Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Campbell in to replace Bassong, we got shot of Colo for Sol would be crazy, Sol is injured a lot so won't play that many games. His contract could be pay as play or if  he wanted to much we would not sign him, so no worries over huge wage demands as we would not pay it.

He may be slow but he was never was fast anyway, its his reading of the game that made him a top CB, our defenders could learn so much from him.

I was more or less looking at what options the club may have for a manager other than Shearer or Kinnear.

Sol--------Close to retirement, former international, has connections to the area, looking to start a career in management..........Ashley possibly using former Spuds connections, sounded out Sol...............has been done before...........Keegan, Souness, Dalglish, Gullitt, Viali, Adams etc etc etc

Anyway, just looking at possibilities, nothing else really

Sol Campbell is a clumsy old donkey. He might be able to get by in the championship... but only until we meet a team with pace up front.

Hang on to Taylor. He's quick, he's physical, he gets froward, and he plays his heart out for the shirt.

He's the kind of player we want here long term.

Sol Campbell would have been good on a free 2 or 3 years ago.

I wouldn't touch him now, not even in the championship.

What a load of bollocks, clearly don't have a f***ing clue

Taylor = quick  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :nope:

One of the quickest players we have. Both in reactions and in an out-and-out sprint.

Of course he isn't Usain Bolt but that's not the point I was making.

Are you suggesting his pace is only on par with Sol Campbell?

Sol Campbell is a proven international CB, we need someone with his experience, professionalism and leadership qualities in our squad, a good replacement for Beye`s experience, will bring S.Taylor on and maybe even remove some pressure from collo, can see a no lose on this signing

Sol Campbell would walk this league, its incredible people are turning their noses up at him with the options we've got at the back.  :lol:

He hasn't got the pace of yesteryear, but fuk me, have you seen the average pace and or technical skill in this division? He's mentally 2 yards ahead of 90% of the strikers in this league down to his ability alone and at the physical speed of half of them anyway.

As long as he's not asking the earth, which i doubt he is if were being linked with him due to us trying to reduce the wage bill, then getting Sol in would be a great capture. I'd also like to think if this about his lass being from up here is true it might mean he wants to settle in the area and is ready to take a hit on the wages and could also prove a good capture on the coaching side of things, if not now but later. Have we ever had someone as good at Sol at his peak teaching defenders a thing or two about the finer points of defensive duties? What Taylor has been crying out for his entire career.

Sol Campbell would walk this league, its incredible people are turning their noses up at him with the options we've got at the back. :lol:

He hasn't got the pace of yesteryear, but fuk me, have you seen the average pace and or technical skill in this division? He's mentally 2 yards ahead of 90% of the strikers in this league down to his ability alone and at the physical speed of half of them anyway.

As long as he's not asking the earth, which i doubt he is if were being linked with him due to us trying to reduce the wage bill, then getting Sol in would be a great capture. I'd also like to think if this about his lass being from up here is true it might mean he wants to settle in the area and is ready to take a hit on the wages and could also prove a good capture on the coaching side of things, if not now but later. Have we ever had someone as good at Sol at his peak teaching defenders a thing or two about the finer points of defensive duties? What Taylor has been crying out for his entire career.

Spot on, word for word. I have to say I'll still be surprised if there's truth in this due to my perception of his wage demands, but if he's willing to be sensible then fair enough.

Well above the standard of the championship, even if he isn't what he used to be. In fact he's probably above the standard of us at the moment.

I can imagine a few prem clubs will have been sniffing around, were just lucky his lass is from up here.

Sol Campbell would walk this league, its incredible people are turning their noses up at him with the options we've got at the back.  :lol:

Great post - 100% in agreement.

O0

Great post - 100% in agreement.

Fair point! If you see it that way I can agree with you. However, when as the last time Newcastle actually brought someone along to tutor? ..And then add them to the coaching side? He'd be an OK backup if he agrees a hit on the wages, other than that I think we should concentrate on getting youngsters :)

Guest schmuck

Aye good posts Toon's Taylor and Cajun, what's the point in having kids if they've no-one to learn from, kind of aimless no?

Guest DavB93

Would be a very good addition to the squad and would agree he could bring Taylor and all the other defenders along loads (Tozer, Kadar etc..)

Just hope we can keep Taylor

Guest stjamestoon

Well said. Be a great signing in my opinion. I think some fans still believe we can be picky when it comes to signing players. Wake up, we are now in the championship...

as ive already said, we have never had an old head that the younger players could learn from.

would bring taylor on leaps and bounds.

just a shame it would appear he will be his replacement.

Caçapa?

sorry, i shoul dhave said and old DECENT head.

cacapa and ronnie johnson dont quite fit that bill.