RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are we really now supposed to believe Ashley is a generous guy who will ignore a real offer from someone else to allow his mate to come up with the money? :nope:  He'd hit Moat with a shovel and bury him in the center circle if it meant getting £100m for the club.

;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

So in general:

Big Mike has agreed to sell to his mate so long as he comes up with the cash soonish, chum buddy compadre fails to raise the cash so gets more time. in the mean time a few other bids surface from americans and fanbase 90210  but instead of being rude and rejecting them they string them along just incase MOAT cant get the cash this time of 2020. why doesnt he or his muppet derek come out and say that moat is his preferred purchaser instead of pissing everyone about???? :angry:

I think you could be pretty close

About this close?

http://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5150515/2/istockphoto_5150515-off-target.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH8KH2oPXvj6XP2lmvkXN8db54zYw

Hes give Moat a very public deadline extension. This has been the only official deadline set. I think it is reasonable to assume that he will give Moat a reasonable length of time 7-10 days to sort the overdraft out. If Moat fails to get the funds MA will move on

Guest The_Scoreboard

Hes give Moat a very public deadline extension. This has been the only official deadline set. I think it is reasonable to assume that he will give Moat a reasonable length of time 7-10 days to sort the overdraft out. If Moat fails to get the funds MA will move on

I was under the impression he has had lots of deadlines.

So in general:

Big Mike has agreed to sell to his mate so long as he comes up with the cash soonish, chum buddy compadre fails to raise the cash so gets more time. in the mean time a few other bids surface from americans and fanbase 90210  but instead of being rude and rejecting them they string them along just incase MOAT cant get the cash this time of 2020. why doesnt he or his muppet derek come out and say that moat is his preferred purchaser instead of pissing everyone about???? :angry:

I think you could be pretty close

About this close?

http://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5150515/2/istockphoto_5150515-off-target.jpg&usg=AFQjCNH8KH2oPXvj6XP2lmvkXN8db54zYw

Well Ashley would be silly to say to Moat "sorry, someone else said they want to buy and so far they haven't had to ask for an extension on any deadlines I've given them, good bye" the second another party expresses an interest.  He is of course going to allow Moat time incase the new interested party pulls out or falls through.  You don't burn your bridges in this manner or for no reason, but the facts and timing of this doens't mean what some people are assuming imo.

Moat needs time and money, anyone can out bid him or simply beat him to the punch.  He isn't going to stop a new bid just because Ashley "likes" Moat.  And what evidence is there that he "likes" Moat? I'm sure Ashley likes anyone who says "I have £100m to spend, do you have a football club for sale sir?"

Guest sicko2ndbest

I was under the impression he has had lots of deadlines.

only 1 public deadline as far as i am aware

Aye, we are ok for now, but we cannot afford to not have a new owner by next summer. I'd hate January to come round with us worrying about players leaving and not being able to buy again. Would be fucking great if we can keep our good form up and go into the January window with a new owner and some money to spend which could improve us further.

I think the chance of Ashley sticking around in one form or another might have increased due to our performances.  There is nothing better than winning.  He might be starting to get a buzz about the place again.  He does seem to be enjoying his time at the matches. 

Saying that though he has painted himself in a corner with doing the for sale / not for sale routine before.  Maybe the only way he can stay and save face is the partnership with Moat.

Not good news. Has this club actually ever been up for sale - really? Ashley has mucked us all about and still is. Shows he has nothing but contempt for us ultimately. I'm surprised Seymour Pierce are still in bed with him over this - they must be charging him a bloody fortune.

Not good news. Has this club actually ever been up for sale - really? Ashley has mucked us all about and still is. Shows he has nothing but contempt for us ultimately. I'm surprised Seymour Pierce are still in bed with him over this - they must be charging him a bloody fortune.

Surely they are only paid decently if they manage to do their jobs, i.e. sell the club?

For the first time in a while, I am actually looking forward to putting this to the back of my mind in favour of the actual football.

The playing side of things has settled (as much as is possible anyway) and the players appear to be playing for Hughton so I just want to enjoy the matches for a change.

As far as the sale of the club goes, what will be will be so we may as well just let it run its course.

:clap2:

Surely they are only paid decently if they manage to do their jobs, i.e. sell the club?

Not doing a good job of it then - this has been going on for a year now. Somethings not right, somewhere.

Tbh, I can see Ashley riding out the storm and then reaping the benefits when if get promoted again.

If the benefit is him selling a Premiership club for a higher value then I am prepared to wait for that to happen.

Win/win situation then

Tbh, I can see Ashley riding out the storm and then reaping the benefits when if get promoted again.

There are only benefits if we get promoted - absolutely none if we don't. He's as thick as shit but after what didn't happen today I have an inkling that he's realised that.

When are the school holidays over?

dave hope that's not directed at me mate! Left Kenton school 23 year ago.

I have to say all the ITK is shite!

I will tell what I have seen or heard from mates within the click

but I am stupid enough to spout my gob off and its most of the time shite on all parts!

And will come on and admit afterwards if it's wrong.

I do visit the training ground for business often and dont live next to it as many goons think!

Anyway fucking sick goodneet

Thing is for Ashley it would be a massive gamble to stick around...but as long as Newcastle are winning games then the anti-Ashley songs will slowly get drowned out. Everyone was/is angry that we're in the Championship and we all blame Ashley and rightly so - but what if we got up to the Premier and actually signed a good average paid side instead of being a big 'buying' club that wins fuck all and slides from mediocre to a well-known european outfit every 4 or 5 years....

Alternatively, we could get injuries and our squad would be less than paper thin, we could slip down the league and end up missing out on promotion at the first time of asking. Then the chanting and singing towards Ashley gradually increase. He sells up and takes whatever he can get and we possibly end up with an owner who cannot afford to fund a promotion seeking team.

Now obviously it's not such a black and white issue, there is room for a bit of grey...I fucking hate Mike Ashley, and I do want him to fuck off, but I reckon as time goes on this is something that we'll look back on and think - fucking hell why did we think/do that? one way or another....

Guest VegasToon

For the first time in a while, I am actually looking forward to putting this to the back of my mind in favour of the actual football.

The playing side of things has settled (as much as is possible anyway) and the players appear to be playing for Hughton so I just want to enjoy the matches for a change.

As far as the sale of the club goes, what will be will be so we may as well just let it run its course.

:clap2:

:clap: