Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Can't understand this at all... surely he knew Notts County were in a rubbish league before he signed for them? What could have changed so quickly?

I'm suprised they've allowed him out so easily TBH - contracts truly mean nothing in football now.

As with a lot of situations, and we should know, we will never know the real truth

I'm not that surprised they let him go.  Most of the reason they wanted him was as a big name to elevate the club (same thing as with Errikson).  If he'd started talking about how disappointed he was ect it would have damaged the club so its best to quietly get rid.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not that surprised they let him go.  Most of the reason they wanted him was as a big name to elevate the club (same thing as with Errikson).  If he'd started talking about how disappointed he was ect it would have damaged the club so its best to quietly get rid.

Yeah they really sneaked him out the back door like O0

Can't understand this at all... surely he knew Notts County were in a rubbish league before he signed for them? What could have changed so quickly?

I'm suprised they've allowed him out so easily TBH - contracts truly mean nothing in football now.

My thoughts are that Sol was told he wouldn't be the only "big name" player coming in. With that Sol assumed he'd be in a team full of stars all be it older players and Notts County would fly out of that league. By there club doing so well he might just get the chance to be in the England set up even just as a squad player.

In the end he ended up being the only "big name player" and then after his first game he saw the players around him weren't certain to go up first time so he wanted out quick.

Just a guess of course.

Yeah they really sneaked him out the back door like O0

I forgot that County have the power to make players disappear without anyone knowing with the click of Erriksons fingers :lol:..  They had two options, hang on to him while he pisses and moans in the press before finally leaving anyway.  Or let him go straight away with no fuss, considering all we've heard is "Campbell has left the club by mutual consent" then yes he's gone quietly.

Get him in.

Please, no.

:lol:

Why?

Watch the highlights of their latest match. Looks unfit and disinterested.

I'm not surprised he was disinterested, he was about to leave.  Doesn't mean he wouldn't be interested somewhere else.

Get him in.

Please, no.

:lol:

Why?

Watch the highlights of their latest match. Looks unfit and disinterested.

So you're desperate for him not to sign on the highlights of one match? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I hope no club take him on after this. Just typical of the modern day player, absolutely no morals or loyalty. He's surely in breach of his 5 year contract.

There was talk of trying to get him to change his mind and stay. Would Notts County still want someone with his attitude?

Guest ItalianMagpie

He was on a big wage he could have just stayed and took the money, I thought he was fkn stupid to go there in the first place but at least he had the balls to see he was wrong and get out of there.

He would have proved to have balls if he had stayed, not by running away after finding out he wouldn't have got the cushions for his bum in the dressing room...