Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Before we got relegated, he was terrible in my opinion. I think his worst performance ever in a Newcastle shirt was the game at home against Porstmouth where we got thrashed. But his performance got better last season, and from what Ive seen this season, he is playing pretty well alongside Mike Williamson which is great because we still have Campbell and Taylor to fall back on if we need to.

Before we got relegated, he was terrible in my opinion. I think his worst performance ever in a Newcastle shirt was the game at home against Porstmouth where we got thrashed. But his performance got better last season, and from what Ive seen this season, he is playing pretty well alongside Mike Williamson which is great because we still have Campbell and Taylor to fall back on if we need to.

The 1-4?  Coloccini wasn't even playing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7065165.stm

The only home game he could have played against Portsmouth, we drew 0-0.

I think 'pretty well' is a bit of an understatement. I'd long since advocated dropping him this season and playing Williamson and Sol as I didn't think he'd be able to handle pace (not so worried about strength / heading, his positional sense is normally very good to deal with this) and although I was still concerned after the Manc game, he has been a rock since and having watched him absolutely dominate Anelka in the first half and until substituted at Stamford Bridge I think whilst early days if he carries on as he's started he'll be our number 1 CB and one of our most important players. People were saying it was Tiote going to RB that saw Chelsea pull back into the game and to some degree I would agree, however the fact that he had Anelka in his pocket and after he went off Anelka ripped us to shreds for 20 minutes shouldn't go unnoticed.

The 1-4?  Coloccini wasn't even playing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7065165.stm

Hm. I think i got the wrong guy. Thanks for pointing that out. But again, my previous sentence where I said he was terrible before we got relegated remains the same.

Your thinking of Cacapa (Ones white with long fuzzy hair, the other black and bald).

Cacapa was at fault for 3 goals in 3 minutes that day and was taken off after 11 minutes if I recall correctly, a Fat Sam masterclass.

To be fair to Cacapa didn't he pretty much sever his hamstring in the first minute? :lol:

To be fair to Caçapa he was a fucking mess that day. With or without a hamstring. :lol:

Your thinking of Cacapa (Ones white with long fuzzy hair, the other black and bald).

Cacapa was at fault for 3 goals in 3 minutes that day and was taken off after 11 minutes if I recall correctly, a Fat Sam masterclass.

To be fair to Cacapa didn't he pretty much sever his hamstring in the first minute? :lol:

Cannot remember to be honest mate, I just remember thinking "we can win this game" after 8 minutes, and then "what the f*** has just happened?" 3 minutes later :lol:

I love reading old posts in threads like this

Worse than Boumsong!

Guttless, talentless, clueless mop-haired fuckwit! Here's hoping i'll never have to see him polute one of our team shirts again.

awful

worse than boumsong, as boumsong actually did look good at times, coloccini hasn't and has been to blame for 8-10 goals this season at least

can't head, can't pass, can't tackle

good riddance

How everything can change in just 1 year.

I agree with what has been said by others, He is one of my favourites at the club right now (and always has been if i am honest as i used to sign him in Football Manager 2000 or whatever it was) because he was Mustard!

Cannot remember to be honest mate, I just remember thinking "we can win this game" after 8 minutes, and then "what the f*** has just happened?" 3 minutes later :lol:

I thought the same. I'm sure a day or two after the game Fat Sam said he injured himself in the warm up/very early on but he wanted to play so he fucking let him :lol:

A lot of posters on here thought the same about Enrique. We all get it wrong sometimes. I always thought Enrique could be a good player, even when he was giving the ball away every other pass. Colo i wasn't that sure about, did well last season but the one before was haunting me a bit. He's playing clever this year though. Doesn't try to get involved in the brawn much, playing it smart instead. Very good 1st touch and composed on the ball, always good to have a CB who can play the ball out.

This has given me an idea....

Guest firetotheworks

I often get annoyed with people centring their opinions around Ronaldo's, but on this occasion I'll make an exception. Tip of the hat for never even doubting him tbh.