn't magically drop into my lap within the next few days.

Blowing my annual Toon Travel fund on Blackjack should be enough to take my mind off the match.

would they let you in to the USA?

would they let you in to the USA?

I'm already there? ???

Brummie,

Is Ashley Young going to be fit? Any idea on how you will line up? Milner at right back again?

I don't know if Young will be back, I find it hard to believe we'll repeat the insanity of Milner at right back.

Friedel

Carew - Agbonlahor

Personally I'd like to see Agbonlahor dropped for Delfouneso, but it won't happen.

Pants starting line up tbh.....

:weep:

Guest battyleespeed

Brummie,

Friedel

Carew - Agbonlahor

Hope Guthrie and Jonas change flanks fbecause Shorey and Young seems like a very difficult combination to defend against, but luckily Jonas is ideal to nullify that threat. Duff alone will be enough to deal with Milner.