RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObaStar

Just called the club pretending to be a reporter for ESPN America and they confirmed 3 o'clock press conference.

Guest dazzanufc1892

fuk me im going off mcmahon

if hes this vocal already, i dread that he may turn into a shepherd

Sounds like he's stepping up the pressure on Ashley and trying to get the fans on his side. Makes me think that the offer is less than what Ashley wants and he is trying to force his hand.

Guest toonlass

Wonder why the press don't ask Llambias what has happened to the "more than two bids" that were over £100 million? We all know they are a load of shite, but I would love to hear what Llambias has to say about them.

Guest icemanblue

This really does need sorting we cant plan for next season untill either club is sold.

That's a really good point! Quick, you need to let them know!!

This really does need sorting we cant plan for next season untill either club is sold.

don't worry, theres a petition!

Guest icemanblue

don't worry, theres a petition!

:lol:

All is saved!

I reckon the profitable group will likely end up with the club. My gut feeling is that they won't be in it for the long haul though.

As they are an investment company, they will be looking for a return on their investment. I reckon they'll buy us, look to get promotion within the first year, or perhaps budget for a second year with the calamity that Ashley has created. This will likely take modest investment, along with monies recouped from transfer fees of the big earners (Collocini, Martins etc)

Phase 2 of their plan would probably be for a reasonable investment on the playing side of the club, aiming for a finish in the top ten within two seasons back in the premiership. With this achieved they would look to sell the club lock stock and barrel for a princely return ontheir investment. If they can get the club for £70M and inject the same amount over 3-4 years they could probably look to make the same £70M in profit.

I reckon the obvious sticking point is the cash. They've offered this alleged £70M which is short of Ashley's asking price. This probably includes taking on the OD and liabilities (outstanding transfer fees), but won't take into account the £100M "loan" given to the club by Ashley. I think it's fair to say he's going to lose that.

Of course a lot has been said about the profitable group's interest in property development etc, but the land owned by the club is likely worth a few bob given the science park development across the road, and we may see some plans they have for this. Once back in the premiership, they may even plan to extend the gallowgate end as this would add to the club's value.

They may even be interested in developing land to enhance the prospects of the 2018 world cup bid, as they could earn money off the back of that too. As an investment company they will look to make money from us for sure, and if they were here for the long haul I'm sure they would be hawking us around as some kind of marketing tool (You can just see Shearer in the ads having a cup of tea with Macca and Robbo!!), and not only will this increase their revenue, but I'm sure they would hope owning an established English Football Club would enhance their reputation as well. It's been said hundreds of times you can't make money from a successful football club, but you could make money off the back of one.

Getting the club for £70M would be a cracking bit of business for them. Ashley could have got £200M when we were languishing in the bottom half last year. A bit of a cull, investment and new ideas all over the business from people who know about the sport would do us the world of good. There have been quotes attributed to McMahon saying they won't be "doing a Man City", but look at the premiership and there's only really Chelsea and Man U(to an extent) that could match this. It would be fab if that had of been us, but what happens when the bubble bursts and the Russians and Arabs take their money away. The business model at both clubs would be unsustainable. Man U are up to their necks in debt and should be ok as they are managing to service their debts from their huge turnover. One possible issue for them could be the post Ferguson effect. One wrong managerial choice which sees them finish outside the top two regularly, or even the top four would be disastrous.

Things happen in spikes, and just like Liverpool dominated in the 80's, their bubble burst. Back then there wasn't as much money at stake and Liverpool had a few finishes outside the top 6. If that happened at Man U now because of the money involved and their debt it would be very very difficult. I'm not saying let's run the club similarly to Ashley, but with open honest management of where the club is going, a man who we can trust such as Shearer at the helm and some entertainment we'd be happy with year on year improvement. At the end of the day going to a match as painful as it has been in recent times is about being entertained.

Problem is I thought they only showed farces in the Theatre!!

I dunno, I don't think you can really buy a football club as a proper business investment, surely making a profit is almost impossible?

Mebbe it's me being simple, but isn't it quite feasible to buy us at this knockdown price, get us promoted this season and get us sustained in the Premier League and watch our value go up?

I dont have a massive hard on for PG either, we know nothing of these jackies.  They may turn out to be a complete waste fo space and we end up even further in the shyte.

Quotes from McMahon

McMahon said today from the Far East: "We would certainly be looking to keep Alan.

"He would be a major draw for players to the club and for the supporters.

"Shearer is part of the future for Newcastle if we acquire it.''

Yet McMahon says progress on the sale has been slow.

He said: "We need something to happen very, very quickly, for Newcastle supporters, and for the players.

"The season is only two or three weeks away for the Championship to start. We urgently need something to happen, and we're trying to make that happen.

"I would imagine this week is crucial. If we don't hear anything back by the end of the week, it doesn't look hopeful.''

It is understood that United have not reached £100million but McMahon said: "A hundred million is difficult.

"We've just offered what we believe is the value of the club.

"He's lost a lot of money on it, but he was there when Newcastle needed him. OK, it hasn't worked out for him as a business, but we don't intend to steal it off him, that's for sure.''

Source: Chronicle

Problem is, I can see Ashley looking at our pre-season results so far and knocking back the bids thinking it'll be easy to get us back up where he can sell up for much more.

Yes, I think he's that stupid and indignant.

Quotes from McMahon

McMahon said today from the Far East: "We would certainly be looking to keep Alan.

"He would be a major draw for players to the club and for the supporters.

"Shearer is part of the future for Newcastle if we acquire it.''

Yet McMahon says progress on the sale has been slow.

He said: "We need something to happen very, very quickly, for Newcastle supporters, and for the players.

"The season is only two or three weeks away for the Championship to start. We urgently need something to happen, and we're trying to make that happen.

"I would imagine this week is crucial. If we don't hear anything back by the end of the week, it doesn't look hopeful.''

It is understood that United have not reached £100million but McMahon said: "A hundred million is difficult.

"We've just offered what we believe is the value of the club.

"He's lost a lot of money on it, but he was there when Newcastle needed him. OK, it hasn't worked out for him as a business, but we don't intend to steal it off him, that's for sure.''

Source: Chronicle

I wonder how much they offered.  Fat man must be really pissed off now, all that penny pinching has done him no good.

I wish him a life time of eating cold pot noddles.

Problem is, I can see Ashley looking at our pre-season results so far and knocking back the bids thinking it'll be easy to get us back up where he can sell up for much more.

With Shola in this sort of form we're pretty much nailed on for promotion anyway, don't panic.

With Shola in this sort of form we're pretty much nailed on for promotion anyway, don't panic.

He'll get an improved contract.