RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It could be and is more than likley ........ BULLSHIT!!

They are speculating about it, gave it a day then assime an offer will have been made.

Don't spoil my optimism, I need my wank too :lol:

Please be profitable group, please be profitable group. Unless Mr Owen has bought us from all the wages we have given him. Sorry I had to.

Why would you want the profitable group, out of interest?

Im not convinced they really have the kind of money to take us back to the premier league and stay there.

Starting to hope its FFS, if it was him I would be pretty confident he would do the business to get up back up in 1 season. Ill of course have my worries about him, but right now I just want this club to be in the Prem again more than anything.

Starting to hope its FFS, if it was him I would be pretty confident he would do the business to get up back up in 1 season. Ill of course have my worries about him, but right now I just want this club to be in the Prem again more than anything.

It might not be a club for much longer if he gets the go ahead though.

Guest dover

Think your misunderstanding fat freds role in this consortium. He is a figure head only, a link between the manager and the money men and for that role assuming Shearer is the manager i think he will be ideal as they already have a good working relationship. FFS will be an employee and minor shareholder so I dont even think about the fuckups he made last time as I know he wont be allowed the free reign like he had before.

Bearing in mind it was the 'Ashley Camp' that have said the most about what could have happened to the club - if THEY hadn't taken over . . . and now that we know what a bunch of totally useless ****ocks they are . . . why do you say that?

I never felt it was true when FFS/SJH were the owners, neither do I think it looking back (from an accountancy perspective) - so why should anyone say it now ('as if' it was factual) I do not know.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Think your misunderstanding fat freds role in this consortium. He is a figure head only, a link between the manager and the money men and for that role assuming Shearer is the manager i think he will be ideal as they already have a good working relationship. FFS will be an employee and minor shareholder so I dont even think about the fuckups he made last time as I know he wont be allowed the free reign like he had before.

I totally agree.

Meanwhile an offer seems to have been made, the consortium is still unknown tough.

I totally agree.

Meanwhile an offer seems to have been made, the consortium is still unknown tough.

HAs there ???

Leaked image of Ashleys secret "Data Room"

http://www.actronics.net/images/old_computer.jpg

That's why the sale has been so slow.  Big Ash had the computer turned off to save electric and it has taken a couple of weeks to warm up again.

FFS was only a minor shareholder and figurehead last time too...

Want-away Ashley receives Magpies bid

8:33am Thursday 18th June 2009

Comments (0)  Have your say »

By Paul Fraser »

MIKE ASHLEY’S attempts to sell Newcastle United took a crucial step forward last night when the first formal offer for the club was made.

The identity of the group that has made the first serious move to take over at St James’ Park remains unknown, as does the value of the offer.

Nevertheless, this is a key development in Ashley’s determination to offload the Championship club before pre-season training begins on July 1.

Four consortia were due to begin a process of due diligence yesterday, with the groups who have provided proof of their funding beginning to trawl through the books at St James’ Park.

And it was thought last night that one of those has jumped ahead of the rest and tabled a bid to buy out Ashley, who put a £100m price-tag on the club late last month.

If the terms are to Ashley’s liking then the bid could be accepted within the next 48 hours, with the Newcastle owner keen to avoid an auction.

Earlier this month managing director Derek Llambias suggested that whoever came up with the right bid first would be sold the club.

The Singapore-based Profitable group, thought to have former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd among its members, plus consortia from America and Oman are believed to make up the quartet who have signed confidentiality agreements.

While it remains unclear whether it is one of those that has made the first offer, Newcastle supporters will be relieved there has finally been some movement after weeks of stand-off.

The sooner an agreement can be reached the better, particularly as Alan Shearer has been waiting to hear whether he will be appointed the next permanent manager.

Shearer was still in the dark over his future yesterday, although the news of the offer could see quick progress made on the manager’s front.

Llambias had claimed there could be movement on the manager’s situation “by the end of this week” and Shearer is trying to remain hopeful there will soon be a favourable outcome.

But he had heard nothing from officials in St James’ Park last night, despite suggestions he will be formally appointed if all of the parties interested in taking over agree to his installation.

Tellingly, though, Newcastle did confirm their first three pre-season fixtures ahead of their first season outside of the top-flight in 17 years yesterday.

The first match will see Newcastle head for The Northern Echo Darlington Arena to face Quakers on July 18 (kick-off 12.30pm).

Then the Magpies go to League One Huddersfield, managed by former Newcastle ace Lee Clark, on July 21 (7.45pm) before taking on Leeds United at St James’ Park on July 29 (7.45pm).

A statement issued by Newcastle also insisted that “further fixtures would be announced soon” and Shearer would like to have a say on those remaining matches.

With the process of due diligence normally expected to take two weeks, Shearer knows the sooner he can slip into the role and start to make firm decisions the better.

It could be that he will find out within the next 48 hours, although sources close to the former Newcastle captain insist he is not taking anything for granted.

If he is appointed, as well as finalising the remainder of the club’s pre-season schedule, Shearer will also hope to make quick inroads towards assembling a squad for the Championship.

An agency, First Artists, are working on selling off most of Newcastle’s highest earners and it will only be then that the incoming manager will be able to introduce some new signings.

One player Shearer had hoped to retain was Steven Taylor, although West Ham United have stepped up their interest in the centre-back who’s regarded as a possible Magpies captain next season.

Hmmm Freddy in with the profitable group?

The Journal reckons some of the groups have had problems raising the backing and will walk away if the books are as terrible as most believe.

Aye, I'd heard that they only just have the asking price and struggled to raise that.  It think its the one fronted by Shep

Whats the point in that then as they simply won't be able to afford to run the club which is currently running at a loss. This is the problem of having the club up for sale for such a low price.

The Journal reckons some of the groups have had problems raising the backing and will walk away if the books are as terrible as most believe.

Aye, I'd heard that they only just have the asking price and struggled to raise that.  It think its the one fronted by Shep

Whats the point in that then as they simply won't be able to afford to run the club which is currently running at a loss. This is the problem of having the club up for sale for such a low price.

Aye but he'll be thinking he can just run up more debt getting us promoted then he'll be able to get evenmore debt when we are back in the PL.

If that's true then they need to rethink their buyout.  The club needs major surgery to rebuild a hugely unbalanced squad and that's going to require money, as is spending at least 1 season outside the Premiership.  Without the additional TV revenue the club is going to be running at a pretty massive loss again this year unless they can renegotiate every contract at the club.

Whoever buys the club is probably going to need to find about £50m this year to cover losses and fund transfers with the same amount being provided for squad strengthening whenever we return to the Premiership.

Random name-dropping establishes a stable of supposed "interested parties" -> Positive articles build up hype to a fabricated deadline -> deadline arrives with reports of some non-confirmable progress -> articles are published that start shedding doubt on the process -> when they've decided they can't lie anymore, they finally cook up some story about a dramatic breakup in the talks.

All the while, newspaper sales rise.