Championship Players

Dan Gleebals

OK, time to start playing Championship Manager

Leaving: Owen, Martins, Viduka, Barton, Gutierrez, Colo, Beye, Enrique, Geremi, Xisco, Harper, Cacapa, Lovenkrands, Bassong

So that leaves, of all the players who have actually played in a particular position professional football at this level or higher:

Goalkeepers: Krul

Left backs: Duff, R. Taylor

Right backs: R. Taylor, S. Taylor, Edgar

Centre backs: S. Taylor, Edgar.

Right Wing: Taylor, Duff, Lua Lua, Guthrie

Left Wing: Duff

Central Midfield: Butt, Nolan, Guthrie

Strikers: Ameobi, Carroll, Duff

So from somewhere, we need to find two goalkeepers, one left back, one right back, two centre backs, one right winger, one left winger, one central midfielder, and two strikers.

So we need 11 players.

Now looking at the youth team, judging from reports of others some youngsters could make a better impression on our squad (in bold), than others (in italic).

GK: Forster, Soderberg

RB: Tavernier

LB: Kadar

CB: Kadar, Tozer

CM: Inman, Vukic

CF: Ranger, Baheng

So basically, there is a chance that we've got goalkeeping and left backs under control, and we've probably got ourselves a fouth choice centre half.

So we need one right back, one centre backs, one right winger, one left winger, one central midfielder, and two strikers. Seven players.

Now it might be a big ask, but the best two players we could get on loan are Jack Wilshere, and Chris Gunter. That would be us sorted at right back and central midfield.

So we need to purchase five players. The money raised from transfers should get spent, and the three people to spend it on should be Daniel Fox, Jermaine Beckford, and Stephen Hunt. Duff is now a left back, unless Kadar proves himself. Two more players are needed out of the bargain basement, they should be Nobby Solano, and Kevin Phillips.

None of the above will happen.

Fraser Forster is 21, he's not a youth team player and has been a full time pro for a few years now.

In my mind a youth team player is someone who hasn't yet played for NUFC or any other team at Chamionship level or higher.

Vitalfooball seems to think this is our transfer target list:

1. Gary Cahill (Bolton Wanderers)

2. David Wheater (Middlesbrough)

3. Kyle Naughton (Sheffield United)

4. Daniel Fox (Coventry City)

5. Emiliano Insua (Liverpool)

6. John-Joe O'Toole (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

7. Miroslav Stoch (Chelsea FC)

8. Andrew Driver (Hearts)

9. Stephen Hunt(Reading)

10. Kevin Doyle (Reading)

11. Jordi Gomez (Swansea City)

12. Simon Cox (Swindon Town)

13. Colin Nash (Kilmarnock)

14. Fabien Delph (Leeds United)

Why one earth would Cahill, O'Toole and probably Insua come to us if they are playing in the Prem?

I realise this is vitalfootball and they have an awful reputation or transfers

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=155594

I'm not sure why everyone is going on about Beckford. It is undoubted the lad has talent and an eye for goal but we could do so much better even at that level. His conduct is poor, he'd of pissed the golden boot this year is he hadn't of been sent off so many times. Also he has the first touch reminiscent to that of Freddie Kruger.

I'd be looking at  the likes of Noel Hunt, Keving Doyle, Ross McCormack, Jason Scotland, Luciano Beccio or even Simon Cox before I looked at Beckford.

Aren't Hunt and Becchio midfielders?

I dunno, we could just do with someone cheap who scores goals at the lower levels and is doing so right now rather than in the past. He'd do for me.

I really need to start playing FM again.

was just thinking similar, scary how out of touch i am now with the lower leagues focusing on the PL and (cough) Europe for years, plus living away doesn't help

haven't a scooby who's a decent shout down there

Aren't Hunt and Becchio midfielders?

I dunno, we could just do with someone cheap who scores goals at the lower levels and is doing so right now rather than in the past. He'd do for me.

Becchio is a striker.

Guest gggg

Beccio scored 16 goals in league one, how many would he get in the championship? I wouldnt sign anyone from that league unless they're pushing 30 and even then (Billy Sharp) it's a risk.

Guest gggg

Craig Mackail-Smith: 23 in 43 (3)

Aaron Mclean: 18 in 39 (3)

Simon Cox: 29 in 45

Matt Fryatt: 27 in 46

Rickie Lambert: 29 in 42 (3)

Jermaine Beckford: 27 in 34 (2)

Luciano Becchio: 16 in 42 (5)

Not sure if he has been mentioned, he is not a Championship player but according to Sky Sports News Daniel Sturridge is not signing a new contract with Man City this season so will be available for free. He'd be worth a punt, has always looked useful when I have seen him. He is young and will be hungry to prove himself, this is the type of player we need. Whether he would see the Championship as too much of a step down is another matter.

Exactly the type of player who got us into this situation in the first place. Apparantly turned down 60k a week at city

If he turned down a new contract because he wanted a fortune then I want to stay well clear, but who knows maybe its because he wants 1st team football. When did we last sign a youngster with potential, usually we buy has beens such as Duff, Smith, Butt, Viduka etc

Craig Mackail-Smith: 23 in 43 (3)

Aaron Mclean: 18 in 39 (3)

Simon Cox: 29 in 45

Matt Fryatt: 27 in 46

Rickie Lambert: 29 in 42 (3)

Jermaine Beckford: 27 in 34 (2)

Luciano Becchio: 16 in 42 (5)

Gary Hooper: 28 in 51

What's the comment about Billy Sharp about? Stick him in the right team and he'd easily get 15-20 goals in the CCC.

Fraser Forster is 21, he's not a youth team player and has been a full time pro for a few years now.

In my mind a youth team player is someone who hasn't yet played for NUFC or any other team at Chamionship level or higher.

So if we signed a 33 year old from League 1 who had never played at a higher standard he would be a youth team player  until he forces his way into the side?

Ok.

To me a youth team player is someone who is eligible to play for the Academy and has not yet featured for NUFC or another team at the same level or higher.

Guest gggg

What's the comment about Billy Sharp about? Stick him in the right team and he'd easily get 15-20 goals in the CCC.

Based on what? Sheff Utd have played about 10 strikers ahead of him and i think only Beattie got near 20 goals. His record in the championship is 8 in 53.