RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I worry that Shearer will play Butt, apart from that I couldn't really care less

ronaldo is starting to create his own myth about shearer here. I'm sure no one in their right mind will fall for it.

i thought you said he'd never drop owen?

I would say that the fans who were moaning about a 5th place finish were more a reason to blame for SBR's sacking than Shearer.

Really? The moaning after Souness got the job was far worse, and he lasted a long time, considering.

Eh? The moaning about Souness was the reason to blame for SBR's sacking?

What?

More like: if moaning by the fans took so long to get Souness sacked then why did comparatively mild moaning get SBR sacked so much more quickly? In other words, were the fans really to blame or was it a convenient excuse?

I would say that the fans who were moaning about a 5th place finish were more a reason to blame for SBR's sacking than Shearer.

Really? The moaning after Souness got the job was far worse, and he lasted a long time, considering.

Eh? The moaning about Souness was the reason to blame for SBR's sacking?

What?

More like: if moaning by the fans took so long to get Souness sacked then why did comparatively mild moaning get SBR sacked so much more quickly? In other words, were the fans really to blame or was it a convenient excuse?

I think Dougy Hall had a lot to do with Bobby getting the boot.

How is Shearer historically part of the club's problems?   ???

To much say in the dressing room during bobbys tenure, if you believe rumour.

Which i think we all agree was the begining of the end.

That's exactly what it is though - a rumour. And I'd also expect the club captain as having plenty say in the dressing room. Surely it's his job?!

What is it with some people who support this football club? They choose to attack the very people that have done so much for it in the past - Keegan, Shearer and Sir Bobby to name three. Utterly bizarre. :thdn:

How is my opnion on moving forward an attack the 3 most important people on the last 15+ years in the clubs history.

People need to stop the Shearer loving, he has show nothing to suggest he will be a good manager. Kestabia would be a better option due to his managment track record.

We need somebody that can get us promoted, and stabalise the club is Shearer the man for that Job ?

Hudson - we won't know unless we give him a try. Ketsbia as well as he has done is as untried as Shearer in this country, indeed more-so.

Don't disagree with you at all, but to be fair the point im trying to get across is the fact that there is other options, not just Shearer.

Anyway if Moat does buy us then it's a given that Shearer will get the job.

Wish we could have a proven manager.

e.g.?

Avram Grant?

Good manager imo, but is he really proven? I know he's done more than Shearer before you start, not sure he's got any experience of getting sides up and establishing them on (probably) tight budgets. Also doubt he'd come, but not necessarily a joke like MJ or Hiddink.

I think before warrying about a manager we should hope that ashley finally fooks off.

Yup, that's the first step.

I was starving at halftime the other day and still didn't buy a pie, I refuse to hand over any money other than the cost of admission to the ground.

On the day this joker finally sells up I'll be buying a new top, I hope many thousands do the same.

e.g.?

Avram Grant?

Good manager imo, but is he really proven? I know he's done more than Shearer before you start, not sure he's got any experience of getting sides up and establishing them on (probably) tight budgets. Also doubt he'd come, but not necessarily a joke like MJ or Hiddink.

He did well with Chelsea, any manager that gets a side into the CL final is worth a punt imo.  A good scenario would be Hughton taking us up and then someone like him coming in with a few bob to spend, not loads say 15-20m, he has good connections so I reckon we'd see a good few players coming in for not much money.

e.g.?

Avram Grant?

He did well with Chelsea, any manager that gets a side into the CL final is worth a punt imo.  A good scenario would be Hughton taking us up and then someone like him coming in with a few bob to spend, not loads say 15-20m, he has good connections so I reckon we'd see a good few players coming in for not much money.

in fairness grant is a good shout, he had almost everyone against him while at chelsea (media, squad, chelsea fans basically everyone except abramovich) and did well, harshly treated by chelsea if you ask me