Premiership, best league in the world? No..

Mr. Snrub

Could you tell me the average Serie A attendance outside of The Milans, Juevntus, Roma, and Lazio?

Saw something the other week saying The Championship is the league with the 4th biggest average attendances in Europe behind the Bundesliga, La Liga and obviously The Premiership.

Championship average = 17,875

Serie A = 24,562

It's the 4th best out of total people attending which is to be expected considering there's far more games played.

My mistake, didn't realise that England, Italy and Spain were the only 3 leagues to play football in europe.

Could you tell me the average Serie A attendance outside of The Milans, Juevntus, Roma, and Lazio?

Saw something the other week saying The Championship is the league with the 4th biggest average attendances in Europe behind the Bundesliga, La Liga and obviously The Premiership.

Serie A = 24,562

It's the 4th best out of total people attending which is to be expected considering there's far more games played.

My mistake, didn't realise that England, Italy and Spain were the only 3 leagues to play football in europe.

What does any of this have to do with the initial argument?

Liverpool totally obliterated Real Madrid over 2 legs earlier in the competition

I hate Madrid, but even the ref had the final outcome in that match.

Pretty certain that if it wasn't down to refs it would have been a Man United v Chelsea final again last night tbh....

Liverpool totally obliterated Real Madrid over 2 legs earlier in the competition

I hate Madrid, but even the ref had the final outcome in that match.

Pretty certain that if it wasn't down to refs it would have been a Man United v Chelsea final again last night tbh....

Chelsea have been robbed no doubt.

Serie A = 24,562

Where on earth did he imply that?

Guest Svenno

So why is it that this Man Utd team is the first in the last several years to atually try and attack the best team that ins't from Enlgand?  And why is it they got totally battered for 80 minutes?

I'm so fucking annoyed with these pathethic arguments.

As someone said: Barcelona isn't representative for La Liga and their 6-2 outclassing of Real Madrid shows that.

Fans of La Liga are somewhat jealous that the EPL is the most attractive league for neutrals and I can't understand why you're always talking about football as it is only about attacking without thinking about defensive consequences.

Personally, I really enjoy watching great defensive achievements as well as offensive play -  how much don't you love a hard tackle for example?

And please don't tell me that the Spanish teams are all about tactics. Let's have a look back at this season:

- Barcelona didn't pose much of an attacking treath against Chelsea, did they? You guys blamed Chelsea for being defensive when they came to Nou Camp, but football is all about winning and it wasn't their job to come over and entertain your fans was it?

- Once again when a Spanish team lose against an English side you're putting the blame anywhere but your own teams; For example when you're stating that the ref played a major part when Real Madrid faced Liverpool. Watch it once again and you'll see that Liverpool totally outplayed them before anything happened. Real Madrid was lucky to escape with only five goals in the bag.

Football is about winning and for the last four years, there have been three english teams in the final - enough said.

Best league in the world? No.

Best paced and quality league in the world? Probably.

Most competitive league in the world? Not a chance.

Most predictable? Bar Scotland it's up there.

I'm sorry, but next year the following will win their respective leagues:

England: Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool

Spain: Barcelona or Real Madrid

Italy: Milan (AC or Inter) or Juve

Whilst the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 may be more open, they are just as likely to have runaway leaders due to the lack of quality. See Bayern Munich / Lyon most years regarding runaway and then the Bundesliga this year with regards being so shit no one could get around to winning it.

All leagues are predictable to an extent, those that aren't, such as the Championship, are so generally because the quality is so dire no one knows who will luck out. I defy you to show me any league in the footballing world where any team could win any season as they are all quality footballing units.

... MLS... it's just not a 'league' and no-one would accept such a setup here cos everyone HATES CHANGE  :pow:

Really? The MLS are all 'qaulity footballing units'?! Now, i'll be honest, all i've ever watched are highlight reels but didn't exactly seem like much of any quality was going on.

Most predictable? I'm sure Man U have just won a third title with the exact same top four in all those seasons.

Most predictable? I'm sure Man U have just won a third title with the exact same top four in all those seasons.

I would argue that doesn't make it 'predictable'. Would you say now, in all certainty you think that Manchester United will win the league next season? I think there are 3 genuine contenders. Just because the same team has won it the last 3 years doesn't make it uncompetitive at the top.

Also, the whole top 4 thing miffs me, other leagues have a top 1, 2 or 3 that invariably are streets ahead of the rest, we have a top 4 and that seems to be worse. Surely it's better?!

My view is that familiarity breeds contempt, not only do most of us watch a lot more English football, those of us in the UK are subject to an ongoing barage of coverage and hyperbole which makes it very easy to get pissed off with the Premier League. It's certainly not all it's hyped up to be, but i do think pound for pound, it's got the best quality in the world. All a matter of opinion though as whatever stats we throw at it no one is going to change their view and unless one of you can arrange for all the teams placed in the same position in all the leagues around the world to play off against one another, we will never get a conclusive view.

I'm sorry, but next year the following will win their respective leagues:

England: Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool

Spain: Barcelona or Real Madrid

Italy: Milan (AC or Inter) or Juve

Whilst the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 may be more open, they are just as likely to have runaway leaders due to the lack of quality. See Bayern Munich / Lyon most years regarding runaway and then the Bundesliga this year with regards being so s*** no one could get around to winning it.

All leagues are predictable to an extent, those that aren't, such as the Championship, are so generally because the quality is so dire no one knows who will luck out. I defy you to show me any league in the footballing world where any team could win any season as they are all quality footballing units.

True, those teams listed will most likely win their domestic leagues. But what about the qualification for the Champions League places? Or UEFA Cup places? Since Everton last broke the Sky 4, I think its something like 8 different teams in Spain have qualified for it.

The Premiership is a boring league. The only unpredictable aspect about it is the relegation battles you get. But even then, that cant say much? (Especially if its always the newly promoted teams down there)

Agreed re CL places, but i would point to my logic re Bundesliga this year - it's more due to a lack of quality than genuine competitiveness. The English teams all qualify, year in year out, for the knockout stages, no other country can lay claim to this, so i think those in there are there on merit.

Agreed, the PL is boring.

... MLS... it's just not a 'league' and no-one would accept such a setup here cos everyone HATES CHANGE  :pow:

Really? The MLS are all 'qaulity footballing units'?! Now, i'll be honest, all i've ever watched are highlight reels but didn't exactly seem like much of any quality was going on.

Oh right, nah. Missed that bit... They're all fairly wank, but they're an equal level of wank.

Guest kesse

A bit OT maybe. But it seems that some of you think that its a disgrace to support more than one team, and that team should be your home town, local club etc. How do you feel about the thousands of Newcastle supporters that are not based in Newcastle or England for that matter.. ?

I have supported Newcastle for 15 years or so, and I have been to St. James Park about 10 times, pluss a couple of away games. But I honestly dont have a "reason" for supporting Newcastle, actually, when I was seven, the only reason why I "chose" Newcastle was because I thought Asprilla had a funne name, and some of my older mates said he was mint, so I "chose" Newcastle as my club.

So I was wondering, am I also a "plastic supporter" or whatever you call it?

Guest gggg

La Liga is hardly the most riveting league historically. Real Madrid and Barca have won the same percentage of titles in La Liga history as Man Utd and Liverpool have in their dominance of English football over the last 30 years, and only those two have been good enough to lift the European Cup. Only 5 teams have won La Liga at least 3 times, that's the same as Scotland.

A bit OT maybe. But it seems that some of you think that its a disgrace to support more than one team, and that team should be your home town, local club etc. How do you feel about the thousands of Newcastle supporters that are not based in Newcastle or England for that matter.. ?

I have supported Newcastle for 15 years or so, and I have been to St. James Park about 10 times, pluss a couple of away games. But I honestly dont have a "reason" for supporting Newcastle, actually, when I was seven, the only reason why I "chose" Newcastle was because I thought Asprilla had a funne name, and some of my older mates said he was mint, so I "chose" Newcastle as my club.

So I was wondering, am I also a "plastic supporter" or whatever you call it?

Yes. I'm one too; I only got into NUFC when I was a nipper because my Mum liked Keegan.

I know loads don't like it but life goes on.

I was rubbered last night and acting the cunt (can't handle the ol' sambuca) and thus on the wind up, but the amount of people to take the bait is quite shocking.  :kinnear:

Entertaining thread, none the less.

I "chose" to support Newcastle because I live in a shitty little town in central Ireland. :lol:

You lot are so lucky having a quality football club so close to you, jammy bastards.

Kesse I respect anyone who "chooses" to support NUFC. You could have chosen to support Man U like thousands (nay millions) of others, but you chose Newcastle and that shows you have taste and character.

And you're obviously a masochist and all. :laugh:

Guest kesse

And you're obviously a masochist and all. :laugh:

Little did i know that Newcastle was such a shit team :D But yes, I will support Newcastle for the rest of my life, no doubt about it. I have little or none affection for the local teams here in Norway, the only team that matters is Newcastle, quite strange actually.