RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My guess is that it is AEG and Anschutz... that is who was looking into buying Newcastle in the fall. Talks broke down over Ashley's price... now that the price is lower ... well things could be looking up.

If it is AEG expect everything to be sponsored and the first XI to be perpetually on tour during the off season.

At least they already know a little bit about running a football club.  And we'd at least get some US pre-season tours. :celb:

We're gonna sign Landon Donovan!

I don't rate him on a Premier League level but for the CCC, we could probably do worse.

We <i>will</i>.

It does seem as though proclamations of "it can't get any worse" are seen as a dare by the powers that be. :(

I don't rate him on a Premier League level but for the CCC, we could probably do worse.

We <i>will</i>.

It does seem as though proclamations of "it can't get any worse" are seen as a dare by the powers that be. :(

;D

hang on

:dontknow:

nah you were right ;D ;D

We <i>will</i>.

:lol:

I don't rate the MLS as being anywhere near the quality of the CCC. I wouldn't want Landy-Cakes within 10 miles of NUFC.

When Souness was appointed, I think everyone was inwardly disgusted (I certainly was) but by then the damage is done and you have to support your club and therefore the manager.

So people started saying things like "Hopefully he'll instill some discipline" and "Don't forget he has won some cups before with unfancied clubs". I don't think that is people liking the appointment, it's just people trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I haven't said people liked the appointment, so can't see where you dragged that up from. However, based on later events and the reluctance of many to want to get rid, some definitely did see him as "the right man for the job." 

For example, those who wanted rid of the "cancers" and who wanted "proper" players.  They know who they are though they deny it now. I'm not surprised some people have forgotten all about that.

We still would have finished 4th without doubt had SBR not sold Solano. But the indications were there and when Liverpool offered decent money for Shearer in the summer of 04 we should have accepted (funnily enough it was Shepherd, not Robson who said no)

ridiculous that a year later we extended his contract even further, I remember the city absolutely buzzing and me having about 15 arguments with 15 different people that day

:thup:

Yup. These were the only significant mistakes made by Fred. He wasn't prepared to tackle the positions of Robson and Shearer at the right moment.

His management choices were the worst. Had Robson left in the summer of 2004 and replaced with a top manager, we would not have been in solid decline ever since. Instead he sacks him early season and then brings in Greame Souness

It's my opinion that the bit about summer is irrelevant. Had Robson been replaced by a decent manager at the time he was replaced we'd have been ok.

Surely though  the problem was that the timing was badly wrong, and there were no decent managers available 4 matches into a season?

Maybe at the particular moment in time you are right. However, you appear to be against the idea of appointing a new manager early into the season when in fact Robson himself was appointed very early into a season and went on to do a fabulous job.

Who the person is remains the most important part of it imo.

If it's a consortium of Americans experienced in owning a "sports franchise", I'd be all for it.

Rich American with experience in owning a sports franchise, one who possibly has a lot of time on his hands these days.

What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Politics/Images/george-bush-trying-to-open-door.jpg

I hope these blokes have got together :lol:

http://sanaei.com/photos/bill_gates.jpg

http://www.topnews.in/usa/files/Legendary_%20American_Investor_Warren_Buffett.jpg

http://www.linux-mag.com/images/2002-11/img2/ellison_01.jpg

http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/54/2008/JI38.jpg

Considering the number of journalists for the nationals that are going to be out of a job now we've gone down, I wouldn't be surprised if fuck all has happened with the sale and they're all just stringing it out as long as possible.

Guest Stephen927

I really can't be bothered to read about all the latest takeover stories, I'll read all about it if any of them do buy the club. Just want it all sorted out as soon as possible.