Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

Why do only end of window signings count though, that's just timing. Don't think it really means anything when in the window the deals happen.

Of course it f***ing matters man a deadline day signing in this window will have missed  3 league games. When is Blobby Campbell going to be fit to play a full a game? As he signed after the training camp in Ireland & missed our pre-season games.

As soon as the transfer window is closed the same people who are saying we should wait until it's closed to complain will be saying that what's done is done, noone knows whose fault it really was, and there's no point in complaining now the window is closed and we should just get behind the team.

Those two positions aren't contradictory though.

Why do only end of window signings count though, that's just timing. Don't think it really means anything when in the window the deals happen.

Of course it fucking matters man a deadline day signing in this window will have missed at 3 games. When if Blobby Campbell going to be fit to play a full a game? As he signed after the training camp in Ireland & has missed a large part of pre-season.

You slightly missed my point, I was just saying that it doesn't necessarily mean they will be players of lower quality, and that all signings should be judged together no matter where in the window they happen to occur.

I wasn't saying anything about what is better or worse for the team.

Everyones an expert on how to run a club. I cant believe so many seemingly 'sensible' people seemingly fail to understand the singular importance of having the right man running the team, which in my opinion isnt Hughton.

How much you spend on the team pales in significances in comparison to having the right man in charge.

True, but you need to spend something to attract the right man.

Even then we wouldn't have been relegated if he got one of the 5000 better than Kinnear, wouldn't have lost 40m in TV money and could release/sell the high earners now after a stable season. Instead we're shitting ourselves about another relegation and Hughton is still here because Ashley has done naff all since we went down and he doesn't complain, not because of some fucking masterplan.

True, to a point, alot of clubs have found good manager with little cash in the pot, Fulham, Everton, Blacburn, even our own club was in a tight spot when SBR took over, its where i think the majority of critiscm aimed at the club should be focused, our failing to employ a credible manager. I guess thats my only point.

My Messi/O'Neill analogy is a prime example of how i feel about, id much rather have a pretty ordinary manager with a decent reputation who would guide us so far leaving us in a better place like he did Leicester aloowing us to attract a better class of manager from there on in to having one of the best players of all time, in my opinion, becasue its my belief thatt he quality of the playing staff can only get you so far yet the quality of a manager can get you even further.

Ridicule away.

As soon as the transfer window is closed the same people who are saying we should wait until it's closed to complain will be saying that what's done is done, noone knows whose fault it really was, and there's no point in complaining now the window is closed and we should just get behind the team.

All that is true though lol

Absolutely not an Ashley apologist. I hate what he has done to the club and the way his action has influence people supporting Newcastle. It's fuckin' depressing. There may be truths in statements that the previous regime did not run the club in a long-term economical healthy way, but Ashley... come on.

The guy's a greed cunt. He simply does not have the money to compete... nor a plan.

Wisheed he just fucked off, and we got somebody in willing to spend the cash.

Agreed, of course there's always January to ''put things rignt' and Hughton to still be 'hopeful'

Everyones an expert on how to run a club. I cant believe so many seemingly 'sensible' people seemingly fail to understand the singular importance of having the right man running the team, which in my opinion isnt Hughton.

How much you spend on the team pales in significances in comparison to having the right man in charge.

Even then we wouldn't have been relegated if he got one of the 5000 better than Kinnear, wouldn't have lost 40m in TV money and could release/sell the high earners now after a stable season. Instead we're shitting ourselves about another relegation and Hughton is still here because Ashley has done naff all since we went down and he doesn't complain, not because of some f***ing masterplan.

True, to a point, alot of clubs have found good manager with little cash in the pot, Fulham, Everton, Blacburn, even our own club was in a tight spot when SBR took over, its where i think the majority of critiscm aimed at the club should be focused, our failing to employ a credible manager. I guess thats my only point.

My Messi/O'Neill analogy is a prime example of how i feel about, id much rather have a pretty ordinary manager with a decent reputation who would guide us so far leaving us in a better place like he did Leicester aloowing us to attract a better class of manager from there on in to having one of the best players of all time, in my opinion, becasue its my belief thatt he quality of the playing staff can only get you so far yet the quality of a manager can get you even further.

Ridicule away.

We kinda had that with fat sam but kinda messed it up by giving him pots of cash which he fucked up.

why is it thst under the curren regime we aere waiting until the end of the transfer window, as in the previous regime most transfers were done by july

Source ?

no source - it's fact  :thup:

A fact that you can't back up?

Owen, Luque, Lee Clark and Solano signed after season 05/06 had started

Siberski, Martins, Rossi, Srnicek and Bernard all signed after season 06/07 had started

Taken from NUFC.com

Agreed, of course there's always January to ''put things rignt' and Hughton to still be 'hopeful'

So if we aren't happy with the transfer window, we shouldn't get behind the team?

Even then we wouldn't have been relegated if he got one of the 5000 better than Kinnear, wouldn't have lost 40m in TV money and could release/sell the high earners now after a stable season. Instead we're shitting ourselves about another relegation and Hughton is still here because Ashley has done naff all since we went down and he doesn't complain, not because of some fucking masterplan.

Ridicule away.

What is the point of talking about hiring Martin O'Neill in a thread about Ashley? In which alternate universe would MON come here under the Ashley regime? What is it about Ashley or MON that would even remotely lead you to think that might happen?

Even then we wouldn't have been relegated if he got one of the 5000 better than Kinnear, wouldn't have lost 40m in TV money and could release/sell the high earners now after a stable season. Instead we're shitting ourselves about another relegation and Hughton is still here because Ashley has done naff all since we went down and he doesn't complain, not because of some f***ing masterplan.

Ridicule away.

We kinda had that with fat sam but kinda messed it up by giving him pots of cash which he fucked up.

We had an alright manager in Keegan as well only the board did manage to fuck that up, like i said my main critiscm is the largely held view that the most important thing a board should do is spend money, it isnt, it's to appoint the right man.

Not spending money in January isnt what got us relegated, it was having that fucking loon in charge yet you read it over and over again that it was Ashleys lack of expenditure that get us binned. It's horseshit.

The thing is that its bound to get twisted, I'm not saying we should spend no money and keep our powder dry until we're debt free, what im saying is that spending money isn;t the definitive affirmative answer on making the club successful, I'm just sick of hearing this "signing Ben /arfa/2 is the difference between getting us relegated and finsinihing mid table. /thats bullshit, and no ones pointing it out, if we signed Ben arfa and had Jim smith in charge we'd still be relegated.

Ridicule away.

What is the point of talking about hiring Martin O'Neill in a thread about Ashley? In which alternate universe would MON come here under the Ashley regime? What is it about Ashley or MON that would even remotely lead you to think that might happen?

Ok, a lot of people missing the point, the point being that id rather have a compentent manger at the club than a world class player, becasue one near enough guarantuees relative success the other doesnt. The analogy i gave was symbolic of the attitudes people have towards transfer i.e they guratee sucess, they dont.

Those two positions aren't contradictory though.

Of course not, they're the position of someone who will just sit back and accept whatever happens to the club without complaining (except to put down and complain about other people who have an issue with the way the club is run) or without doing anything about it (except to eventually lose interest and find other things to spend their money on).

Every year we carry on with the way Ashley is running the club we lose some of the existing supporter base, and we fail to attract new youngsters picking their team. Every year revenues will fall relative to the competition, we will lose the financial advantage we have built up, and it will become harder and harder to get back to where we were even if we manage to scrape by and avoid relegation each year.

I believe we should wait until the transfer window closes before whinging because the club has a track record of pulling deals out of their arse which no one, press nor fans, knew about.

After that I plan to be indulging in some world class moaning though, believe you me.

Ridicule away.

We kinda had that with fat sam but kinda messed it up by giving him pots of cash which he f***ed up.

We had an alright manager in Keegan as well only the board did manage to f*** that up, like i said my main critiscm is the largely held view that the most important thing a board should do is spend money, it isnt, it's to appoint the right man.

Not spending money in January isnt what got us relegated, it was having that f***ing loon in charge yet you read it over and over again that it was Ashleys lack of expenditure that get us binned. It's horseshit.

The thing is that its bound to get twisted, I'm not saying we should spend no money and keep our powder dry until we're debt free, what im saying is that spending money isn;t the definitive affirmative answer on making the club successful, I'm just sick of hearing this "signing Ben /arfa/2 is the difference between getting us relegated and finsinihing mid table. /thats bullshit, and no ones pointing it out, if we signed Ben arfa and had Jim smith in charge we'd still be relegated.

All very good points.

I believe we should wait until the transfer window closes before whinging because the club has a track record of pulling deals out of their arse which no one, press nor fans, knew about.

After that I plan to be indulging in some world class moaning though, believe you me.

such as?

such as?

Gutierrez, Xisco, Routledge, Best, Williamson etc.

We manage to get a lot of things done on the hush nowadays.

Guest neesy111

such as?

but why are we waiting until the end of the transfer window, after 3 games have been played, we all know it'll come down to 1 or 2 points, and you've wasted 3 games of the season to bed in your new signings!

this club will never ever learn from it's previous mistakes under this regime

such as?

but why are we waiting until the end of the transfer window, after 3 games have been played, we all know it'll come down to 1 or 2 points, and you've wasted 3 games of the season to bed in your new signings!

this club will never ever learn from it's previous mistakes under this regime

It's not really a Newcastle thing, it's just the way the market works nowadays because of the transfer window. It's a sellers game.