Premiership, best league in the world? No..

Mr. Snrub

I do read the GC threads aswell like.  Nice of you to try and be funny and doge the question instead, though. 

Honest answer? I followed NSG on here after he was on GloryHorns (a Watford forum) asking about stuff when we played you in the League Cup last time we were in the PL. I saw that your 'Games' section was fairly active (there's no such thing on GH) and starting joining in with stuff. I lurked around for a while, visiting occasionally and played Xbox with the likes of Diablo, Decky, Mike, Towelie, Dave etc. etc. then I started joining in a bit on GC, I've practically stopped using GloryHorns because it's fully of WUMs and wankers, so use this place to get my football kicks. That and most of the people on here are a sound bunch.  :thup:

And after that, now tell us why you can't count past 10..

Could you tell me the average Serie A attendance outside of The Milans, Juevntus, Roma, and Lazio?

Saw something the other week saying The Championship is the league with the 4th biggest average attendances in Europe behind the Bundesliga, La Liga and obviously The Premiership.

exactly my point tbh, mickey mouse league still living off the golden 90's

And after that, now tell us why you can't count past 10..

I don't know how old you are like, my guess was simply based on the fact that NUFC were top of the league by a fair margin at that point, your reasoning for supporting Barca matching why you'd support NUFC at that point.

Could you tell me the average Serie A attendance outside of The Milans, Juevntus, Roma, and Lazio?

Saw something the other week saying The Championship is the league with the 4th biggest average attendances in Europe behind the Bundesliga, La Liga and obviously The Premiership.

Isn't it the fifth richest league in the world, as well?

:lol:

Barca maybe better than all 'EPL' teams...

Yeah think you've summed up his whole argument there. He's gone Barca > All Prem teams. Therefore: Liga > Prem.

In terms of the lower league's the strength and depth of English football is amazing considering we have four fantastically competative tiers of football.

So why has the Premier League been inferior excluding the top4 in recent years then?

:lol:

Barca maybe better than all 'EPL' teams...

Yeah think you've summed up his whole argument there. He's gone Barca > All Prem teams. Therefore: Liga > Prem.

Technically they weren't better than Chelsea anyway. Even though I loved them going through.

In terms of the lower league's the strength and depth of English football is amazing considering we have four fantastically competative tiers of football.

So why has the Premier League been inferior excluding the top4 in recent years then?

Aren't pretty much all the top leagues around the world dominated by three or four clubs? Seems a strange thing to hold against the Premier League.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

Huh, it was just a passing comment.

What do you mean by inferior? I made a post on your opening post above.

Messi: you've obviously had a few large ones, so calm down. La Liga is aesthetically pleasing to watch and in my personal view, more entertaining to watch than the Premiership (on the whole). This doesn't mean it's a "better" league, because everyone uses different attributes to subjectively in their mind assess what is "better".

Barcelona probably cemented tonight that they are the best club team in the world, not that La Liga is better than the Premiership.

Guest gggg

Championship average = 17,875

Serie A = 24,562

It's the 4th best out of total people attending which is to be expected considering there's far more games played.

Just saying that the English teams have got embarrassed in the Waffa cup in recent years, meaning that a league isn't only based on 4 clubs.

Just saying that the English teams have got embarrassed in the Waffa cup in recent years, meaning that a league isn't only based on 4 clubs.

And I was simply commenting we have three strong lower tiers below the Premier League.

???

Anyone taking offence at people having "2nd teams", go fuck yourself.

When a team like Barca play football as beautifully as they do, I have no worries admitting that I love watching them play, and would love to see them win everything they can. If that isn't the idea of having a 2nd team then I don't know what is.

Regardless of how much I like Barca however, a team I like for their good looking football, it can't compare to supporting Newcastle, because no matter how shite we are, I'll still love this club.

Anyone taking offence at people having "2nd teams", go f*** yourself.

When a team like Barca play football as beautifully as they do, I have no worries admitting that I love watching them play, and would love to see them win everything they can. If that isn't the idea of having a 2nd team then I don't know what is.

Regardless of how much I like Barca however, a team I like for their good looking football, it can't compare to supporting Newcastle, because no matter how s**** we are, I'll still love this club.

It's very easy to have a second team when you use that critieria though. What sickens me is people actually being proud of it

Regardless of how much I like Barca however, a team I like for their good looking football, it can't compare to supporting Newcastle, because no matter how s**** we are, I'll still love this club.

It's very easy to have a second team when you use that critieria though. What sickens me is people actually being proud of it

Sickens you? Have a word man. Second teams are essentially teams you don't really love and support, but just love to watch. Believe it or not, teams that play beautiful football are often successful.

Sickens you? Have a word man. Second teams are essentially teams you don't really love and support, but just love to watch. Believe it or not, teams that play beautiful football are often successful.

Messi clearly doesn't just love to watch Barca though.

There's an awful lot of people in this country with Man U as their second team, and yes it sickens me, it's absolutely fucking pathetic

Guest firetotheworks

There's an awful lot of people in this country with Man U as their second team, and yes it sickens me, it's absolutely f***ing pathetic

I think you're giving the term 'second team' just a little bit too much of a weight. It merely means a team that you enjoy watching surely? Mine has been Arsenal for years, if they were shit they wouldn't be my second team, and its as fleeting as that because I have no affection or love for them at all, I just love the way they play football.

There's an awful lot of people in this country with Man U as their second team, and yes it sickens me, it's absolutely fucking pathetic

For a minute there I was trying to figure out why you were angry that Lionel Messi supports Barca then. :lol:

But I think Messi (the poster) has reasons for supporting Barca other than just because they're a good team, although I don't know as I've never asked him about it.

There's an awful lot of people in this country with Man U as their second team, and yes it sickens me, it's absolutely f***ing pathetic

I think you're giving the term 'second team' just a little bit too much of a weight. It merely means a team that you enjoy watching surely? Mine has been Arsenal for years, if they were shit they wouldn't be my second team, and its as fleeting as that because I have no affection or love for them at all, I just love the way they play football.

This. Sums up what a second team is exactly.

This. Sums up what a second team is exactly.

The teams I usually end up preferring as second teams are the underdog stories, not the beautiful ones.