Premiership, best league in the world? No..

Mr. Snrub

Regardless of which league is best I think it is just as bad as the Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool plastic fans when people have foreign teams like Barcelona as their second team (you can't have a second team unless it was something like you support Newcastle and Whitley Bay).

Well I've been a fan of Barcelona since I went to their staduim at 9 years of age, so your argument is pretty worthless.  Just like you are.

Fail :mackems:

I don't see the problem with people who like to watch the Brazil's and the Barcelona's because of their good football, what i do have more problems with is when Scandinavians and stuff go to a pub with Brazil shirts and flags to support Brazil because their country isn't involved in the cup, THAT'S silly mind

I don't have a problem with people wanting to watch good football either. My problem goes with the ones you've described at the end of your post.

That kind of behavior is just sad and worrying, and it happens every fucking world cup at the pubs in Oslo  :lol:

Half the people who wear Brazil shirts and dance to that samba shizzle in the stands during Brazil games at World Cups are actually Scandinavians, anyway

what i do have more problems with is when Scandinavians and stuff go to a pub with Brazil shirts and flags to support Brazil because their country isn't involved in the cup, THAT'S silly mind

Well sometimes that might be ok say for example if a person bought a Brazil shirt for the 2002 World Cup final and wore it to cheer them on as they beat the Germans!!!

Regardless of which league is best I think it is just as bad as the Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool plastic fans when people have foreign teams like Barcelona as their second team (you can't have a second team unless it was something like you support Newcastle and Whitley Bay).

Well I've been a fan of Barcelona since I went to their staduim at 9 years of age, so your argument is pretty worthless.  Just like you are.

I went to Highbury at 8 years of age - should I support Arsenal?

Wow, 2 miles away for an away match, or over 2 hours on a plane away.. and when I was just getting into football.  Good argument you have..

So why is it that this Man Utd team is the first in the last several years to atually try and attack the best team that ins't from Enlgand?  And why is it they got totally battered for 80 minutes?

They gave up the center to Barca.

And IMO AF started the wrong side.

However, Barca outclassed and outthought them.

Guest firetotheworks

I've never seen the point of being a fan of more than one club. Where do you end it? One in each country? I just find it weird. I support one club and only ever my own country internationally.

Im a supporter of NUFC, and secondly an enjoyer of good football. I dont understand how you cant enjoy good football, it doesnt mean you support the team, just the way they play.

I would have fancied Liverpool to beat Barca if im entirely truthful.

I would have fancied Man U to beat Barca if I'm entirely truthful. Barca were the better team by a mile today, but if they played each other 10 times, I'd say that they'd win about 5 times each. What does this prove? That the CL final means fuck all when it comes to which league is the best.

what i do have more problems with is when Scandinavians and stuff go to a pub with Brazil shirts and flags to support Brazil because their country isn't involved in the cup, THAT'S silly mind

Well sometimes that might be ok say for example if a person bought a Brazil shirt for the 2002 World Cup final and wore to cheer them on as they beat the Germans!!!

nah, that's another manifestation of the problem we have in this country of harking endlessly on about the war (when countries which suffered infinitely more than we did have forgotten about it).

Well sometimes that might be ok say for example if a person bought a Brazil shirt for the 2002 World Cup final and wore to cheer them on as they beat the Germans!!!

nah, that's another manifestation of the problem we have in this country of harking endlessly on about the war (when countries which suffered infinitely more than we did have forgotten about it).

Argh, damn it. That Brazil shirt I have is nice though.

Contender for the "Worst Thread in the Football Forum" in the 2009 forum awards tbh.

And have you ever made a a worthwhile thread in any genre?  No, I didn't think so.

Don't get defensive. Better to talk football. Non?

I don't see how Messi fail here, his team has won the CL and we would have been as happy if it was Newcastle, he's overreacting but don't forget his happiness is cluoding his judgment.

I don't want to join the hounding, but it isn't "his team has won the CL" in the same sense it would be if yours or mine did.

It is like when I hear Man United fans with cockney accents about what it means to them. By comparison, it means nothing if you just choose to latch on to some successful club.

Why do these people never seem to become Mansfield Town or Wigan or Bournemouth supporters at the age of 8?

Not talking about Messi here, but I absolutely hate gloryhunters. They are the Quisling maggots of the football world.

Wow, 2 miles away for an away match, or over 2 hours on a plane away.. and when I was just getting into football.  Good argument you have..

Wow, 2 hours on public transport, just when I was getting into football. Another highly-successful team I could've easily been coaxed into supporting. Good thing I'm not a fucking glorycunter. Good argument.

Fucking hell  :lol:

"but i took the plane!!!!"

Every one of your arguments in this thread has been awful. But maybe you're just looking for a bit of reaction?  :thdn:

I don't see how Messi fail here, his team has won the CL and we would have been as happy if it was Newcastle, he's overreacting but don't forget his happiness is cluoding his judgment.

He fails as he's trying to defend his glory hunting choice of team was because he went to see them. It's hardly a coincidence that he went to Barcelona, and once he was there went to Camp Nou instead of Espanyol's home ground (which I don't know the name of).

He also fails as he's basing his argument for the thread on one game.

I don't want to join the hounding, but it isn't "his team has won the CL" in the same sense it would be if yours or mine did.

It is like when I hear Man United fans with cockney accents about what it means to them. By comparison, it means nothing if you just choose to latch on to some successful club.

Why do these people never seem to become Mansfield Town or Wigan or Bournemouth supporters at the age of 8?

Not talking about Messi here, but I absolutely hate gloryhunters. They are the Quisling maggots of the football world.

I've liked Barcelona just as long as I've liked Newcastle, so why don't you fuck off to an Aston Villa forum already..

Your digging a deeper hole for yourself. "I support Barcelona because they're the best", "My dad supports them", "They're the team I chose when I was young", etc.

I went to Barcelona on an Easyjet flight. The day I arrived Barcelona had just won the title and people were driving round the city beeping their car horns and waving flags well into the night. I visited Camp Nou a day or two later. I also visited Espanyol's stadium. I am a fan of neither team.

If Newcastle played Barcelona who would you want to win?

He fails as he's trying to defend his glory hunting choice of team was because he went to see them. It's hardly a coincidence that he went to Barcelona, and once he was there went to Camp Nou instead of Espanyol's home ground (which I don't know the name of).

Pretty big game though. Also a game where finally we see Man U aren't that flexible when the pressure is on.

I've liked Barcelona just as long as I've liked Newcastle, so why don't you fuck off to an Aston Villa forum already..

Did you start supporting Newcastle in early 1996?

Shit, I might choose to support Barcelona and go to a Barcelona forum instead.

After all, I did shit in a bog in the service station just south of Tarragona once.

Pretty big game though. Also a game where finally we see Man U aren't that flexible when the pressure is on.

Of course it's a big game, probably the second biggest game in football after the WC final. It really doesn't mean anything when comparing two leagues though.

Aren't pretty much all the top leagues around the world dominated by three or four clubs? Seems a strange thing to hold against the Premier League.

I couldn't give a flying fuck which one is 'best', but I know which I think is most watchable. And despite the number of wank matches I still think that's ours.

Guest firetotheworks

Not that Barca didn't deserve to win, but i'd be ashamed to support any club captained by Carlos Puyol, an absolute coward and cheat of a human being

Would you really though? We've had plenty over the last few years.

Not that Barca didn't deserve to win, but i'd be ashamed to support any club captained by Carlos Puyol, an absolute coward and cheat of a human being

I have to take issue with you at that!

Carlos Puyol is a masterful cheater. You have your Didier Drogbas, your Tim Cahills, your Cronaldos... your common as muck street thiefs, and then you have Puyol... a diamond thief! :lol:

In all seriousness, as cheating has become endemic in football, I previously consoled myself in not minding when two cheating teams encountered one another - live by the sword, die by the dive and all that.

It's sad that now every team cheats. Even Newcastle. :(  Anyway, my point is that Puyol isn't the worst. Cronaldos jumping elbow from behind was far more cowardly, petulant and sums up what a little bitch he is.