Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Saying on SSN, the local press guys reckon he knocked back Newcastle contracts twice and was holding out for a better deal elsewhere. Hmmm

I couldn't give two fucks quite frankly.

To be honest, who the fuck wouldn't wait for a better deal? he played a handful of games for us and is he supposed to be loyal forever at a cheap rate?  I'd rather have a pop at Shearer if he expects big wages for managing us given that he is loyal and local and a millionaire already.

Football is a job, and he is doing what any of us would do by seeing if he can secure better paid work.

Saying on SSN, the local press guys reckon he knocked back Newcastle contracts twice and was holding out for a better deal elsewhere. Hmmm

I couldn't give two f***s quite frankly.

I know, me either. I'm just wondering what changed, we wouldn't have offered him more wages.

You mean from when we let him go?  I'm sure we only let him go because Ashley wasn't prepared to offer any players new contracts at that stage and Lovenkrands wasn't prepared to sit around on no wages and wait until he was.

Breaking News: United Rekindle Lov Affair

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United have completed the re-signing of Danish striker Peter Lovenkrands on a three-year deal.

The 29-year-old, a free agent since May, returns to the club having spent the second half of last season at St.James' Park.

In that time Lovenkrands became something of a fans' favourite among the Toon Army as he netted three times from 12 outings.

The former Rangers and Schalke forward will wear the No.11 jersey for the black and whites and is in line to make his debut when the Geordies travel to Cardiff City on September 13.

Such was Lovenkrands' instant popularity on Tyneside that, during his full debut at West Brom in February, fans chanted "Signed on a free from Germany, Peter Lovenkrands" long after the full-time whistle having watched him net during a 3-2 victory.

He was again on target in the 2-1 home defeat against Manchester United before notching during the 3-0 win over Middlesbrough in May

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1784541,00.html

Wonder what number he'll get, the famous number 24 has gone.

Probably 11.

Great prediction.

I like this signing, his pace alone is what I am looking forward to having. I'd like to think he can dominate this league with his pace, hell get some great shouts on goal from that alone. Hopefully he burries them and doesn't waste an opportunity ala Everton.

3 year deal was prob the main reason he signed. He wanted some future assurances as to having a club, and this is exactly what he got - He'll give it his all and will be a major upgrade over Xisco.

Guest The_Scoreboard

chuffed to f*ck, he'll score more goals than chopra at cardiff. who cares if he waited for better offers, he's ours now :clap2:

Im shocked that no Premiership clubs wanting him.

Me too.  Their loss is our gain, he will defo be a big player for us in this league.  He was causing Prem teams problems with his movement and pace and eye for goal, should be even better in the Championship.