RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

still 18 days till we start, good time to be takenover, get a new manager, new players, get them to play well together, and go on a succesful start!

hurry up and sell it !

Guest Roger Kint

When Lyingarse said at least two bids of £100m its almost certain that the £100m included the overdraft which is actually £40m.

Nah.

It's clear MA wants 100m for his pocket.

Why say Nah then agree? The fact the bids havent been finalised clearly shows that they werent enough :idiot2:

199 pages and still nothing..... Also, this group that's talking up their interest, if they are interested and have made a bid, then surely they would have signed the confidentiality agreement, meaning the cannot speak to anyone about it!

It's all doing my f* head in to be honest and I sick of hearing quotes from McMahon. It's like listening to Shepherd ffs!

Maybe this profitable are fake and a bunch of chancers but at least they are exposing the laurel and hardy act for the lying c***s that they are...... 

2 bids of 100m???

They don't want to sell that's my opinion.

My latest reading of the fiasco.

The PG are in it for the publicity that much is clear. They are piggy backing perhaps a very small bid 30-40m (although imo this is a fair bid for the club in the state that it's in).

The other bid is 60m from FFS. For many reasons and some not logical I think MA will rather shoot himself in the arse than accept a bid from FFS (although it might get to a stage of panic where he might  :aww:).

One sign that is glaring is not letting the high payers leave. What could this mean? Well it means two things, the first being they are being inc as assets in the ridiculously high window price and secondly MA can't be paying them (hence his relaxed stance on selling...The money is coming from the overdraft). You see the overdraft will  land on the plates of the buyers.

Has anybody actually bid 100m?

Can't see it meself or MA would have been long gone.

The rumour which I think is closest to the truth is that there are hidden costs and the window price of 100m is only a starting point. If MA is not writing off the debt of 110m the club will never sell.

Darkness awaits.

If MA is playing the game of letting the overdraft pay in the meantime that is downright stupid. Overdrafts have limits and what is going to happen when that is reached ? Cash will have to be injected or go into administration !!  I don't think he will get much back on that basis and no-one will buy the club unless there is a transfer window in sight. Anyhow as someone else has said we don't actually know what is going on. I

When Lyingarse said at least two bids of £100m its almost certain that the £100m included the overdraft which is actually £40m.

Nah.

Why say Nah then agree? The fact the bids havent been finalised clearly shows that they werent enough :idiot2:

I'm saying the 100m doesn't inc the overdraft.

199 pages and still nothing..... Also, this group that's talking up their interest, if they are interested and have made a bid, then surely they would have signed the confidentiality agreement, meaning the cannot speak to anyone about it!

It's all doing my f* head in to be honest and I sick of hearing quotes from McMahon. It's like listening to Shepherd ffs!

Maybe this profitable are fake and a bunch of chancers but at least they are exposing the laurel and hardy act for the lying c***s that they are...... 

2 bids of 100m???

They don't want to sell that's my opinion.

My latest reading of the fiasco.

The PG are in it for the publicity that much is clear. They are piggy backing perhaps a very small bid 30-40m (although imo this is a fair bid for the club in the state that it's in).

The other bid is 60m from FFS. For many reasons and some not logical I think MA will rather shoot himself in the arse than accept a bid from FFS (although it might get to a stage of panic where he might  :aww:).

One sign that is glaring is not letting the high payers leave. What could this mean? Well it means two things, the first being they are being inc as assets in the ridiculously high window price and secondly MA can't be paying them (hence his relaxed stance on selling...The money is coming from the overdraft). You see the overdraft will  land on the plates of the buyers.

Has anybody actually bid 100m?

Can't see it meself or MA would have been long gone.

The rumour which I think is closest to the truth is that there are hidden costs and the window price of 100m is only a starting point. If MA is not writing off the debt of 110m the club will never sell.

Darkness awaits.

If MA is playing the game of letting the overdraft pay in the meantime that is downright stupid. Overdrafts have limits and what is going to happen when that is reached ? Cash will have to be injected or go into administration !!  I don't think he will get much back on that basis and no-one will buy the club unless there is a transfer window in sight. Anyhow as someone else has said we don't actually know what is going on. I

That's why I think there are bids of sorts in the air. He won't worry about the overdraft till we reach the zero sum game....Get out or stay in.

Guest Roger Kint

Nah.

FFS so am I! Am saying when Llambias claimed more than 3 bids he was refferring to ones under £100 plus the overdraft meaning the total was over £100m but clearly a long way under what they wanted. Jesus it was pretty obvious what i meant :facepalm:

Nah.

FFS so am I! Am saying when Llambias claimed more than 3 bids he was refferring to ones under £100 plus the overdraft meaning the total was over £100m but clearly a long way under what they wanted. Jesus it was pretty obvious what i meant :facepalm:

Sorry.  :cheesy:

Really pisses me off Ashley didn't just hold his hands up at the end of the season, apologize and promise to get us straight back up. Instead the snivelling bastard does a runner leaving us in the shit. Well a runner would be nice, it's more like a roll along.

Really do believe if he had taken Shearer on FT and gave him some money (nothing flash, just enough to manoeuvre) to rearrange the club we'd be nailed on to come straight back up and Ashley to receive the clubs full worth next year when were back in the prem if he wanted to sell. He doesn't need to do anything other than wait. What's a year? He got a terminal illness like? Tell you a man who has and its a sickener he's having to watch what could be his final season as the club he loves and the club he spent so much time sorting out turning in to the biggest joke football has ever witnessed since it began.

I simply do not understand Ashley and his business skills; somehow he manages to do everything wrong. He must be one lucky cunt to get where he was today; glad his empire of shite and fluky-ness is falling down around him, just wish we weren't part of it all.

What a fuking cock end he is.

Absolutely spot on. :thup:

It's not like people were rioting again when we went down. So the wage bill is a massive problem - fucking sell them then!

He's just got a ridiculously good record of fucking everything up here, it's bonkers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/21/hughton-may-lead-toon-into-new-season-72703-24203665/

NEWCASTLE United players have been told to expect caretaker boss Chris Hughton to be in charge for the first game of the season against West Brom on August 8.

And when we approached the current United regime and investment bankers Seymour Pierce for answers regarding the future of the club today the response was a deathly hush.

The Chronicle understands that former Spurs man Hughton looks certain to be in charge of the Magpies for the start of their Championship campaign.

A Toon insider said today: “The players have obviously been asking questions about just what on earth is going on with the takeover.

“Like everybody else, they have been told it is work in progress.

“But a lot of them are concerned that the season is only just around the corner and the club has actually gone backwards since the last day of the season at Aston Villa because they have lost Alan Shearer.

“It seems to translate to them that there is nothing happening behind the scenes.

“They have also been told that Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are more than likely to be in charge for the first few games of the season.”

Awesome.

Really pisses me off Ashley didn't just hold his hands up at the end of the season, apologize and promise to get us straight back up. Instead the snivelling b****** does a runner leaving us in the s***. Well a runner would be nice, it's more like a roll along.

Really do believe if he had taken Shearer on FT and gave him some money (nothing flash, just enough to manoeuvre) to rearrange the club we'd be nailed on to come straight back up and Ashley to receive the clubs full worth next year when were back in the prem if he wanted to sell. He doesn't need to do anything other than wait. What's a year? He got a terminal illness like? Tell you a man who has and its a sickener he's having to watch what could be his final season as the club he loves and the club he spent so much time sorting out turning in to the biggest joke football has ever witnessed since it began.

I simply do not understand Ashley and his business skills; somehow he manages to do everything wrong. He must be one lucky c*** to get where he was today; glad his empire of s**** and fluky-ness is falling down around him, just wish we weren't part of it all.

What a fuking cock end he is.

:clap:

Really pisses me off Ashley didn't just hold his hands up at the end of the season, apologize and promise to get us straight back up. Instead the snivelling bastard does a runner leaving us in the shit. Well a runner would be nice, it's more like a roll along.

Agree with the rest but thought I'd expand on this, as when we went down he seemingly wanted to stick around and get us back up; it was only a week or two later that his arse fell out and he bottled it. He must have been completely clueless as to what the Championship is, most likely Shearer explaining it all to him was what made him give up (again).

Absolutely spot on. :thup:

It's not like people were rioting again when we went down. So the wage bill is a massive problem - fucking sell them then!

He's just got a ridiculously good record of fucking everything up here, it's bonkers.

...and yet we search everyday for some reason in all his madness.

Me thinking he might sell them and pocket the money seems wishful now. Strangeness like I've never seen it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/21/hughton-may-lead-toon-into-new-season-72703-24203665/

NEWCASTLE United players have been told to expect caretaker boss Chris Hughton to be in charge for the first game of the season against West Brom on August 8.

And when we approached the current United regime and investment bankers Seymour Pierce for answers regarding the future of the club today the response was a deathly hush.

The Chronicle understands that former Spurs man Hughton looks certain to be in charge of the Magpies for the start of their Championship campaign.

A Toon insider said today: “The players have obviously been asking questions about just what on earth is going on with the takeover.

“Like everybody else, they have been told it is work in progress.

“But a lot of them are concerned that the season is only just around the corner and the club has actually gone backwards since the last day of the season at Aston Villa because they have lost Alan Shearer.

“It seems to translate to them that there is nothing happening behind the scenes.

“They have also been told that Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are more than likely to be in charge for the first few games of the season.”

Awesome.

Bunch of fucking imbeciles. All the players will be up for it come the start of the season. Is this cunt for real? It's starting to look like he wants to fuck this club up to the point of no return. Oh well, biggest ground in League 1 ever............

Thing is, we've had the Dublin training camp and after tonight we're halfway through our pre-season schedule. A manager should be thinking about players, formations, systems, ideas by now, not just basic fitness.

Even if they told Hughton and Calderwood they were definitely going to be in charge for the foreseeable future, they can hardly make plans when there's no clue as to who of the squad is even going to be around for the start of the season.

Absolute madness. If the sale isn't going through any time soon then we need to start functioning like a football club again as soon as possible; we can't just keep hanging on.