RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Al Fahim is also undergoing the Premier League's fit-and-proper-person investigation and that is expected to be concluded in the next two weeks."

This means that we are at least 2 weeks from a takeover? Most likely more than 2 weeks...

I don't know why I read this thread, the insanity of most of what gets posted in it depresses me, but now that I have I may as well say something:

...nah, can't be arsed actually, carry on.

I don't understand this attitude.

We know fuck all, so there's just as much chance of things all going wrong as there is a deal being close and things being positive. It's all just speculation, so how exactly is most of it 'insanity'?

Same question to gdm.

because we know fuck all. People are coming on here posting the same thing over and over again and trying to convince us all that things are fucked when as you say. We know fuck all.

Its just frustration in my part. Every time i click the thread, i hope and most of is nonsense really. I mean who fuck cares about portsmouth.  :(

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't know why I read this thread, the insanity of most of what gets posted in it depresses me, but now that I have I may as well say something:

We know f*** all, so there's just as much chance of things all going wrong as there is a deal being close and things being positive. It's all just speculation, so how exactly is most of it 'insanity'?

Same question to gdm.

because we know f*** all. People are coming on here posting the same thing over and over again and trying to convince us all that things are f***ed when as you say. We know f*** all.

Its just frustration in my part. Every time i click the thread, i hope and most of is nonsense really. I mean who f*** cares about portsmouth.  :(

tbh its cruel but i know most people have the same initial reaction of 'this fuka thinks hes funny', followed by a small smirk

We know fuck all, so there's just as much chance of things all going wrong as there is a deal being close and things being positive. It's all just speculation, so how exactly is most of it 'insanity'?

Same question to gdm.

because we know fuck all. People are coming on here posting the same thing over and over again and trying to convince us all that things are fucked when as you say. We know fuck all.

Its just frustration in my part. Every time i click the thread, i hope and most of is nonsense really. I mean who fuck cares about portsmouth. :(

But they're just as likely to be right as anyone else is, so why not? It's not as though Ashley's track record here suggests we should be naturally optimistic.

If something concrete happens the thread title will be edited. We've always operated this system, so if the thread depresses and frustrates you don't bother opening it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

But they're just as likely to be right as anyone else is, so why not? It's not as though Ashley's track record here suggests otherwise.

If something happens the thread title will be edited. We've always operated this system, so if the thread depresses and frustrates you don't bother reading it.

frustratingly/ depressingly addictive imho

Same question to gdm.

Its just frustration in my part. Every time i click the thread, i hope and most of is nonsense really. I mean who fuck cares about portsmouth.  :(

But they're just as likely to be right as anyone else is, so why not? It's not as though Ashley's track record here suggests we should be naturally optimistic.

If something concrete happens the thread title will be edited. We've always operated this system, so if the thread depresses and frustrates you don't bother opening it.

i dont mind reading opinions or thoughts but its the constant posting of the same points over and over again. its mind numbingly boring.

as you say it MIGHT be going wrong. I dont have a problem with the thread on the whole im just frustrated. waiting. day after day

Guest neesy111

as soon as ashley accept's on offer, those ppl are basically running the club as ashley will want to get away asap and same for llambias

something has to happen by wednesday or it will be a very tough winter

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/13/newcastle-united-sale-mike-ashley

Newcastle United sale stalls as financial liabilities scare off potential suitors

• Due diligence uncovers worrying facts about financial liabilities

• Uncertainty at club breeds unrest amongst players

* Louise Taylor

* guardian.co.uk, Monday 13 July 2009 20.42 BST

There is a growing possibility that Newcastle United will not be sold this summer. A source close to the efforts to find a buyer for the Championship club has revealed that Mike Ashley may still be in control at St James' Park this autumn.

Although two consortiums remain interested in buying Newcastle for a figure close to the £100m asking price and others hover in the background, the due diligence process is understood to have exposed troubling facts about the club's financial liabilities. "The process is moving extremely slowly, there is still genuine hope of a sale but it's not looking imminent," said the source. "Newcastle comes with a lot of baggage."

Ashley's problem is that once the transfer window closes at the end of August interested parties are likely to postpone any purchase until shortly before it opens again in January or even next summer. Football clubs are rarely sold outside transfer windows and Newcastle's would-be buyers are believed to be concerned about the club's wage bill. That stands at around £65m per annum and is proving a stumbling block.

While paying £100m for Newcastle could prove a sound investment if the club bounces straight back to the Premier League, a second season in the Championship would be a huge drain on resources.

Though Newcastle could offload some high earners such as Obafemi Martins, Joey Barton and Fabricio Coloccini this close season, realistically any moves are likely to be completed only if the club continue paying a portion of their former players' wages. When Leeds United sold Robbie Fowler to Manchester City Elland Road kept on meeting a sizeable percentage of his salary and a source close to Newcastle admitted: "The fear is we could end up in a worse financial mess than Leeds did."

Ashley, who has retreated from the public eye in recent weeks, is consequently faced with the unpalatable prospect of continuing as owner or taking a huge financial loss by offering Newcastle at a rock bottom price for a quick sale.

While he attempts to find a buyer, Ashley has resolutely refused to appoint a manager, leaving Newcastle under the caretaker charge of Chris Hughton. Alan Shearer is waiting in the wings and hopes to return to the manager's office but he would almost certainly demand that Ashley invest in players suited to the rigours of a Championship campaign.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have been dealt a blow by the Football Association, which has ordered the club to scrap their pre-season friendly at Utrecht. With their north-east rivals Sunderland due to play in the Amsterdam tournament 30 miles away on Sunday 26 July police in the Netherlands and Britain had feared there would be clashes between travelling supporters. Since Sunderland had already sold tickets for the event the Wearsiders have been cleared to play by the FA.

There remains unrest among Newcastle's players, several of whom are threatening to submit transfer requests next week. "We want a manager and a bit of stability," said the centre-half Steven Taylor. "We need that, at the moment we don't know what's going on."

Such sentiments were echoed by Kevin Nolan. "We would prefer to know whether Mike Ashley is going to keep [Newcastle] or someone else is coming in," said the midfielder. "In the next week we certainly want to know what is going to happen. This situation is unfair on the players and the staff."

Think it's finally sinking in how petty Ashley actually is.

I bet he's loving the fact that all the fans players and staff are tearing their hair out, and all the while he's just taking his time trying to squeeze the last drop of money out of these would be buyers, with his fucking lapdog Llambiarse stringing us on to make us think the end is in sight.

The ideal scenario for this fat piece of shit is for him to get his 100 million and leaving the club with no preparation time so he can sit back and stick two fingers up at us lot for having the gaul to call him an amateur.

I feel the buyers have laid their offers down already and Ashley is just trying to take it to the wire to see if any of them will up it to his valuation, but alas I think his bluff will be called yet again and he'll still be here when they loose interest.

Then that really is the end for this club.

Nothing is 'the end' at all.  We could go into administration and go down and we'd stick around.  We could go out of business and  reform in the Unibond and we'd still follow the new club.  However this goes, and it might well be hideous, we'll out live Ashley on this.

Nothing is 'the end' at all.  We could go into administration and go down and we'd stick around.  We could go out of business and  reform in the Unibond and we'd still follow the new club.  However this goes, and it might well be hideous, we'll out live Ashley on this.

The end of this club being any sort of force in years to come I meant.

The thing with football is you can never tell what will happen in the next week. I bet when Man City were down in the lower leagues nobody would have predicted how they'd turn out. There'll always be hope for us I believe and I also believe Ashley honestly doesn't want to stick around long enough for us to plummet a few leagues down because his wealth will have too. I think by the end of this year at the latest the re-building process will have started.

</mood of optimism>