RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good news, I suppose, but we really should be further ahead with the sale than opening the books tomorrow. For starters, what's wrong with today?

This.

Why has this "data room" not been opened earlier? Surely it would help the deal move quicker?

Good news, I suppose, but we really should be further ahead with the sale than opening the books tomorrow. For starters, what's wrong with today?

This.

Why has this "data room" not been opened earlier? Surely it would help the deal move quicker?

Because they have set tomorrow as a deadline for interested parties to show they have the money.

This.

Because they have set tomorrow as a deadline for interested parties to show they have the money.

But like I said why if they are on a computer system do all groups have to view them on the same day. If a group was able to prove they had the money last week why couldn't they see the books straight away and this could continue until the club set the deadline of Wednesday.

This.

But like I said why if they are on a computer system do all groups have to view them on the same day. If a group was able to prove they had the money last week why couldn't they see the books straight away and this could continue until the club set the deadline of Wednesday.

Probably to keep it fair, no leaked info etc.

This.

Probably to keep it fair, no leaked info etc.

That makes sense I guess.

If you want to look at the big picture regarding the appointment of Souness I think a number of people should take responsibility for that, even Robson to an extent, he was the manager and unfortunately he lost the respect of the players. Or at least, he seemed to from the outside.

The quote in bold is yet another example of HTL's selective memory to suit his own agenda where he fails to remind us that Freddie Shepherd massively undermined SBR when he made it public in the summer of 2004 that 2004/05 would be Bobby's last season as manager at the club, and bearing in mind the "characters" we had at the club at that time the implications of Shepherd's decision were always going to be dyer, sorry dire. Chapter 20 of SBR's autobiography is entitled "Undermined" just to underline the point.

IMO this is the most damning single example of Freddie Shepherd's mismanagement of the club, the fact is that we have never recovered from that decision, and is a major reason why I never want Shepherd in a position of authority at the club again.

jimmymac

Certain players are mainly at fault for the undermining of Robson. Why do you think the Board (and fans) began to question the ability of Robson to take the club any further, daft lad?

If you want to look at the big picture regarding the appointment of Souness I think a number of people should take responsibility for that, even Robson to an extent, he was the manager and unfortunately he lost the respect of the players. Or at least, he seemed to from the outside.

The quote in bold is yet another example of HTL's selective memory to suit his own agenda where he fails to remind us that Freddie Shepherd massively undermined SBR when he made it public in the summer of 2004 that 2004/05 would be Bobby's last season as manager at the club, and bearing in mind the "characters" we had at the club at that time the implications of Shepherd's decision were always going to be dyer, sorry dire. Chapter 20 of SBR's autobiography is entitled "Undermined" just to underline the point.

IMO this is the most damning single example of Freddie Shepherd's mismanagement of the club, the fact is that we have never recovered from that decision, and is a major reason why I never want Shepherd in a position of authority at the club again.

jimmymac

Certain players are mainly at fault for the undermining of Robson. Why do you think the Board (and fans) began to question the ability of Robson to take the club any further, daft lad?

I'd personally have Shepherd back, and I agree with a lot of what you say about him, but to be fair he did sell Gary Speed behind Robsons back, stupidly announced it was his last year, critisised some of his buys, and Robson basically says he wasnt supported much at that time before he was sacked.

This.

Because this gives them time to finish fiddling the books.

This.

Careful

This.

Careful

I'm joking, of course.

This.

Careful

I'm joking, of course.

I know :)

This.

Careful

I'm joking, of course.

I know :)

I know.

I hope Lambastard isn't lying again.  This actually seems like there may be some light at the end of the tunnel

Lambiarse and Fattie are holed up somewhere in London, I doubt they have a clue what's going on around the club. This is just more stalling while they try and sell the club while committing as little money as possible. I expect them to fuck up the sale of the club as their track record of spectacular failure is pretty consistent.

Just like everything else about this club this has reached pathetic levels of embarrassment, Mike Ashley somehow actually managed to drag our name through more mud and destroy every last quality about the club and is still doing it through its sale.

A total fuking disaster, no wonder were sunk I'm just wondering has the wreckage hit the sea bed yet or have we a few more levels to go.

Sad and frustrating times; let's hope there's a bright light at the end of this dark tunnel, but it won't be coming anytime soon unless the club is sold and a manager appointed before the start of July.

2 weeks make or break, break and we might no see the Premiership for a few seasons.