RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5425512,00.html

Didnt these gobshitting twats supposedly lodge a bid months ago? If they were that interested they would have bid back in May rather than taking 2 whole months just to table a bid.

Personally I think Mr Mcmahon is talking out of his arse and is doing nothing more than using our club to get a bit of publicity for the profitble group.

This is all just a big fucking pile of disgraceful. So sick of waiting for a glimmer of hope now.

If Ashley hasn't sold the club by the time our first game of the season rolls around then I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen at all and we'll be stuck with him.

The only potential positive about Profitable's bullshit (apart from if the 'end of this week' is true :lol:) is that it might prompt Llabia to give an update. Which would be something new to read, at least. ;D

just had a text, hong kong based group to take over, should be announced tomorrow, shearer to stay on as boss, beckford done deal.

not sure how true.

Cheers mate

The papers should be fun tomorrow then at least.

Guest dover

just had a text, hong kong based group to take over, should be announced tomorrow, shearer to stay on as boss, beckford done deal.

not sure how true.

Ive just had a text and all it said " be honest when you watched Michael Jacksons funeral and you saw his brothers pushing the coffin it reminded you of cool runnings"

Mine is more accurate and less painful

not sure how true.

Cheers mate

it was a joke

When all of this is over it would be nice to think that Ashley will lose all of his money on diseased ridden old whores, the roulette tables/ spread betting on shares & that he gets the shit beaten out of him in some darkened alley.

It would be great if the NOTW could catch him grubby, beaten up & with his knob falling off with ghonerrea.

Guest sicko2ndbest

not sure how true.

Cheers mate

it was a joke

Thats fukin hirarious

28 Dec 2008.

Ashley said in a statement on the club's official website: 'I am happy to end the uncertainty the fans may have had about the future direction of Newcastle United.

'I know just how important that is to you.

'I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the club forward together.

'Even when I haven't been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being first to congratulate (manager) Joe (Kinnear) whenever there's a good result.'

Ashley revealed the club had failed to find a suitable buyer.

He added: 'When I took the decision to put the club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

'Firstly any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of

Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

'And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199073/Shearer-holds-Newcastle-Toon-hero-long-haul.html?ITO=1490

Shearer holds out for Newcastle: Toon hero in it 'for the long haul'

By Bob Cass and Daniel King Last updated at 9:31 PM on 11th July 2009

Alan Shearer is holding out for the Newcastle job - but the long-running takeover saga is set to drag on for at least another week.

Sources close to Shearer have dismissed claims that he had pulled out of the running to become manager at the crisis club because he had grown impatient about lack of progress.

An overseas financial services group are now front-runners to buy the club from owner Mike Ashley but they are looking at the deal in painstaking detail before deciding whether to proceed.

A verdict had been expected this weekend or early this week, but it is thought the process will drag on for at least a few more days and perhaps as long as another two weeks.

If the lead bidder pulls out, there are two other consortia working with Keith Harris, of investment bank Seymour Pierce, but it would take additional time to conclude a deal for the club, who began their pre-season schedule yesterday with a 3-0 win at Shamrock Rovers under caretaker boss Chris Hughton.

Despite ongoing uncertainty about when a deal will be done and whether the new owners will ask Shearer to be manager, a source close to the former Newcastle and England skipper said: 'It's rubbish to suggest he is giving up. He is in it for the long haul.'

Shearer is frustrated by the delay and by, as he sees it, being kept in the dark about developments. But Ashley and Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias may themselves not be aware of the identity of all those involved in negotiations because Seymour Pierce are keen to conduct the process as discreetly as possible.

Although the group, who include former chairman Freddy Shepherd, would want Shearer as manager, the intentions of the other two bidders remain unknown. Neither is thought to be the sort of investor who would throw huge sums of money at the club.

A club source said: 'There is barely a month before the start of the new season and the club are in freefall. Even if it all got sorted out now, it could take months to get on track.'

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/401943/THE-American-investors-bidding-to-take-control-at-troubled-Newcastle-fear-the-club-could-be-facing-a-financial-meltdown-like-Leeds-They-are-currently-undergoing-a-further-bout-of-stringent-assessments-to-assure-themselves-the-club-is-financially-viable.html

TOON MELTDOWN FEAR

Americans' caution before buying Mike Ashley's troubled club

11/07/2009

THE American investors bidding to take control at troubled Newcastle fear the club could be facing a financial meltdown like Leeds.

They are currently undergoing a further bout of stringent assessments to assure themselves the club is financially viable.

A Toon source said: "They are worried the situation could turn into another Leeds United. That is not the case but they are going through a lot of financial models. They are the preferred bidders and they have a long-term plan."

Owner Mike Ashley has so far refused to move from his £100million asking fee, which will still see him lose around £150m from his brief and controversial reign.

The delay means Toon have missed out on several transfer targets.

Fraizer Campbell joined local rivals Sunderland for £6m while fellow striker Kevin Doyle moved from Reading to Wolves for £6.5m.

Is that the biggest contradiction you have ever heard ?  :idiot2: