RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Guardian piece is just like the rest of the shite in the press recently - speculation.  There's a fair chance there is some wrangling over finance, but the precarious nature of our finance she is describing is basically the wage bill, which is common knowledge. I've no doubt Ashley is clinging on for dear life in the hope he can squeeze a few more quid out of someone, but there will come a point where Keith Harris tells him to sell or stop wasting his time. The fees charged by SP won't be cheap, and if Ashley decides to stay or drags it out, Keith Harris will still need to be paid.

If he can't sell, he needs to have a plan, which he blatantly won't. He'll just give Kinnear the job, we'll sign all the dregs no one wants and lose players like Taylor, Beye who would stay and fight tooth and nail for he club with Shearer in charge. Would would be farcicial is if he can't sell and offers Shearer the job a few days before the start of the season. If that happened I don't think he'd accept.

My common sense tells me that as he clearly doesn't want the club, he will sell sooner rather than later. If he delays any further he could end up in a situation where he has to give it away under the condition someone takes on the debt. Thing is we're dealing with a man worth far more money than we could collectively expect to see in two lifetimes, who is acting like a spoilt child who hasn't got his own way. I'd hate to see how he'd treat Sports Direct should they decide they no longer want him at the helm. He took a gamble, it failed, he gave a half cocked apology after relegation. If he meant a word of any of that, he'd sell the club to whoever can take it forward, and walk away trousering a fair few million quid, still the kind of money we'd never see in our lifetimes, even if it's not the £100M he wants.

Guest firetotheworks

When Habib goes it'll be the straw that broke the Camels back for me. I honestly wouldn't give a shit what happens to Ashley after that.

Guest firetotheworks

When Habib goes it'll be the straw that broke the Camels back for me. I honestly wouldn't give a s*** what happens to Ashley after that.

do you now?

Well aye, there's some limits. When Beye goes, those limits wont exist.

Its from fkn buzzie.com so ya know :lol:

Newcastle United Sale Stalls As Financial Liabilities Scare Off Potential Suitors

The due diligence process has uncovered troubling facts about the club's financial state that is putting off investors

There is a growing possibility that Newcastle United will not be sold this summer. A source close to the efforts to find a buyer for the Championship club has revealed that Mike Ashley may still be in control at St James' Park this autumn.

Although two consortiums remain interested in buying Newcastle for a figure close to the £100m asking price and others hover in the background, the due diligence process is understood to have exposed troubling facts about the club's financial liabilities. "The process is moving extremely slowly, there is still genuine hope of a sale but it's not looking imminent," said the source. "Newcastle comes with a lot of baggage."

Ashley's problem is that once the transfer window closes at the end of August interested parties are likely to postpone any purchase until shortly before it opens again in January or even next summer. Football clubs are rarely sold outside transfer windows and Newcastle's would-be buyers are believed to be concerned about the club's wage bill. That stands at around £65m per annum and is proving a stumbling block.

While paying £100m for Newcastle could prove a sound investment if the club bounces straight back to the Premier League, a second season in the Championship would be a huge drain on resources.

Though Newcastle could offload some high earners such as Obafemi Martins, Joey Barton and Fabricio Coloccini this close season, realistically any moves are likely to be completed only if the club continue paying a portion of their former players' wages. When Leeds United sold Robbie Fowler to Manchester City Elland Road kept on meeting a sizable percentage of his salary and a source close to Newcastle admitted: "The fear is we could end up in a worse financial mess than Leeds did."

Ashley, who has retreated from the public eye in recent weeks, is consequently faced with the unpalatable prospect of continuing as owner or taking a huge financial loss by offering Newcastle at a rock bottom price for a quick sale.

While he attempts to find a buyer, Ashley has resolutely refused to appoint a manager, leaving Newcastle under the caretaker charge of Chris Hughton. Alan Shearer is waiting in the wings and hopes to return to the manager's office but he would almost certainly demand that Ashley invest in players suited to the rigors of a Championship campaign.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have been dealt a blow by the Football Association, which has ordered the club to scrap their pre-season friendly at Utrecht. With their north-east rivals Sunderland due to play in the Amsterdam tournament 30 miles away on Sunday 26 July police in the Netherlands and Britain had feared there would be clashes between traveling supporters. Since Sunderland had already sold tickets for the event the Wear siders have been cleared to play by the FA.

There remains unrest among Newcastle's players, several of whom are threatening to submit transfer requests next week. "We want a manager and a bit of stability," said the center-half Steven Taylor. "We need that, at the moment we don't know what's going on."

Such sentiments were echoed by Kevin Nolan. "We would prefer to know whether Mike Ashley is going to keep [Newcastle] or someone else is coming in," said the midfielder. "In the next week we certainly want to know what is going to happen. This situation is unfair on the players and the staff."

When Habib goes it'll be the straw that broke the Camels back for me. I honestly wouldn't give a s*** what happens to Ashley after that.

do you now?

Well aye, there's some limits. When Beye goes, those limits wont exist.

for me, those limits haven't existed for several months now. if anything bad happens to him, so be it.

Honestly, just about had enough now. But what can we do? Nowt. MA has us over a barrel, the fat cunt. Fancy a bit of personal revenge, tbh: can no one found out anything unseemly about this fella?

Guest iliketoonarmy

What Ashley is doing now is just his revenge on the fans. He hates the feeling of dropping from hero to zero.

Imo if he wants to sell the club, he would still choose the worst buyers and enjoy seeing the club dying slowly.

All he deserves now is death.

What Ashley is doing now is just his revenge on the fans. He hates the feeling of dropping from hero to zero.

Imo if he wants to sell the club, he would still choose the worst buyers and enjoy seeing the club dying slowly.

:lol:

Guest iliketoonarmy

:lol:

I know it's rude but it's my feeling for the fat cunt ;(

I have always said it was 'personal' for Ashley, he HATES what we did to him (as he sees it) over the DoF / Keegan affair.  I used to get told I was mad for thinking and saying that / for being so stupid and melodramatic (things 'like that' just don't happen!!)

However, an elementary study of people-types (psychology) shows Ashley to be like that  -  and he will NOT CARE about any financial cost to him, at all.

HE has all the power (we the supporters, and the club itself, have NONE).

What does it feel like to be turned over and sha**ed - to DEATH - big time?

Get used to it (if we even survive).

Guest Gemmill

I don't know why anyone's even worried.  Ashley has set the club up for stability and long term improvement.  Someone on here told me that, so let's just chill the fuck out eh.

Honestly, just about had enough now. But what can we do? Nowt. MA has us over a barrel, the fat c***. Fancy a bit of personal revenge, tbh: can no one found out anything unseemly about this fella?

I heard a rumour Ashley is overweight. 

Has anybody tried calling him a fat cunt?

I don't know why anyone's even worried.  Ashley has set the club up for stability and long term improvement.  Someone on here told me that, so let's just chill the f*** out eh.

Phew thank fuck for that, I was starting to get worried :pow:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Part of me wants Ashley to carry on next year then at least some stability will be in place (albeit until the next crisis)

The sensible side of me still wants the fat cunt out!

It's just driving me crazy now, it's boiling my bloody even thinking about it.

There is clearly something not right with the clubs books because this should have been resolved by now, I think we may be in more of a mess than some people think.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Part of me wants Ashley to carry on next year then at least some stability will be in place (albeit until the next crisis)

The sensible side of me still wants the fat c*** out!

Personally I think having MA in charge of us next season would be a travesty and would further wreck our clubs moral. I still think he will sell but not until a week before the season is due to begin.

We all hate what's going on, but it's ridiculous to suggest Ashley is running a major asset of his into the ground on purpose, just to spite a few Geordies. He's incompetent, naive, incapable of running a football club, but I'm sure he wants out ASAP.