RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't belive he got to where he has in life...........

Amazing!!! :dave:

I thought one of the virtues of capitalism was that there were no rewards for failure or incompetence. Ashley is either an exception which proves the rule or something that demonstrates that's a load of bollocks.

Every virtue of an "-ism", from communism to capitalism, is only applicable in its purest form.  Britain is hardly that. 

Ashley, however, remains a gigantic twat. 

Some slightly different quotes again:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/McMahon-says-time-is-against.5476965.jp

"The mess is the attraction – that's what makes it viable. If we can clean the mess up and run it properly and run it as a business and get the contracts in hand and be realistic, there lies the issue for us and we think we can do that," he said. "We've made an offer, we're waiting for Newcastle's response but we're hopeful, we're trying our best to make this happen," he said. "It's got to be in the near future, I would imagine this week would be crucial. If we don't hear anything back by the end of the week, it doesn't look hopeful. It needs something to happen very, very quickly for the Newcastle supporters, for the players and we're trying to make that happen.

"We can only make the offer that we believe is right, we've done our homework, our due diligence, the funds are in place and we've done our best to try and get the club.

"We have made a very serious and genuine offer, we are just hoping we hear something soon."

Some slightly different quotes again:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/McMahon-says-time-is-against.5476965.jp

"The mess is the attraction – that's what makes it viable. If we can clean the mess up and run it properly and run it as a business and get the contracts in hand and be realistic, there lies the issue for us and we think we can do that," he said. "We've made an offer, we're waiting for Newcastle's response but we're hopeful, we're trying our best to make this happen," he said. "It's got to be in the near future, I would imagine this week would be crucial. If we don't hear anything back by the end of the week, it doesn't look hopeful. It needs something to happen very, very quickly for the Newcastle supporters, for the players and we're trying to make that happen.

"We can only make the offer that we believe is right, we've done our homework, our due diligence, the funds are in place and we've done our best to try and get the club.

"We have made a very serious and genuine offer, we are just hoping we hear something soon."

That bit you highlighted is the bit that concerns me , i dont know but imho it makes me feel un easy .

I think this football people given a chance to own this club won't appoint Roeder a head of Martin O'neil. In my opinion the second most stupid Decision FFS made after the Bobby left...

You been drinking again?

I think Harris broker good deal for Aston Villa and Man City in the past. Last fall because of the economic crunch our chances collapsed. I also belive the asking price of 100 mil is too high. Ashley got this club two years ego with all the potential and Premier league football for 134 mil. Now with all his stinkey job we relgated and the club is in lots of trouble. with wages and all other burdons for him to excpect only 34 mil loss on us is very unrealistic.

If the club have some sort of trust with the help of the city this guy should be sued for all his action. Not only he killed us in the past two years he is deeping our grave now by not putting realistic price on the club and not to put a manger in.

Are you typing your posts out in Microsoft Word before you post them?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/21/money-s-on-table-insists-mcmahon-61634-24200033/

No end in sight according the Journal. Oh well the Chronicle will likely have us sold at the weekend. Says in the article that the profitable group haven't proved they have the money. Wonder why they were allowed to do due diligence then? Hmmm.........

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Yep just read that myself and well my heart sank!! :facepalm: I don't think Ashley wants to sell the club at all, but I think he's trying to drive us down even further, ignoring any offers for the club....

Some one is not telling the truth and I can't believe the newcastle board at all...........Oh dear  ???

Ashley's sale of the club appears to be following a similar pattern to his ownership of Newcastle; basically limp along aimlessly, hoping for the best outcome in the end. It's clear there are buyers at the right price, the only question is whether fattie is prepared to swallow his losses and scuttle off for good. I'm still waiting to see if the hapless buffoon will price himself out of a sale and end up lumbered with a football club 300 miles away from his foxhole.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

The source from the Journal says that the profitable group have yet to prove they have the funds however Mcmahon claims to have already done due diligence!!!!

Didn't you have to prove the funds were in place before you had access to that virtual room containing the clubs books????

Confused..................... :dave:

199 pages and still nothing..... Also, this group that's talking up their interest, if they are interested and have made a bid, then surely they would have signed the confidentiality agreement, meaning the cannot speak to anyone about it!

It's all doing my f* head in to be honest and I sick of hearing quotes from McMahon. It's like listening to Shepherd ffs!

The Profitable Group are probably chancers.  It all just doesn't add up, non-disclosure agreements etc.  I know people have been saying that they don't prevent you from discussing generic issues.  However, Fat Fred is generally accepted as being a real contender and if he was allowed to speak he'd be mouthing off all over the show.  Then add in the shady business dealings of Profitable and these assertions made to the Journal and it seems that they are just self serving opportunists.

It's. All. Shit.

One paper contradicts another shocker. Llambias says we've had at least 2 bids over £100m but was quoted at the weekend as saying it would be sold to the first "past the post."

The Journal doesn't know, The Chronicle doesn't know, Caulkin doesn't know, nufc.com don't know, Skirge doesn't know, I don't even think Llambias knows. We're just mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed the shite. The players have been on record saying they don't know what's going on, at the weekend Hughton said on his SSN interview something like "it could be one day, it could be 5 days," and for a brief moment I thought, hold on, he's left qutie a small gap between those two eventualities, maybe something will this week. Then I remembered that nothing ever happens, it's July 21st and we have sweet fuck all.

Spot on Duff11.

Sadly I think it means there's simply nobody interested. Some groups might have some cheap bids in but I think it's obvious Ashley won't entertain them.

What a lying cunt Llambias is btw. Not that we didn't know of course.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

199 pages and still nothing..... Also, this group that's talking up their interest, if they are interested and have made a bid, then surely they would have signed the confidentiality agreement, meaning the cannot speak to anyone about it!

It's all doing my f* head in to be honest and I sick of hearing quotes from McMahon. It's like listening to Shepherd ffs!

Maybe this profitable are fake and a bunch of chancers but at least they are exposing the laurel and hardy act for the lying c***s that they are...... 

2 bids of 100m???

They don't want to sell that's my opinion.

Mike Ashley has until Friday to consider a bid for Newcastle United

A bid to buy Newcastle could collapse unless owner Mike Ashley accepts it by Friday.

And the club being such a shambles is what makes it attractive to investors, according to the man heading a takeover attempt.

The relegated Magpies are in turmoil with no permanent manager, no transfer activity and the start of their Championship campaign less than three weeks away.

Profitable Group commercial director Steve McMahon admitted time was running out for the Singapore-based investment group, who rate the club at less than the £100million wanted by Ashley.

"We've made an offer, we're waiting for Newcastle's response but we're hopeful," said the former Liverpool player. "We're trying our best to make this happen.

"It's got to be in the near future, I'd imagine this week would be crucial. If we don't hear anything by the end of the week, it doesn't look hopeful.

"It needs something to happen very, very quickly for the fans and the players.

"We can only make the offer we believe is right. We've done our homework, our due diligence, the funds are in place. We've made a very serious and genuine offer.

"We're not looking to steal the club off Mike Ashley. We've offered what we believe is the value of the club."

With other bidders interested, McMahon added: "The mess is the attraction - that's what makes it viable.

"The issue for us is whether we can clean up the mess and run the club properly, run it as a business and get the contracts in hand and be realistic. We think we can do that."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/21/mike-ashley-has-until-friday-to-consider-a-bid-for-newcastle-united-115875-21536335/

Maybe this profitable are fake and a bunch of chancers but at least they are exposing the laurel and hardy act for the lying c***s that they are...... 

2 bids of 100m???

They don't want to sell that's my opinion.

My latest reading of the fiasco.

The PG are in it for the publicity that much is clear. They are piggy backing perhaps a very small bid 30-40m (although imo this is a fair bid for the club in the state that it's in).

The other bid is 60m from FFS. For many reasons and some not logical I think MA will rather shoot himself in the arse than accept a bid from FFS (although it might get to a stage of panic where he might  :aww:).

One sign that is glaring is not letting the high payers leave. What could this mean? Well it means two things, the first being they are being inc as assets in the ridiculously high window price and secondly MA can't be paying them (hence his relaxed stance on selling...The money is coming from the overdraft). You see the overdraft will  land on the plates of the buyers.

Has anybody actually bid 100m?

Can't see it meself or MA would have been long gone.

The rumour which I think is closest to the truth is that there are hidden costs and the window price of 100m is only a starting point. If MA is not writing off the debt of 110m the club will never sell.

Darkness awaits.

The Profitable Group are probably chancers.  It all just doesn't add up, non-disclosure agreements etc.  I know people have been saying that they don't prevent you from discussing generic issues.  However, Fat Fred is generally accepted as being a real contender and if he was allowed to speak he'd be mouthing off all over the show.  Then add in the shady business dealings of Profitable and these assertions made to the Journal and it seems that they are just self serving opportunists.

That's a bit rich coming from you Stevie Mc  :rolleyes:

Guest Roger Kint

When Lyingarse said at least two bids of £100m its almost certain that the £100m included the overdraft which is actually £40m.

When Lyingarse said at least two bids of £100m its almost certain that the £100m included the overdraft which is actually £40m.

Nah.

It's clear MA wants 100m for his pocket.