Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Can uz stop talking about how easy it will be to deal with Milner/how crap he is in general.

The last thread in the Bassong thread before the boro game was how crap schwarzer was.

Thus bassong gets sent off & schwarzer gets our goal dissallowed and makes two match winning saves.

We've experienced this before.

Milner is purely a legend, who i think we all fully expect to score & assist many goals on sunday against us.

Brummie,

Is Ashley Young going to be fit? Any idea on how you will line up? Milner at right back again?

I don't know if Young will be back, I find it hard to believe we'll repeat the insanity of Milner at right back.

Hopefully Luke Young will be back, and I expect we'll line up

Friedel

Luke Young - Davies - Cuellar - Shorey

Milner - Barry - Petrov - Ashley Young

Carew - Agbonlahor

Personally I'd like to see Agbonlahor dropped for Delfouneso, but it won't happen.

Hope Guthrie and Jonas change flanks fbecause Shorey and Young seems like a very difficult combination to defend against, but luckily Jonas is ideal to nullify that threat. Duff alone will be enough to deal with Milner.

Way to go with the kiss of death...  :rolleyes:

working out the likelyhood of us winning

Last time they lost at home was 2-1 to tottenham 15th march

chelsea 1-0 in feb

& then u have to go back to november for a 2-1 loss against boro

Thats it.  :undecided:

So if we do miraculously win its likely we'll be bricking a one goal margin until fulltime.

The last two nights I've had dreams about this game.

The first night, we got tanked 3-0.

Last night, we won 7-4, and I played.

You decide.  :no:

I had a really bizarre dream about it the other night.  We won, Hull won, sunderland lost and went down.  Sky captured images of some of my mackem mates in tears.  I Sky+ ed it (despite not having sky) and kept it.  Fast forward to one of the mackems' wedding day.  I was best man, gave my speech and then happened to have a TV, and played the clip for everyone to see.  His new wife then got up, left the room and ran away.

Was fucking mental.

I am going to need to be absolutely shitfaced to cope with this one.

I'm off down my mates - going to be 4 of us there, the other two lads going down are taking a 24-pack each, I'm taking 6 large Brown Ale bottles and there's whatever my mate has at his gaff. The plan is get there for about 11am, play some FM and Fifa and get wankered. Followed by drinking into depression if we go down, or drinking in celebration if we stay up.

Shitting myself as it is.

The last two nights I've had dreams about this game.

The first night, we got tanked 3-0.

Last night, we won 7-4, and I played.

You decide.  :no:

I must have had some 5 to 10 dreams about the game tonight. Woke up so many times thinking that we had just been relegated or thinking that we were safe.

My out there team for the Villa game:

Harps

Colo    Edgar

Taylor                        Jonas

Nolan Butt Donniger

Viduka

Oba        Lov

I am thinking Beye is out (if fit in for Edgar/Colo) & Bassong is missing (starts CB if not).

Go with S.Taylor at rb as I think we need to see him in the oppos box more & he can do this more from rb than cb, has the energy that Ryan Taylor seems to lack. Jonas in forr Duff, I think Duff would get battered in a 433.

Donniger starts a local lad, top goalscorer for the 2nd XI so hopefully he would bring a energy & goal threat from midfield.

Viduka would play deeper & be told find Oba & Lov. Oba & Lov would be told to push up as far up the field as possible & gamble about being offside in the hope of nicking a goal.

I hope ranger is on the bench, and comes on and scores a screamer that keeps us up. That would show all the haters.

hopefully ranger will be unleashed on the championship premiership next season

[move] :kinnear:[/move]

Just said on radio Owen will be back, 'no problems found on the groin scan'. The game which he missed due to this groin injury was only a few days ago! Now there's nothing? Pretty sure he bottled it against Fulham.

No way Nile gets a game or a place on the bench, its a must win game and Al has not used him so far.

Maybe why thats why he should get the shot, something unknown that may make something, lets face it, the others havent done that much to warrant keeping a place.

Guest Alan_Shearer

From .com:

"The final away game of the season isn't an inspiring

place to search for omens regarding a possible away victory for Newcastle - never having happened since

we took our place in the Premier League:

2007/08 lost 1-3 at Everton

2006/07 drew 1-1 at Watford

2005/06 drew 0-0 at Birmingham

2004/05 lost 0-2 at Everton

2003/04 drew 1-1 at Liverpool

2002/03 drew 2-2 at West Brom

2001/02 lost 1-3 at Southampton

2000/01 lost 0-3 at Liverpool

1999/00 drew 0-0 at Derby

1998/99 lost 0-2 at Leicester

1997/98 lost 0-1 at Blackburn

1996/97 drew 0-0 at Man U

1995/96 drew 1-1 at Forest

1994/95 lost 0-1 at Blackburn

1993/94 lost 0-2 Sheffield United"

That made my heart sink a little there...doesn't mean we can't win though...