RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've e-mailed them with a professional e-mail where I'm pretending to be the liaison of a consortium, trying to get some information out of them regarding Shearer and other stuff.

I think over 500 mackems have done that already..

Why would mackems be interested in hearing about our wage structure, who's earning what and what the contract stage of their talks with Shearer is at? :kinnear: Bar the e-mail being piss, I'm not trying to take the piss. I'm trying to get them to give me sweet sweet info  :coolsmiley:

I've e-mailed them with a professional e-mail where I'm pretending to be the liaison of a consortium, trying to get some information out of them regarding Shearer and other stuff.

Part of me wants to do the same thing, but another part doesn't want to get in the way of an..:lol: actual :mike: person attempting to buy the club through...:mackems: fucking email.  ;D  :cheesy:

Do you think Ashley is deliberately making us look like fools as way of a farewell present?

If he is, he's even inept at that. He's the one that looks like a fool, imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Maybe he's doing it so any potential buyer will think 'this bloke is fucking stupid, maybe I'll get this at a steal'

.....nah.

As I said previously, theres no arab consortium and the local one wont pay what he wants. He wants £200 million in actual fact, with £100million paid in installments to repay the loan note he gave NUFC. Would you pay £200 Million for a championship club? In a financial crisis? With no Saleable assets and a £40 million barclays overdraft?

WERE f***ed. We will still be sale come start of championship, with no manager and no players, administration is the likely scenario now.

explain how this will happen? Seeing that Ashley is the sole owner he is hardly likely to put the club into administration.  :kinnear:

Ashley does not own NUFC, a holding company owns NUFC. Ashley is a debtor to the tune of £100m. If the bank refuse to bankrole the wages and NUFC holdings is bankrupt the club would enter administration. In such a case the administrators would seek to settle any debtors, in this case Ashley, through a sale of the club. Before entering administration the holding company must make every effort to sell the club hence announcing an asking price of £100m.

Ashley would get some or even all of his £100m debt back in one lump sum, effectively writing off the £130m purchase price. We would be deducted points and most probably be playing Leeds Utd the following season. Dont think this is possible? lets see.

That makes no sense because going into administration would massively devalue the club, and Ashley would lose significantly more money than he will if he manages to sell the club as a going concern. Thinking about it, very little of what Ashley has done so far makes any sense so I'm not say that it categorically won't happen. 

What an utter fuck wit Ashley is, it seems that all his decisions are being taken to destroy the club and lose him as much cash as possible.  :weep:

Ashley must have some intelligence and business savvy as he made millions.  Yet the decisions made, back-tracking, uturns, contradictions just begqars belief - it's as if the club is run by Joey Deacon or he's had a rich man's bet to destroy us.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6456878.ece

June 8, 2009

Mike Ashley brings more embarrassment on Newcastle, says George Caulkin

Short of putting the club up for sale on eBay, it is difficult to see how the club could have handled this morning's sale announcement any worse

What does the news that Mike Ashley has set the asking price at £100m mean for Newcastle?

It doesn't mean an awful lot because we knew all this anyway. We knew the club was up for sale because Mike Ashley had said so, we knew Seymour Pierce, the investment bank, had been brought in to run the sale so that wasn't new. People close to the sale said immediately that £100million was the asking price so again, it's not new.

What this announcement has done is simply add another layer of embarrassment to the club. Short of putting it up for sale on eBay, it's hard to see how this could have been handled in a more amateurish way.

To give an e-mail address for prospective buyers to contact the club is a very ham-fisted attempt to communicate with buyers and it's clearly been handled very badly.

So why have the club made this announcement today?

What they are trying to do is draw a line in the sand, by saying we won't entertain offers for £75m or £80m. This is Mike Ashley naming his price and perhaps he wants to weed out those buyers who aren't serious or might not have that money. There have been a couple of stories doing the rounds that local businessmen might be interested in buying the club at that level. But this announcement is saying it's a £100m or nothing.

Do you think he will stick to that price given his apparent desperation to get rid of the club?

I was told in the immediate aftermath of the club going up for sale a fortnight ago, that he would be very lucky to get anywhere near £100m. It's all very well saying this is the price but if no one is prepared to pay it then he will be stuck with it.

This happened when he put it up for sale once before over Christmas. The money he was asking was far too high and put people off. Again it wasn't handled very well and he had to take it off the market.

It's just a very strange way of going about things. Yes, if you want to bargain with somebody then you do it in private, rather than public, but maybe this is just an attempt to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Is there anyway you can see Ashley still owning Newcastle come the start of next season?

His desire to get out is genuine, but then it always has been. It's impossible to sell something if someone doesn't want to buy it. Keith Harris, who is running the sale for Seymour Pierce, said over the weekend that there were a couple of very interested parties. You have to hope it gets done and quickly because as Alan Shearer says "everyday that passes, another Rome burns". Even if it was to go through tomorrow it could take a month to six weeks to get sorted out.

Players are reporting back for pre-season on July 1, so the club is already up against it in terms of timing and getting players in and out. Speed is really of the essence.

Is Freddie Shepherd a realistic buyer?

I have been told not. Harris as of last week had not heard anything from him. There were more rumours over the weekend that he may come back into things, but people close to him have denied that. He wouldn't be able to afford it on his own, he would have to be part of a consortium, but it appears there is no truth in those rumours at the moment.

What does this mean for Alan Shearer's future at the club?

Yet more delays. He wanted it sorted out as early as possible. We were told there might be an announcement in the first week after relegation, then the second week, and last Friday was seen as a cut-off point. He is back from holiday today and as things stand still none the wiser.

What we do know is that he is desperate to do the job, but not under any circumstances. He wants the best possible chance to get the club back into the Premier League. He doesn't simply want to be a figurehead for the Mike Ashley regime or anyone else.

The club said straight after relegation that Shearer was 110 per cent their choice to be manager, but things don't look that way at the moment.

Is there any prospect of Newcastle putting all this behind them before the start of next season?

You get to the point where you think the club may have bottomed out, where you think that maybe the bad news is over and then something else happens. It's very difficult to look beyond the next few days where Newcastle are concerned.

Newcastle have to appoint Alan Shearer as a matter of huge urgency. He's the one who gives them credibility with the supporters and credibility within football. He gives the club some stature with players who might come in and although it is wrong to talk about any kind of feel good factor after what has happened, he gives them something they don't otherwise have.

Without him it is very difficult to see where they go.

As I said previously, theres no arab consortium and the local one wont pay what he wants. He wants £200 million in actual fact, with £100million paid in installments to repay the loan note he gave NUFC. Would you pay £200 Million for a championship club? In a financial crisis? With no Saleable assets and a £40 million barclays overdraft?

WERE f***ed. We will still be sale come start of championship, with no manager and no players, administration is the likely scenario now.

explain how this will happen? Seeing that Ashley is the sole owner he is hardly likely to put the club into administration.  :kinnear:

Ashley does not own NUFC, a holding company owns NUFC. Ashley is a debtor to the tune of £100m. If the bank refuse to bankrole the wages and NUFC holdings is bankrupt the club would enter administration. In such a case the administrators would seek to settle any debtors, in this case Ashley, through a sale of the club. Before entering administration the holding company must make every effort to sell the club hence announcing an asking price of £100m.

Ashley would get some or even all of his £100m debt back in one lump sum, effectively writing off the £130m purchase price. We would be deducted points and most probably be playing Leeds Utd the following season. Dont think this is possible? lets see.

Ashley owns the holding company so of course he owns NUFC.

So to recap, you think he's put the club up for sale at £200m so that when the club inevitably doesn't sell he can put it into administration and get £100m back ???  I don't know where to start there like.  Firstly he wouldn't get £100m back, debtors get a fraction of the money a club owes them when it goes into administration.  Secondly why would he deliberately put a price on the club he knows no one will offer in order to eventually make back £100m through administration?  Why not just sell for £101m now? :lol:

By the way, we don't owe Barclays £40m, Ashley is supposed to be looking to setup a working capital overdraft of £40m, supposedly anyway.

Guest Stephen927

I'm meeting Derek Llambias tomorrow at 10am for advanced talks regarding the e-mail I sent this morning.

Guest wshmag

who advises these thick fucking cunts?

officially confirming the sale of the club when the ST renewal forms are being sent out. jesus h

I'm meeting Derek Llambias tomorrow at 10am for advanced talks regarding the e-mail I sent this morning.

Kills me that I don't know if you're kidding or not.

Llambias would be stupid not to take an inquiry from [email protected] seriously.

:lol:

Fucking email.

Llambias would be stupid not to take an inquiry from [email protected] seriously.

:lol:

Fucking email.

Yeah, load of bollocks.  I only conduct business like this on Facebook, they know fuck all.

Seriously, just a bunch of clowns. Anyone interested in buying the club will know how to reach the club and I don't see how publishing an email address helps? Just plain embarrassing, we look like an even bigger joke.

How the fuck did this guy become a billionaire? Seriously, he has no fucking business acumen whatsoever. Fucking classless wanker. 

I just can't believe Ashley came out with all that shite about how he'd made mistakes and he just keeps messing it up more and more.  What serious party is going to be prevented from buying NUFC because they couldn't find a way of getting in touch?  Which rich individual or consortium was 50/50 on buying NUFC and is now going "well we might as well go for it now lads, we've got the email address.  Save on the phone minutes".  

It seriously seems like they're taking the piss here, I agree with other posters on that.  

Question for financial types:

Presuming we can offload our ridiculously high earners from the wage bill, how much more money could Ashley theoretically lose than he has already?

I suppose a quick way of looking at it is that on a turnover (income) of £100 million the club is losing maybe £20 million a year in the Premiership. Lets say incoming revenue drops to £60 million in the Championship so Ashley needs to save £40 milion of costs to get back to where he was in the Prem and he needs to save about £60 million of costs to get to break even. You might be able to drop £30 million off the wage bill (if you are lucky) so he would still be well out of pocket.

Hmm, still quite a lot then. Cheers.

The club is a financial basket case imo and has been for a few years but, as it stands right now, it is onto a whole new level.

Just waiting for Ashley to offer a free pair of trainers and a Sports Direct t shirt to anyone who sticks a bid in before midnight tbh.

on the other hand £100mill for a club of this size  with no creditors and potential (ie get the wage bill down and return to the prem) should attract some business.

surely that it what business is about ?

You are absolutely right that £100 million, with the Ashley debt written off, is not a bad deal for someone who knows what they are doing, has deep pockets and can take a longish view. But I did use the words "as it stands" and, as it stands, the club can expect income of £60 million next year and that's being optimistic. Costs in cash terms run at about £110 million a year. So far the only things that will reduce the current annual costs are Viduka, Owen and Cacapa walking and some lower paid staff being made redundant - lets say thats savings of  £15 million. So, as it stands, the current cost base is about £95 million and no one, right now, is working on doing anything to reduce that further. Therefore, as it stands, the projected loss next year is about £35 million - and that will need funding with cash just to stand still. The more time that passes without someone getting to work on all this the more impossible it will be to do anything about it and the less attractive the prospect of buying the club becomes.

And I have seen no evidence from Ashley that he is writing the loan off btw. Caulkin in the Times says he was prepared to (and maybe he has an inside track), but the statement on the club website says it's £100 million to buy the club, and if you buy the club for £100 million you still owe Ashley his money for the loan. 

Either Ashley has a seller lined up and is blatently taking the piss, or he really doesnt give a shite any more, which makes me worried thins could get worse and we'll be in another relegation battle next season.