Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Guest Roger Kint

It's not a complete loss for the club. Bet they sold s*** loads of shirts before he quit  O0

Which they publically offered £40 vouchers to replace any lost money on them

Opening paragraph:

'I used to know Sol Campbell quite well. We weren't bosom pals but in my early days as a Fleet Street showbiz hack, I'd bump into him on the party circuit so beloved of footballers and he was always good fun to hang out with.'

Oh, aye, Piers, I bet you and Sol were out on the lash every other night, mate. Later on:

'I said hello but he just stared at me with dead eyes, shook my hand with what seemed like severe reluctance, muffled a response and walked on.'

Thought you'd be used to that sort of response by now, you fucking prick.

piers morgan

well piers, I wouldn't shake your hand unless I'd just wanked off a syphillitic pig with mine.

You would still shake his hand... :kasper: :idiot2:

:pow:

I think someone got mixe up with there Magpies as the picture has "I'm not sure I like this: Sol Campbell made only one appearance for Newcastle against Morecambe"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1216344/PIERS-MORGAN-Dont-feel-sorry-Sol-Campbell-selfish-man-Britain.html#ixzz0SLeQEaIT

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

The picture message has now changed to Notts County

• 1 month later...

If it comes off I think it will be an excellent signing, yes he may not have the legs anymore, but he's a very intelligent bloke and his experience will be invaluable. Especially if Taylor stays, as well as for the likes of Kadar too. He would be a good role model both on an off the pitch for our younger players and seems the type who would willingly stay behind/put in that bit of extra effort to help out the young lads too. A top calibre centre half in his time and one of the best England has had over the last couple of decades, can't remember him ever letting this country down, or if he did it was very rare.

Also think this move for Sol wouldn't be about the money as we could only afford to pay him a fraction of what he was on at Pompey but more about him being happy in life itself, which is something he has always valued, especially after the death of his father. What with him buying that estate in Northumberland, it does make sense if he wants to wind down his career with his girlfriend and live in comfort in lovely Northumberland. Would be a shrewd signing by whoever is making the decisions. I just hope it comes off, such a shame Roeder never thought that when we could have got him originally.

Posted this around the time when we were linked with him. Still echo those sentiments.

Why try to fix what isn't broke? In Taylor and Coloccini I see a developing partnership that could take us into the premiership and contribute to keeping us there.

Simply because under Ashley's ownership you don't know if either of those will be here come February.

Why try to fix what isn't broke? In Taylor and Coloccini I see a developing partnership that could take us into the premiership and contribute to keeping us there.

Simply because under Ashley's ownership you don't know if either of those will be here come February.

Surely there would be better options to remedy this hypothetical than an aging out of contract player who will want to be one of two or three highest paid players at the club.

I think someone got mixe up with there Magpies as the picture has "I'm not sure I like this: Sol Campbell made only one appearance for Newcastle against Morecambe"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1216344/PIERS-MORGAN-Dont-feel-sorry-Sol-Campbell-selfish-man-Britain.html#ixzz0SLeQEaIT

Wrtien by Piers Morgan, any surprise, he guy is a prize prick, and knows noothing, and knows even less about sport.

Wrtien by Piers Morgan, any surprise, he guy is a prize prick, and knows noothing, and knows even less about sport.

Newspaper & pictures is something Morgan has had problems with over the years.

Newspaper & pictures is something Morgan has had problems with over the years.

Along with life, the guy doesn't even know what real life is about, another tw@ who's never had any problems in life apart from the one time his bank account was at the lowest level it has ever been, the sum of £6m. Thats what happens when idiot like him get top jobs as politicans, and in his case jounelism, they have no concept of life, so pretend to know everything, I would love for once, he relised the whole world is laughing at him and not with him.

I agree about Taylor and Colo but as is happening at the moment, they won't play every game and the other options aren't exactly inspiring.

Hughton may have his faults but imo he has shown he doesn't have favourites and won't just pander to the "experienced" players being definite starters.

If Campbell has a mental and storms off we won't have lost anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

Chris Hughton ponders Sol Campbell move

CHRIS HUGHTON today revealed that Newcastle United could still offer Sol Campbell the chance to rebuild his shattered career.

The 35-year-old is currently in a legal battle with ambitious League Two outfit Notts County, who he claims are withholding his playing registration after he controversially left Meadow Lane by “mutual consent” after starring in just one game for the other Magpies.

Campbell, who is based in Northumberland, was linked with Newcastle in August and was keen to join the club - but with United still up for sale and uncertainty hovering above St James’ Park, the move never came off for Hughton after initial talks with the player he worked with during his long stint at Tottenham Hotspur.

Instead Campbell signed a five-year deal with Munto Finance-backed County but soon left after his debut against Morecambe, which ended in a 2-1 defeat. And since then questions over the validity of the deal - despite a gagging order which prevents him talking publicly about his exit for five years – have emerged.

Campbell hopes to be cleared to play again in due course by a Football League Disciplinary Commission hearing on December 10 and has already stated his desire to play for Newcastle.

And Hughton - who is working on his list of transfer targets for when the January transfer window opens for business - told the Chronicle today: “It’s one that I wouldn’t rule out.

“He’s a player that will go somewhere at some stage and he will get a lot of offers, but we won’t rule him out of coming here.

“I don’t expect him to go anywhere at the moment. But he will be playing somewhere. I don’t expect that to be until after Christmas.

“He has still got a lot to offer the game.

“He’s already been at Notts County but he only played one game so he hasn’t played a lot of football.

“Wherever he goes it will be on the back of that one game.

“But he has stated a desire to carry on playing.

“So it is one that possibly might happen.”

Campbell starred for Spurs between 1992 and 2001 before a shock and bitterly-received exit to arch-rivals Arsenal, but worked with Hughton for much of that time and enjoyed success in 1999 with the Toon boss as assistant manager when the White Hart Lane club hoisted the Worthington Cup.

Campbell said: “I am happy, big time, that the Football League will hold a commission.

“All I want to do is play football now, sooner rather than later.

“I also requested that the League can fast track my case and I am delighted that an early date is possible.”

And when talking about a move to Newcastle he recently commented: “I have been approached by several clubs and, yes, it is correct to say that Newcastle United are one of them.

“People might be surprised to hear me say that I would be very interested in a move there, but I have my reasons.

“Newcastle are a big club and could be heading back to the Premier League. It appeals. If we can sort it all out at the tribunal I would hope to be playing within weeks from now.”

Sol Campbell was a undoubtably a top quality fantastic player in his time.

But i woulden't buy him now for the following reasons:

High Wages.

He's on his last legs with a suspect temperment.

Taylor and Collocini are quality and performing well.

We need to be building for the future. We should be looking at bright young up and coming talent to challenge Collo and Taylor.