RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Keith Harris must have some input into it, and given the fact that he is a football man, surely he would advise Ashley appropriately.

I know the groups had to prove they had funds, but could this have been what Llabia was alluding to when he said that they had had bids. And to bid wouldnt they have had to go through all of the due diligence prior to bidding, hence seeing all the aforementioned skeletons in the closet. If they werent happy, why bid?

So frustratingly confusing

Keith Harris must have some input into it, and given the fact that he is a football man, surely he would advise Ashley appropriately.

I know the groups had to prove they had funds, but could this have been what Llabia was alluding to when he said that they had had bids. And to bid wouldnt they have had to go through all of the due diligence prior to bidding, hence seeing all the aforementioned skeletons in the closet. If they werent happy, why bid?

That post is based on the premiss that Llambiarse was actually telling the truth when he said that the asking price had been met. Personally I wouldn't believe a word that gobshite spouts, and I'm convinced that no one in their right mind would give Ashley £100 million for the club, why should they?

The price is going to plummet when the season starts and we can't buy a point, the fans and players revolt, and the media tear at the carcass of a once great club.

Last time rumours went around about the sale not progressing well (the 'four more weeks' stuff), Llambias came out soon after to give those comments. At least this may prompt him to give us an update.

Not that I trust a word he says either. :laugh:

I think there seems to be an impasse between Ashley and these 2 bidders so he's trawling for other buyers, hence these Austrians and Irish coming out of the woodwork, whether that's to encourage the first two to pay what he wants or simply because he thinks they may pay more. Because of the so called "baggage" the first two are obviously trying to lower their price and so a standoff is happening and the poker game is on. As Ashley can't see past his nose though he doesnt seem to realise he's going to have to put his hand deeper in his pocket if the bidders walk away. JFK here we come.

So I go on holiday for a couple of weeks, expecting to come back to some sort of progress if not resolution. Ubelievable really that we are no further forward than we were before the end of June.

We said back then that July 1st was a line in the sand, we've gone way beyond that now, the club looks in serious trouble with only 25 days to the start of the season, no interested owner, no manager, an incomptent caretaker, last season's players and last season's wage bill.

This club is dying, it's a slow lingering death. Is anyone brave enough to pout their lips and administer the kiss of life ?

The problem is the longer it drags on, the less any buyer will be willing to pay due to the amount of work involved in a shorter timeframe and the increased risk of not coming straight back up. If Ashley won't accept less there's a real danger that we simply come to a stalemate. Ashley clearly misjudged just how interested people would be in the initial £100m price tag, thinking someone would quickly snap it up.

We're probably close to the point at which Freddy Shepherd's £60m bid starts looking interesting...

The club's prettty much fucked really - we have three and a half weeks left to the start of the season with no real owner, no manager, the players that wanted to stay are getting to the point where they want to fuck off, we have to get rid of overpaid wankers and bring in a just about a brand new squad in a little over a month.

Not looking forward to seeing th RELEGATIONOMETER on the first page again next season, but if things don't get sorted soon it could well be.  Sell up you fat fucker!!!!

Guest Mantis

The club's prettty much f***ed really - we have three and a half weeks left to the start of the season with no real owner, no manager, the players that wanted to stay are getting to the point where they want to f*** off, we have to get rid of overpaid wankers and bring in a just about a brand new squad in a little over a month.

Not looking forward to seeing th RELEGATIONOMETER on the first page again next season, but if things don't get sorted soon it could well be.  Sell up you fat fucker!!!!

:clap:

The Guardian piece is worrying, even taking into account who it is written by. For me, the longer this goes on without the club being sold - the more realistic the proposition that Ashley will be unable to sell and we'll have Kinnear back in charge of whatever is left of the first team and a bunch of kids/reserves. We could be in for a very long 4-5 years - ala Leeds United.

Guest dazzanufc1892

I think it is time to make another protest. The least we want is no matter what we have to hire Shearer. This thing is so scary and we can't affored any more to sit and watch....

FFS do u morons never learn, thats the reason we are in this position.

Lets keep our mouths shut, like at every other club, and not be a laughing stock who the press get their kicks from. Nothing worse than 14 yr old losers hyped on up WKD chanting whatever sky ask them to.

ask yourself, if you were a new owner, and saw that chav'd up mob protesting outside the club, would you buy it?

:facepalm:

I think it is time to make another protest. The least we want is no matter what we have to hire Shearer. This thing is so scary and we can't affored any more to sit and watch....

aye, thats the way, protest again.

fuck me man.

FFS do u morons never learn, thats the reason we are in this position.

Lets keep our mouths shut, like at every other club, and not be a laughing stock who the press get their kicks from. Nothing worse than 14 yr old losers hyped on up WKD chanting whatever sky ask them to.

ask yourself, if you were a new owner, and saw that chav'd up mob protesting outside the club, would you buy it?

:facepalm:

Man Utd and Liverpool fans keep their mouths shut? Righto.

5live were talking about this tonight and seemed to think nothing would be happening anytime soon. 

If the players did start handing transfer requests, Ashley would be delighted as then he would not have to pay their loyalty bonuses and fans could not complain because they had asked to leave.

5live were talking about this tonight and seemed to think nothing would be happening anytime soon. 

If the players did start handing transfer requests, Ashley would be delighted as then he would not have to pay their loyalty bonuses and fans could not complain because they had asked to leave.

Yup. Its a win win for Ashley.

Why would they be asking to leave though? It wouldn't be down to relegation, it'd be down to him being a complete cunt and pissing around with the sale of the club.