Premiership, best league in the world? No..

Mr. Snrub

I don't see how Messi fail here, his team has won the CL and we would have been as happy if it was Newcastle, he's overreacting but don't forget his happiness is cluoding his judgment.

I don't want to join the hounding, but it isn't "his team has won the CL" in the same sense it would be if yours or mine did.

It is like when I hear Man United fans with cockney accents about what it means to them. By comparison, it means nothing if you just choose to latch on to some successful club.

Why do these people never seem to become Mansfield Town or Wigan or Bournemouth supporters at the age of 8?

Not talking about Messi here, but I absolutely hate gloryhunters. They are the Quisling maggots of the football world.

I've liked Barcelona just as long as I've liked Newcastle, so why don't you f*** off to an Aston Villa forum already..

Did you start supporting Newcastle in early 1996?

bang  :lol:

I don't see how Messi fail here, his team has won the CL and we would have been as happy if it was Newcastle, he's overreacting but don't forget his happiness is cluoding his judgment.

He fails as he's trying to defend his glory hunting choice of team was because he went to see them. It's hardly a coincidence that he went to Barcelona, and once he was there went to Camp Nou instead of Espanyol's home ground (which I don't know the name of).

He also fails as he's basing his argument for the thread on one game.

Pretty big game though. Also a game where finally we see Man U aren't that flexible when the pressure is on.

Of course it's a big game, probably the second biggest game in football after the WC final. It really doesn't mean anything when comparing two leagues though.

Ah I see.

Ridiculous how outplayed ManU were though.

I don't want to join the hounding, but it isn't "his team has won the CL" in the same sense it would be if yours or mine did.

It is like when I hear Man United fans with cockney accents about what it means to them. By comparison, it means nothing if you just choose to latch on to some successful club.

Why do these people never seem to become Mansfield Town or Wigan or Bournemouth supporters at the age of 8?

Not talking about Messi here, but I absolutely hate gloryhunters. They are the Quisling maggots of the football world.

I've liked Barcelona just as long as I've liked Newcastle, so why don't you fuck off to an Aston Villa forum already..

Did you start supporting Newcastle in early 1996?

No, 95.  Cole's prem season.

Not that Barca didn't deserve to win, but i'd be ashamed to support any club captained by Carlos Puyol, an absolute coward and cheat of a human being

I have to take issue with you at that!

Carlos Puyol is a masterful cheater. You have your Didier Drogbas, your Tim Cahills, your Cronaldos... your common as muck street thiefs, and then you have Puyol... a diamond thief! :lol:

In all seriousness, as cheating has become endemic in football, I previously consoled myself in not minding when two cheating teams encountered one another - live by the sword, die by the dive and all that.

It's sad that now every team cheats. Even Newcastle. :(  Anyway, my point is that Puyol isn't the worst. Cronaldos jumping elbow from behind was far more cowardly, petulant and sums up what a little bitch he is.

Puyol did a masterful job out of position on the right.

Just very funny that someone that's supposed to be some kind of maths whizz kid can't even count to 10.  Especially when when he's no connections to Newcastle whatsoever.  Why are you here?

Maths whizz kid.  :lol: Since when?

Why am I here? I went to St James Park when I was 9, I didn't start supporting them, but later in life I felt incomplete, so joined this forum to fill my void.

Just very funny that someone that's supposed to be some kind of maths whizz kid can't even count to 10.  Especially when when he's no connections to Newcastle whatsoever.  Why are you here?

Why am I here? I went to St James Park when I was 9, I didn't start supporting them, but later in life I felt incomplete, so joined this forum to fill my void.

I do read the GC threads aswell like.  Nice of you to try and be funny and doge the question instead, though.  Very clever..

Guest firetotheworks

Not ganging up on you or owt Messi, but I found that very funny.  :lol: :lol:

It truly is impossible to define the "best" league in the world. They're all so unique and while I do appreciate the football in La Liga to the Premier League it's all subjective.

Personally I love La Liga because of the technical game. It's pass and move, individual skill and a good footballing brain the breaks down opponents, defence is often weak leading to high scoring games which are pleasant on the eye. Barcelona are easily the best team in the world and while Real aren't fantastic they're still a mile ahead of anyone else in La Liga. You could say that makes it a weak league but sides like Villareal, Sevilla, Athletico and even Valencia are still a touch of class.

The Premier League is about the grass roots, blood, sweat and tears (well more tears than anything else these days). I find the Premier League boring due to the domination of the top four. No one plays particularly pretty football and the long ball is prevalent. However it's the commitment, the work rate and a greater emphasise on set-pieces that makes it such a physically unique league. While the top have continued to pull away things have tightened up between the rests of the league leading to a particularly tight, competitive league this year.

The German league is improving after its slump not too long ago. It gave head to a particularly exciting title race this year which gave up to seven teams the chance to nick it. Lyon's domination in France came to an end as Marseille and Bordeaux raised the bar, while the Italian league is still trying to find it's feet after a pretty disastrous couple of years. It wasn't helped this year by it's one sided title race, defensively based game and lack of atmosphere in the stands.

I'd class those five as the five major leagues in the world. Each is exciting and eventful for its own reasons and while I truly appreciate the game played in La Liga others may not. It's all subjective and can often depend on your own ideals in football.

Tonight can finally put to bed that the EPL is not the best League in the world.

It's a f***ing joke that relies on putting 10 man behind the ball' to get past teams with superior players.

It's a 'boring, let's hoof our way to the final and then try and get lucky league'.  At least Man Utd stuck to their guns and went out attacking from the first minute.   Barcelona totally outclassed them and it would have been twice as worse if a team like Liverpool or Chelsea had the balls to play like Man Utd did.

I think the league is based on the league... not just one team.  Jesus like saying the Dutch league is the best when Ajax were wining the cup

This thread. :lol:

Let me just go and unban Lee Stewart and really kick things off.

I read a reference to him on here the other day, with a link to his website, and I swear,  it honestly took me about 10 minutes of puzzled reading to work out why it wasn't the quiffed, loved-by-Guardian-readers, Jerry Springer opera writing comedian who you were going on about.

Could you tell me the average Serie A attendance outside of The Milans, Juevntus, Roma, and Lazio?

Saw something the other week saying The Championship is the league with the 4th biggest average attendances in Europe behind the Bundesliga, La Liga and obviously The Premiership.

It truly is impossible to define the "best" league in the world. They're all so unique and while I do appreciate the football in La Liga to the Premier League it's all subjective.

Personally I love La Liga because of the technical game. It's pass and move, individual skill and a good footballing brain the breaks down opponents, defence is often weak leading to high scoring games which are pleasant on the eye. Barcelona are easily the best team in the world and while Real aren't fantastic they're still a mile ahead of anyone else in La Liga. You could say that makes it a weak league but sides like Villareal, Sevilla, Athletico and even Valencia are still a touch of class.

The Premier League is about the grass roots, blood, sweat and tears (well more tears than anything else these days). I find the Premier League boring due to the domination of the top four. No one plays particularly pretty football and the long ball is prevalent. However it's the commitment, the work rate and a greater emphasise on set-pieces that makes it such a physically unique league. While the top have continued to pull away things have tightened up between the rests of the league leading to a particularly tight, competitive league this year.

The German league is improving after its slump not too long ago. It gave head to a particularly exciting title race this year which gave up to seven teams the chance to nick it. Lyon's domination in France came to an end as Marseille and Bordeaux. While the raised the bar while the Italian league is still trying to find it's feet after a pretty disastrous couple of years. It wasn't helped this year by it's one sided title race, defensively based game and lack of atmosphere in the stands.

I'd class those five as the five major leagues in the world. Each is exciting and eventful for its own reasons and while I truly appreciate the game played in La Liga others may not. It's all subjective and can often depend on your own ideals in football.

Thread over.

This thread. :lol:

Let me just go and unban Lee Stewart and really kick things off.

I read a reference to him on here the other day, with a link to his website, and I swear,  it honestly took me about 10 minutes of puzzled reading to work out why it wasn't the quiffed, loved-by-Guardian-readers, Jerry Springer opera writing comedian who you were going on about.

Tell me you've read the gold threads.

It's just a shame that a team that play such good football as Barcelona ends up being a pissing contest as to which is the better league. All i saw when i watched Barca's passing and movement is what I would love to have back at Newcastle.

I do read the GC threads aswell like.  Nice of you to try and be funny and doge the question instead, though. 

Honest answer? I followed NSG on here after he was on GloryHorns (a Watford forum) asking about stuff when we played you in the League Cup last time we were in the PL. I saw that your 'Games' section was fairly active (there's no such thing on GH) and starting joining in with stuff. I lurked around for a while, visiting occasionally and played Xbox with the likes of Diablo, Decky, Mike, Towelie, Dave etc. etc. then I started joining in a bit on GC, I've practically stopped using GloryHorns because it's fully of WUMs and wankers, so use this place to get my football kicks. That and most of the people on here are a sound bunch.  :thup:

Each league offers something different and it's up to you which one you prefer to watch. I prefer to watch the English league because I have an attachment to one team and thus have mostly negative feelings about all the other teams that inevitably beat my team. I also enjoy watching La Liga because a lot of the world's best players are in it and particularly this year, I think we've seen a team that will be remembered for a long, long time. But this league vs league shit is just tedious and boring.

Btw, would love to go see a Bundesliga match in the stadium. Best crowds in Europe, imo.