Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

I am happy with this but would have liked a few more bods in, looks like we'll have to go with what we've got and blood the kids more.  Dont expect anything in January unless we get sold.  Unlikely.

:lol: what a mess of an article

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/01/lovenkrands-i-m-delighted-to-be-back-in-toon-72703-24584322/

Lovenkrands: I'm delighted to be back in Toon

Sep 1 2009 By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

PETER LOVENKRANDS has revealed his delight at returning to Newcastle United after completing a deadline day move to St James's Park.

PETER LOVENKRANDS has revealed his delight at returning to Newcastle United after completing a deadline day move to St James's Park.

The Chronicle revealed on August 18 that United were keen to bring back the Dane and his arrival comes at a crucial time for Newcastle with Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll injured.

The Chronicle revealed on August 18 that United were keen to bring back the Dane and his arrival comes at a crucial time for Newcastle with Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll injured.

Lovenkrands said tonight after signing a three year contract: "I'm really pleased to be back at Newcastle.

Lovenkrands said tonight after signing a three year contract: "I'm really pleased to be back at Newcastle.

"My aim is to help the club get back up but it's great to be back with the team.

"My aim is to help the club get back up but it's great to be back with the team.

"The move had family reasons around it as well and now I just want to play my part."

"The move had family reasons around it as well and now I just want to play my part."

For more reaction to Lovenkrands' return to Tyneside see tomorrow night's Chronicle.

For more reaction to Lovenkrands' return to Tyneside see tomorrow night's Chronicle.

or so good they had to say it twice!

Good signing. There'll be a good few saturday nights where we'll complain about the game passing him by but he'll defintely get goals. He'll also offer much needed penetration and somewhat intelligent movement alongside the brawn of Ameobi/Carroll/Ranger.

:lol: what a mess of an article

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/01/lovenkrands-i-m-delighted-to-be-back-in-toon-72703-24584322/

or so good they had to say it twice!

One's from when he signed now, the other from when we signed him in January :nods:

Should hopefully piss this league, if he actually bothers to turn up. Always struck me as a "big game" player when he was at Rangers, i.e. only really turned up for the big games (Old Firm derby etc) but all too frequently he'd struggle in less important matches...and in the Championship, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of believing that "lesser" teams will be a walkover. I welcome his signing, he's a canny player alright, but I'm not awestruck by his signing like others on here seem to be.

So you're saying Lovenkrands only played well two games a season in Scotland? (Or three/four - i honestly don't know how it works in Scotland; but you can see the hilarious joke i am making here; Scotland is shit, etc).

they've changed it now.

Add a comment

Recommend

United can still sign "emergency" loan deals until the end of November meaning there is still a chance to sign defender Craig Cathart from Manchester United on a temporary basis despite the closure of the transfer window.

? How can we still sign Cathart? I don't understand that bit.

Considering we could have made this signing at any time we liked, I think it's highly suspicious we decided to announce this so close to the deadline.

They really do think we're as fucking thick as they are.

Ashley trying to save as much as possible in wages?

Not only that, but making it look like we 'signed someone' on deadline day.

are you not just nitpicking a little now? they are bigger things to be pissed off with, such as lack of cover at centre half than the 'timing' of the Lovenkrands signing.  It could be more down to him than us that it happened today.

So you're saying Lovenkrands only played well two games a season in Scotland? (Or three/four - i honestly don't know how it works in Scotland; but you can see the hilarious joke i am making here; Scotland is shit, etc).

No, I'm saying he's a decent player with potential to relapse into being a big-time charlie on the make.

he says that he's feeling physically great and is the quickest at the club, but he hasn't had enough practice with the ball over the summer. Team mates have been texting him begging him to come back, and he has enjoyed living in the area.

he says that he's feeling physically great and is the quickest at the club, but he hasn't had enough practice with the ball over the summer. Team mates have been texting him begging him to come back, and he has enjoyed living in the area.

as long as he plays well then I couldn't care less if he was living in a cave and talking to his shadow all summer.