Any Ashley apologists on here?

Big Geordie

Just wondered if there are still any of the pro-Ashley brigade on here and if so, what are the reasons for their stance?

Abnormal genes.

Nobody (who has the actual cash to do so) wants to buy NUFC so for better or worse we are stuck with Mike Ashley.

how can people want to buy Blackburn and not us?

Because with one of those options £300 million not only buys you a football club it also allows you to invest at least £100 million in the squad. Whereas with the other option £300 million only buys you a football club and pays off the debt owed to the owner.

Nobody (who has the actual cash to do so) wants to buy NUFC so for better or worse we are stuck with Mike Ashley.

how can people want to buy Blackburn and not us?

Maybe the reason an Indian businessman is interested in buying Blackburn has something to do with Blackburn's large Asian population? I'll believe the purchase when it happens. Look at Liverpool. Two weeks ago the Chinese government was buying Liverpool FC. What's happening now? It reminds me of when we supposedly had South African, American, Middle East, Far East and Nigerian consortium trying to buy us.

Guest BooBoo

There is still time for the fat one to make this work, tho i do think he missed a trick off the back of the promotion.

He's a fucking thick bastard, he really is. A couple of moderate level signings quickly following promotion would have guranteed a good deal more season tickets being sold and some excited momentum and hope. Instead the summer has been more like a slow puncture with optimism gradually seeping out the closer we get to 1st September.

Everyones an expert on how to run a club. I cant believe so many seemingly 'sensible' people seemingly fail to understand the singular importance of having the right man running the team, which in my opinion isnt Hughton.

How much you spend on the team pales in significances in comparison to having the right man in charge.

The lack of transfer cash is a fair stick to beat Ashley with, potentially missing out on Ben Arfa will add another few inches to the stick (and rightly so), but the way it gets harped out and overplayed every transfer window is boring.

My philosophy of what we should be doing is basically this, I'd rather have someone like Martin O'Neill at the club than Lionel Messi. Ive opened myself up to absolute ridicule and fully expect to be riduculed but it does make perfect sense.

There is still time for the fat one to make this work, tho i do think he missed a trick off the back of the promotion.

He's a fucking thick bastard, he really is. A couple of moderate level signings quickly following promotion would have guranteed a good deal more season tickets being sold and some excited momentum and hope. Instead the summer has been more like a slow puncture with optimism gradually seeping out the closer we get to 1st September.

Might not be the worst thing to happen, continually dampen expectations and let the fans assume the worst from the off (i.e. relegation), then anything else becomes a bonus and something that is an achievement. Canny PR in the long-run, definitely got the balls to ride out the wave of misery at September 1st.

We saw how the 'buy players - increase optimism' trick worked under the last owners...

PS: Those who live in glass houses...

Guest JamesyJazz

Just wondered if there are still any of the pro-Ashley brigade on here and if so, what are the reasons for their stance?

Abnormal genes.

Like those twisted Levis?

Ashley took over the club without really knowing what he was getting into. Unfortunately, a sudden, coup-style takeover was the only way of getting rid of Shepherd. He had to hit the ground running, and has spent the first two years learning from his mistakes. That's par for the course for anyone in a completely new job.

I think the new regime now has a proper strategy in place, and by some outrageous fluke, we now have a very good manager in charge. We all wish that there was more money being spent on players, but lots of clubs are now in the same boat. Let's wait and see what the squad's like on September 1st.

I kinda feel sorry for Ashley I mean most of his intentions are for a good cause. No one will get his kind of folk who use to watch the game with the fans. He also heard them as well by hiring Keegan it didn't work well. The outcry after that really hurt us. it is still huring us as he no longer gives us 20 million of his money every year. That was his orginal promise. I still think we are lucky to have him here instead of some crazy people in football. I don't know when but one day in the future we will be happy about our club.

Guest neesy111

Quite simply the club has no ambition whatsoever, nor does the owner or anyone at a non-footballing level seem to have a clue about what is required for the club to compete in the premiership!

There are a lot of people who seem genuinely surprised that Ashley is not spending on the team.

I would be astounded if he did.

I think the hatred is obviously mutual now as it is perfectly clear he is not wanted, FCB chants, rapist banners etc.

What is his motivation therefore to sustain the source of this hatred that so patently rejects him?

His tenure has been littered with bad choices but anyone expecting him to spend in order to salvage anything of this relationship are well wide of the mark IMO.

He couldnt care less now would be my guess as to his mindset.

I on the other hand love the club and if I was rich I would spend my fortune Jack Walker style on the team.

Its a shame im skint and he is the Billionaire.

Everyones an expert on how to run a club. I cant believe so many seemingly 'sensible' people seemingly fail to understand the singular importance of having the right man running the team, which in my opinion isnt Hughton.

How much you spend on the team pales in significances in comparison to having the right man in charge.

True, but you need to spend something to attract the right man.

Even then we wouldn't have been relegated if he got one of the 5000 better than Kinnear, wouldn't have lost 40m in TV money and could release/sell the high earners now after a stable season. Instead we're shitting ourselves about another relegation and Hughton is still here because Ashley has done naff all since we went down and he doesn't complain, not because of some fucking masterplan.

If Ashley has some sort of masterplan to rebuild the club, then I'd love to know what the hell it is. He just seems intent on letting us run on petrol fumes and hope that we stay up, whilst raking in the TV/sponsorship/season ticket/merchandising cash.

Another thing I don't understand, were his motives on letting Hughton bring in Williamson, Routledge and Best. Why spend cash in January, only to practically spend nout in the summer bar the minimal amount on Perch?

Guest BooBoo

If Ashley has some sort of masterplan to rebuild the club, then I'd love to know what the hell it is. He just seems intent on letting us run on petrol fumes and hope that we stay up, whilst raking in the TV/sponsorship/season ticket/merchandising cash.

Another thing I don't understand, were his motives on letting Hughton bring in Williamson, Routledge and Best. Why spend cash in January, only to practically spend nout in the summer bar the minimal amount on Perch?

He probably made it known to Hughton that any cash he spent in January would be deducted from the already tiny summer spending pot.

I'm not going to let vitriol and seething hatred spoil my sunny disposition.  So if I don't advocate the shooting of Mike Ashley into the sun please don't mistake that as some kind of implicit agreement with his stance/position/decisions/being an apologist.  Utterly cannot stand people who break everything down into ridiculous dichotomies like that.

The lack of transfer cash is a fair stick to beat Ashley with, potentially missing out on Ben Arfa will add another few inches to the stick (and rightly so), but the way it gets harped out and overplayed every transfer window is boring.

My philosophy of what we should be doing is basically this, I'd rather have someone like Martin O'Neill at the club than Lionel Messi. Ive opened myself up to absolute ridicule and fully expect to be riduculed but it does make perfect sense.

To be fair, you deserve ridicule. You've defended this inept moron ever since he proved that he was one, and now you continue to do so. Martin O'Neill got Aston Villa to where it was by spending a load of money. He walked when some of his players had to be sold. How the hell do you think someone like Ashley, with a tradition of selling players behind the manager's back without even putting the money back in the club, is going to attract O'Neill? How the hell is Ashley going to attract any manager if he continues not supporting them -- and even sacking the more successful among them, like you suggest? Only a no-name manager like Hughton, or someone who's been out of a job for years, like Kinnear, will work for that man.

You're a fucking idiot, man.

I think he did care at one time but was just inept.

I believe he doesnt give a fuck anymore, just wanted us in the premier league to make us more of a saleable asset.

I bet we wont see any money now.

Guest TheGreatNUFCSwindle

Im willing to apologise for Ashley ...apologise for the fat  greedy bastard being so useless :  )

To be fair, you deserve ridicule. You've defended this inept moron ever since he proved that he was one, and now you continue to do so. Martin O'Neill got Aston Villa to where it was by spending a load of money. He walked when some of his players had to be sold. How the hell do you think someone like Ashley, with a tradition of selling players behind the manager's back without even putting the money back in the club, is going to attract O'Neill? How the hell is Ashley going to attract any manager if he continues not supporting them -- and even sacking the more successful among them, like you suggest? Only a no-name manager like Hughton, or someone who's been out of a job for years, like Kinnear, will work for that man.

You're a f***ing idiot, man.

:lol: :lol:

All this chat about how shit Ashley is is getting a bit tiring... it's happening simultaneously in about 4 or 5 threads.

Let's just wait until the transfer window closes and/or we've actually played some games before we have a debate about whether he's more or less shit than he was a month ago.

All this chat about how s*** Ashley is is getting a bit tiring... it's happening simultaneously in about 4 or 5 threads.

Let's just wait until the transfer window closes and/or we've actually played some games before we have a debate about whether he's more or less s*** than he was a month ago.

Hear bloody hear!