RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ToonBart

Ask "Mr Ashley"

He seems to be ITK

Time to call it a day, Geoff.

This....

I think Geoff, its pretty clear that various people have tried to do buy now pay later deals which he doesnt want.

All consortiums should now put up or shut up or publically come out and contradict any of what Ashleys said.

The problem is (and of course Ashley can't see it) the squad is nowhere near strong enough if we get promoted. We'd get slaughtered by the likes of Arsenal and even Spurs with the likes of R Taylor and Harewood (FFS) and Butt.

On one hand he says he knows nothing about football and on the other he has to have final say in who's bought?

I just want him and his scabby greasy liar of a friend to f*** off, I'd rather have Moat with no money than that waster who has money but refuses to build up the club.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

It is his club he owns it.....

Only just seen Ashley's latest gibberings on .com. And I didn't think he could prove himself to be any more of a c*** than before. Well played Mike.

was getting really annoyed at his silence in the past few months, now he's actually came out and said something, i wish he'd just kept quite.

The problem is (and of course Ashley can't see it) the squad is nowhere near strong enough if we get promoted. We'd get slaughtered by the likes of Arsenal and even Spurs with the likes of R Taylor and Harewood (FFS) and Butt.

On one hand he says he knows nothing about football and on the other he has to have final say in who's bought?

I just want him and his scabby greasy liar of a friend to f*** off, I'd rather have Moat with no money than that waster who has money but refuses to build up the club.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Without the fans there would be no club, its ours and it'll still be our club years from now when the fat prick is long gone.

Dustynrg, no team can be expected to be strong enough for the Premiership when they're still in the Championship, the time the strengthen for the Premiership is in the summer after promotion.

“I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year."

What a load of bull.  Despite the man being a cunt I've always defended the fact that he hasn't made money from the club and has subsidised it every year.  But that statement is utter bollocks.

Revenue from fans last year (well last financial statement) came to around £54m, you'd think he'd be aware of that wouldn't you? :doh:

If Barry can't afford 80 Mil? up front I think he can't afford to have this club..... It is really low price for this football club.....

It's not really. Even at £80million, NUFC as it stands is very much overpriced at that figure. I mean, what are our assets that make us worth that much? The playing squad certainly isn't - the training ground is probs worth a few quid and the club don't own St James Park, so it cannot be called an asset.

If Ashley keeps on fannying about, doesn't invest in January and we don't get promoted - what are we going to be worth then?

I have to put £20m a year into the club I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year."

What a load of bull.  Despite the man being a c*** I've always defended the fact that he hasn't made money from the club and has subsidised it every year.  But that statement is utter bollocks.

Revenue from fans last year (well last financial statement) came to around £54m, you'd think he'd be aware of that wouldn't you? :doh:

Yet another example of poor PR.  Should have praised the continued support to the team instead of saying his money is worth more than the fans.  Keep alienating the fans and and he will have to put in even more money to keep the club going.

Guest Geordiekev
“I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year."

What he forgets is that to a normal working class family the money we spend on season tickets, replica shirts, transport to away games etc is pretty much similar to a billionaire throwing a couple million at his investment.

We don't have the money he has to squander "christ he blows as much if not more per year on overpriced bubbly and at the tables". If any of the fans had his kind of cash at their disposal then I'm sure we would have made a better go at owning the club than this prick..

If Barry can't afford 80 Mil? up front I think he can't afford to have this club..... It is really low price for this football club.....

It's not really. Even at £80million, NUFC as it stands is very much overpriced at that figure. I mean, what are our assets that make us worth that much?

Fan base, anything that brings in over £50m a year is a pretty big asset.  Does it make the club worth £80m in its current state?, hard to say since we don't know exactly what state the club is in.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Without the fans there would be no club, its ours and it'll still be our club years from now when the fat prick is long gone.

Dustynrg, no team can be expected to be strong enough for the Premiership when they're still in the Championship, the time the strengthen for the Premiership is in the summer after promotion.

Fair enough,but my point is if Ashley is still in charge when and if we get promoted there is no earthly chance of him strengthening the squad, he will think he can get away with spending no money. On his previous form there's no hope of him strengthening.

Guest Micktoon

its just becoming downright boring and annoying now.

Its almost like he's being a pathetic whinging little child just to spite anyone and everyone.

I've been saying that for months.

The club isn't really up for sale it is all a lie.  Moat is an Ashley stooge and just to complete your day we will not sign another player this season.

I agree it's just a load of bollocks so the fans will lay off him because they think something is happening.

He's just hoping we can somehow scrape back up to the prem with him being cheap just like his retail outlets.

It's not really. Even at £80million, NUFC as it stands is very much overpriced at that figure. I mean, what are our assets that make us worth that much? The playing squad certainly isn't - the training ground is probs worth a few quid and the club don't own St James Park, so it cannot be called an asset.

If Ashley keeps on fannying about, doesn't invest in January and we don't get promoted - what are we going to be worth then?

The club do own SJP; the council own the land and NUFC pay a peppercorn ground rent which will be peanuts. This is not uncommon for city centre property and land of strategic importance. If anything that situation is to our advantage at the moment; whilst it all depends on the lease terms I can't imagine the council did not retain some interest in planning and development (e.g. Ashley could not knock it down and build something else). Whilst this has to be considered within any valuation, for example you couldn't value the land as office/resi/retail because of the restriction in use; you certainly could take into account its existing use value (i.e. a football ground) - which most certainly is an asset

I guess the best way to explain it is, take for example flats. Unless you own the entire building; you cannot purchase the freehold of a flat - known as a flying freehold. (well you can hold a commonhold but its relatively new and not taken off yet) Flats are typically bought on long leaseholds with peppercorn rents hidden within service charges usually. It doesn't mean it is not an asset that can be sold on.

I would be surprised if we get promoted if Ashley stays as I cannot believe he will spend the necessary money to do so.  If we don't get promoted this season, then the remaining decent players will be off and some poorer ones brought in and then it will be a case of rebuilding from scratch.  Promotion the following season would be even more unlikely.  His latest comments imply that he has learnt nothing from the past 2 years and is prepared to make the same mistakes all over again thinking that his luck is bound to change at some point.

If we then have to go through this farce again next Summer - promoted or not - it will be probably end up in the same way but we will be in an even worse state than we are today.

With regards to the £80m cash up front - we don't really know if that is the true amount.  He may just want that much up front and the balance paid off at a later date, extra payments if promoted and what about the "loan" from Ashley.  At the beginning of this saga, it was implied that it was £100m, and he would write off all the debts and then it gradually appeared that was not the case but then again, we still really don't know what the true price of the club is.

Has Moat got the money?  Who knows?  I have no idea of his finances.  Journalists may infer he does not have the money but how do they know?  Surely all of that information is confidential anyway.  He has never spoken in public about his offer.  Maybe it is all a game of brinkmanship on his part.  Maybe he believes the club is seriously overpriced.  We have not seen the books so we don't know what state it is in.

Ashley's latest comments make it appear that he has done his best and all he wants is £80m up front and that it is his misfortune that everyone is messing him around and no-one has met his price.  I suspect that as always with Ashley, the truth is much complicated than that.

Guest Roger Kint

ha ha, i don't think its the results that have lowered the "value" of the club - more like it was overpriced in the first plac,e and that fat c*** has pocketed £25m since our relegation in player sales, decreasing the alleged nett worth of the club.

Beggars belief that people can still come out with that crap like. :facepalm: