Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

Who really gives a fuck anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" fuck off man.

If we're being honest we've gone down to a number of factors Ashely's mistakes being one of the most, if not the most significant. Everyone knows his mistakes so I'm not going to post them for the umpteenth time. So what, did Ashley tell the players to bend over and accept one win in their last twelve? Did he tell Shepherd to run the club into the ground financially? Did he tell the fans to protest and scare any half decent manager with a brian cell off? Did he wish a curse on the club so we were absolutely luckless for large parts of the season?

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors at the end of the day. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its fucking pathetic and it's going to acheive fuck all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, fucking cretins.

I should have said that.

I'm out of this thread, nothing to be gained here.

Yup, grabbing the first escape you can with your tail between your legs...

Tiny tail at that.

Guest elbee909

It doesn't make sense to consider the situation we were in before Ashley took over?

He didn't take a top 4 side and turn them into shit, this has been a slow death that started under Shepherd. But yes, Ashley has failed, I've never argued otherwise.

Me neither, but according to HTL there were 'people' who said it was impossible to have a worse board than the previous one.  I may be wrong but I think the crux of this rests upon one throwaway remark by one poster.  Oh, but we're all the same, aren't we, those that disagree with HTL.

The only thing that makes me feel better about relegation is people like him sat on their fucking high horse having to go through it as well.  'Cheers'.

Shite post. Nowt's changed there. You must be gutted, seeing as your team couldn't even win the scotch league.

More gutted than you it'd seem, yeah.  Carry on, you're making me feel better knowing your team's been relegated too.  Hoho!

It doesn't make sense to consider the situation we were in before Ashley took over?

He didn't take a top 4 side and turn them into shit, this has been a slow death that started under Shepherd. But yes, Ashley has failed, I've never argued otherwise.

Me neither, but according to HTL there were 'people' who said it was impossible to have a worse board than the previous one.  I may be wrong but I think the crux of this rests upon one throwaway remark by one poster.  Oh, but we're all the same, aren't we, those that disagree with HTL.

The only thing that makes me feel better about relegation is people like him sat on their fucking high horse having to go through it as well.  'Cheers'.

Shite post. Nowt's changed there. You must be gutted, seeing as your team couldn't even win the scotch league.

More gutted than you it'd seem, yeah.

A team that can't win a two team league..................Now that is bad.

More gutted than you it'd seem, yeah.  Carry on, you're making me feel better knowing your team's been relegated too.  Hoho!

I have to tell you that I don't give a shite what you think. Run off back to your igloo, or wherever it is you come from.

I have to tell you that I don't give a shite what you think. Run off back to your igloo, or wherever it is you come from.

:mackems:

Guest Darth Toon

But can you not see where he was coming from?

Newcastle had a recent history full of record-breaking transfer fees wasted on sub-standard players. The spending worked at the beginning of the Shepherd era, but by the end it had us well and truly in the shit.

I know Ashley cut spending too much, there's no arguing about that. Some people seem to think I love Ashley, all I'm saying is that I can understand some of his motives - and they aren't as evil as is suggested.

You are a cunt.

Seriously, not even a little bit of a one, but a massive one. Some of the shite you spout beggars belief. Fuck off. Please.

Guest westamfan

Ashley invested in players and paid good money on wages.

Just so happens that every player apart from Bassong signed turned into a massive flop.

Going down in a way can be good. Mark Viduka/Alan Smith/Joey Barton/Damian Duff....the wages those guys take home...going down is great for seeing players true value outside the insane pressures of the Premiership.

But can you not see where he was coming from?

Newcastle had a recent history full of record-breaking transfer fees wasted on sub-standard players. The spending worked at the beginning of the Shepherd era, but by the end it had us well and truly in the shit.

I know Ashley cut spending too much, there's no arguing about that. Some people seem to think I love Ashley, all I'm saying is that I can understand some of his motives - and they aren't as evil as is suggested.

You are a cunt.

Seriously, not even a little bit of a one, but a massive one. Some of the shite you spout beggars belief. Fuck off. Please.

I don't blame you for being pissed off mate, I really don't. I feel the same, I'm gutted.

But that's out of order, have a word... nothing I've posted deserves that kind of abuse.

Ashley invested in players and paid good money on wages.

Just so happens that every player apart from Bassong signed turned into a massive flop.

Going down in a way can be good. Mark Viduka/Alan Smith/Joey Barton/Damian Duff....the wages those guys take home...going down is great for seeing players true value outside the insane pressures of the Premiership.

Ashley invested in some players but he let more go. That meant we had a smaller squad with a bigger wage bill which puts pay to the lies he was more 'finanically sound' that Shepherd as not only was he willing to risk our Premiership status but he was willing to do it while throwing cash at some utter shite.

Your last point is wank too. Relegation doesn't make those assets any more saleable, we could've got rid if we'd stayed in the Premiership. The only difference is if we were up we could keep them with no major financial implications, now we have to try and get rid to save cash.

Hilarious that some people still defend him. :lol:

Johnny Giles summed it up very well on the Premiership talking about the job Ashley has done here. "He's done as bad a job as it was realistically possible to do running the club".

Summed it up quite well.

Fact is Ashley is a cockney market trader who got lucky by spotting a market for cheap sports goods. He expanded his crappy little market stall into some shops at a time the overall economy was on the up and has done well from it. Good luck to the bloke, I've no problem with it. For him to think this fluke somehow translates to him being able to run a football club is as arrogant as it gets. He's tried to run a Premier League football club in the same way as his cut-price business and the result was predictable.

The worst is yet to come.

Fact is Ashley is a cockney market trader who got lucky by spotting a market for cheap sports goods. He expanded his crappy little market stall into some shops at a time the overall economy was on the up and has done well from it. Good luck to the bloke, I've no problem with it. For him to think this fluke somehow translates to him being able to run a football club is as arrogant as it gets. He's tried to run a Premier League football club in the same way as his cut-price business and the result was predictable.

The worst is yet to come.

:kasper:

Who really gives a f*** anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" f*** off man.

If we're being honest we've gone down to a number of factors Ashely's mistakes being one of the most, if not the most significant. Everyone knows his mistakes so I'm not going to post them for the umpteenth time. So what, did Ashley tell the players to bend over and accept one win in their last twelve? Did he tell Shepherd to run the club into the ground financially? Did he tell the fans to protest and scare any half decent manager with a brian cell off? Did he wish a curse on the club so we were absolutely luckless for large parts of the season?

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors have contributed too. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its f***ing pathetic and it's going to acheive f*** all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, f***ing cretins.

Other factors?

They should hire you to spin the banking crisis.

Twerp.

For fucks sake man grow up. Read my post I've accepted Ashley and the board should take most of the blame which is why you're in this thread point scoring right?

But to say the influence of Shepherd, Keegan, the fans and the players had nothing to do with it at all just proves the fact your on a relentlessly boring crusade. We're down accept it, all the finger pointing in the world isn't going to change it. We just need to move on and hope those at fault grow and learn from them.

I thought it was nigh on impossible to have a worse board than the previous one but I was wrong.

I do think there are a lot of people on here who seem eager to place the blame anywhere but at the door of the incumbent board when it's painfully obvious that they have done so much damage to this club that it's obscene.

It's not black and white, there are loads of factors that have lead to the downfall of the club but Ashley and his pals need to shoulder a fucking huge amount of it.

Spot on.

I think there's a lot of people on here trying to point out that Ashley is not solely responsible, he took over an ailing club. There's also one or two who are still prepared to give him a chance, even if they occasionally shiver in trepidation at the thought. Just as there's quite a few who blame Ashley for the whole shebang.

The only thing that can be said wihout fear of contradiction is that it is impossible to isolate any one factor as the root of the problems. No aspect of life works like that, everything is holisitic.

(Though I'll have a stab at it, the day we floated on the stock exchange!)

Who really gives a f*** anymore, "Oo we got relegated under Ashley, I was spot on me" f*** off man.

Everyone knows Ashely has made major mistakes which have led us on a downward spiral but other factors have contributed too. But all this thread is for is to say "I told you so" to anyone who had an ounce of hope when Ashley first took over, its f***ing pathetic and it's going to acheive f*** all, but I suppose you right so congratulations, hope you feel good about yourself, f***ing cretins.

Other factors?

Twerp.

For fucks sake man grow up. Read my post I've accepted Ashley and the board should take most of the blame which is why you're in this thread point scoring right?

But to say the influence of Shepherd, Keegan, the fans and the players had nothing to do with it at all just proves the fact your on a relentlessly boring crusade. We're down accept it, all the finger pointing in the world isn't going to change it. We just need to move on and hope those at fault grow and learn from them.

98% Ashley's fault.

I think there's a lot of people on here trying to point out that Ashley is not solely responsible, he took over an ailing club. There's also one or two who are still prepared to give him a chance, even if they occasionally shiver in trepidation at the thought. Just as there's quite a few who blame Ashley for the whole shebang.

The only thing that can be said wihout fear of contradiction is that it is impossible to isolate any one factor as the root of the problems. No aspect of life works like that, everything is holisitic.

(Though I'll have a stab at it, the day we floated on the stock exchange!)

Ashley fucked up the club. We won't get straight back up cause the current owners don't have the first idea and it will be a miracle if AS decides to stay.

Other factors?

Twerp.

jesus prophet,...so wrong,.. and yet so unhumbled