RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It could be that Shepherd's is the only definite offer on the table, and Ashley is keen to find an alternative buyer. Shepherd would therefore be anxious to use all his connections to crank up the pressure on Ashley.

I think that's spot on. If it is true that he's writing off the debts to him, he'll not want to do it to the bloke who left us in the position where he felt he had to do so. Might do it for a new party, but not a chance will Freddy get it for £60m without owing Ashley the money imo.

if we stay up next year it will be a fucking miracle the way this is playing out

You must have a very inflated view of the quality of the Championship :yikes:

i have a very realistic view of the quality and hunger of our current players, plus i'm aware of the snowballing effect that off the pitch disruption could have next season

just think of it come the start; no manager in place, no sale, all the same shit still on the books, wage bill crippling ashley, uncertainty everywhere, kinnear/hughton running the team in limbo

nah it'll all be fine, just like last season

if we stay up next year it will be a fucking miracle the way this is playing out

i have a very realistic view of the quality and hunger of our current players, plus i'm aware of the snowballing effect that off the pitch disruption could have next season

just think of it come the start; no manager in place, no sale, all the same shit still on the books, wage bill crippling ashley, uncertainty everywhere, kinnear/hughton running the team in limbo

Your view of the quality of our players might be realistic but your view of the Championship isn't if you think it can even be compared to the Premiership.  The likes of Duff would look like fucking Kaka in this league.

No doubt it would almost certainly kill off any chance we might have had of coming back up at the first attempt if the club isn't sold by the time the season kicks off.  But its not going to relegate us for fuck sake.  It would take a lot more then a delay of new ownership until early August for that to happen.

Your view of the quality of our players might be realistic but your view of the Championship isn't if you think it can even be compared to the Premiership.  The likes of Duff would look like fucking Kaka in this league.

i didn't compare it to the premiership in any way did i?

maybe relegation is a touch ott but maybe it's not - as i said snowballing man...if nothing has moved come early august (a month away) i just see the same set of overpaid spineless dickheads turning up and getting muscled out of games, paced out too probably

none of them will want to play as they all think they're PL players, they won't give a monkeys man and the ones that do will be surrounded by so much dross on and off the pitch it'll be hard for them to make an impact

I never got my hopes up, we've heard nothing over the past few weeks that we haven't heard a million times before, it was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. We're f***ed and people are going to have to get used to it.

Can't remember ever hearing of people being shown around the facilities and meeting players last time he tried to sell.  Can't remember hearing anyone had completed due diligence.  Can't remember any solid claims of bids either.

Rumours rumours and more rumours.

Thinking about writing a book about Ashley's tenure, this last decision (that we're aware of) not to appoint a manager at the most important time in the club's recent history is right up there with Zaphod Beeblebrook's 'Top Ten Most Galacticall Stupid Ideas Ever'.

Suggestions wanted for book title, winner recieves a signed copy to chuck in the bin.

Guest ObaStar

Thinking about writing a book about Ashley's tenure, this last decision (that we're aware of) not to appoint a manager at the most important time in the club's recent history is right up there with Zaphod Beeblebrook's 'Top Ten Most Galacticall Stupid Ideas Ever'.

Suggestions wanted for book title, winner recieves a signed copy to chuck in the bin.

Hows this:

Gypsy King has Too Much Time on His Hands.

or

Anyone Who Spells Receives Wrong Will Never Write a Book.

maybe relegation is a touch ott but maybe it's not - as i said snowballing man...if nothing has moved come early august (a month away) i just see the same set of overpaid spineless dickheads turning up and getting muscled out of games, paced out too probably

none of them will want to play as they all think they're PL players, they won't give a monkeys man and the ones that do will be surrounded by so much dross on and off the pitch it'll be hard for them to make an impact

Not directly, but you compared our situation to last season.  Suggesting that if the same thing happens this season as last (no proper manager and the same shit players) then we'll get the same result.  Thing is that doesn't take into account just how shit the Championship is in comparison to the Premiership.  I think any thoughts of relegation is over the top yes.  It would take something far more seriously then a delay in the takeover to cause such a thing IMO.

I never got my hopes up, we've heard nothing over the past few weeks that we haven't heard a million times before, it was bullshit then and it's bullshit now. We're f***ed and people are going to have to get used to it.

Can't remember ever hearing of people being shown around the facilities and meeting players last time he tried to sell.  Can't remember hearing anyone had completed due diligence.  Can't remember any solid claims of bids either.

oh give it a rest

Rumours we didn't have last time though yes?  Rumours that have been coroberated by numerous sources as well.  Clearly the situation is not the same as last time.

Hows this:

Gypsy King has Too Much Time on His Hands.

or

Anyone Who Spells Receives Wrong Will Never Write a Book.

:lol:

I wonder why publishers employ proof readers and editors.

Please tell me you never made a spelling mistake in your life so I know you'll be safe from falling glass.

Rumours we didn't have last time though yes?  Rumours that have been coroberated by numerous sources as well.  Clearly the situation is not the same as last time.

All i see is a weeks speculation caused by an Asian man being spotted at the training ground. It's most probably nothing. Ofcourse the rumours haven't been IDENTICAL, that wasn't really my point.

Not directly, but you compared our situation to last season.  Suggesting that if the same thing happens this season as last (no proper manager and the same shit players) then we'll get the same result.  Thing is that doesn't take into account just how shit the Championship is in comparison to the Premiership.

hope you're right man, really hope you are

add this into the mixer by the way, lets say the sale drags on - ashley is not going to want to pay the likes of duff, smith, geremi etc. is he?  he'll be getting shot of them and anyone else earning decent money he can to reduce his costs for whatever he can rake in leaving us with bairns and cheap dross

he's not going to reinvest anything in the team either

amazes me some people are glass full with ashley even now - i'm going to sit here and assume he fucks the whole thing up as badly as he possibly can until he doesn't, given his track record

take that train of thought and avoiding relegation next season looks like a potential miracle to me already

All i see is a weeks speculation caused by an Asian man being spotted at the training ground. It's most probably nothing. Ofcourse the rumours haven't been IDENTICAL, that wasn't really my point.

An asian man :)  Nowt like playing something down is there.  A group of business men were shown round and to a man every source has said they were there regarding a takeover, not one source anywhere has denied it.  Official sources have also confirmed that various parites were entering due diligence, something that never happened last time round.  This is completely different from last time out when all we had was stories about Ashley fucking about in Dubai and Keith Harris talking about several groups being interested.

Make no mistake - Ashley won't be investing any more of his own cash into this club. Players will be sold or loaned out for knock down fees and what we'll be left with his reserves and academy players to start the season (assuming we are not sold by then) What player in his right mind would want to join us at this present time?

Not directly, but you compared our situation to last season.  Suggesting that if the same thing happens this season as last (no proper manager and the same shit players) then we'll get the same result.  Thing is that doesn't take into account just how shit the Championship is in comparison to the Premiership.

add this into the mixer by the way, lets say the sale drags on - ashley is not going to want to pay the likes of duff, smith, geremi etc. is he?  he'll be getting shot of them and anyone else earning decent money he can to reduce his costs for whatever he can rake in leaving us with bairns and cheap dross

amazes me some people are glass full with ashley even now - i'm going to sit here and assume he fucks the whole thing up as badly as he possibly can until he doesn't, given his track record

take that train of thought and avoiding relegation next season looks like a potential miracle to me already

Players are paid by the club though not Ashley (surely what the working capital overdraft was about?).  So the wage bill will only cost him if he stays and has to end up paying that off.  As it is that overdraft will be there for the new owners when they arrive.  If Ashley had to pay all the wages as and when they're required I'm sure certain players would have gone already :)

Players are paid by the club not Ashley, so the wage bill will only cost him if he stays and has to end up paying off the working capital overdraft being used for such things.  As it is that overdraft will be there for the new owners when they arrive.  If Ashley had to pay all the wages as and when they're required I'm sure certain players would have gone already :)

fair play to you mate, i gotsta admire the positivity in the face of overwhelming evidence to suggest he'll utterly fuck it up and make baffling decisions that make zero business or football sense

Make no mistake - Ashley won't be investing any more of his own cash into this club. Players will be sold or loaned out for knock down fees and what we'll be left with his reserves and academy players to start the season (assuming we are not sold by then) What player in his right mind would want to join us at this present time?

True, I cant imagine any player in their right mind would want to join us, but the other factor is who the heck is going to approach players to join us? I struggle to see Chris Houghton and Calderwood mustering together much of a shortlist to bring in players.

I can see us starting the season with what we have now (although I cant imagine many will be here by August) and Houghton at the helm.

This is just the most depressing club in the world.....

Well if we all love a conspiracy theory, there would be no way he would sell us quickly to allow us a full and proper pre-season.

My guess would be that he is deliberately hanging on and delaying things until late August - by which time we are fucked for the season.

His last act of vengance against us.