Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it fair to say he is definitely a first season settler yet? The depor fans loved him but thought he was dodgy first season. He didn't have the best first season for us but since the start of last season he has been brilliant for the majority.

Is it fair to say he is definitely a first season settler yet? The depor fans loved him but thought he was dodgy first season. He didn't have the best first season for us but since the start of last season he has been brilliant for the majority.

He wasn't as bad as people made out during his first season, at least relatively to how the team played.

In his first season he played well in patches with the odd mare thrown in. It wasn't the horror show everyone will have you believe, nor was it the breathtaking spectacle that Ronaldo would have you believe either.

Always said he was a scapegoat for a lot of people, blamed for everything wether he was involved or not.  Had a poor season but nowhere near as bad as most people claimed.  I also had a bet with someone early in our Championship season that he'd be a top performer and that if he was still with us in the Premiership he'd be a good player.

He wasn't better than Bassong

Bassong was immense considering we were relegated. So happy he's gotten shit now, since he left us. Him, Beye, Owen I can only laugh at them, which I wouldn't had hoped for since I actually liked Beye and Bassong a lot!

He hasn't gotten shit, he was just never that good in the first place. In that season, Bassong was the charger, Colo was the sweeper, which meant it was often Bassong seen doing the bare minimum defensive job that you'd expect from any PL defender and therefore getting the praise for it. However he went to ground way too easily, and the penalties he gave away were a major contributor towards our relegation.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Williamson is really average, can't wait to see him on the bench.

Unfair. He's looked very comfortable in this division, which I didn't really predict.

Unfair. He's looked very comfortable in this division, which I didn't really predict.

Williamson is no frills. He fits in well amongst other good defenders and a well drilled defensive unit. However I'm yet to be convinced that he could perform the role of a leading defender. In that sense he is a lot like one of those British defenders Robson had in our CL team, most of whom had downward careers since Robson left us.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Williamson is no frills. He fits in well amongst other good defenders and a well drilled defensive unit. However I'm yet to be convinced that he could perform the role of a leading defender. In that sense he is a lot like one of those British defenders Robson had in our CL team, most of whom had downward careers since Robson left us.

I could understand that point, and agree to an extent.

For us, at this moment in time, he's comfortable and solid in his role.