RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEWCASTLE United managing director Derek Llambias is understood to have handed a group of Asian businessmen a tour of St James's Park as the sale of the Magpies took a fresh twist.

The Chronicle understands Llambias was with the group throughout the day.

The Asian party are thought to be from Maylasia and were shown the facilities on offer at United but the identity of the group is yet to be confirmed.

The Toon managing director then accompanied the group on a flight back to the capital were talks continued tonight.

The Toon managing director then accompanied the group on a flight back to the capital were talks continued tonight.

From Lee Ryder's blog.

Good old Lee. :lol: :lol:

Do you need a phd in stupidity to get a job at the chronicle or does being an ugly cunt get you a job?

Guest fading star

Seems pretty desperate to me like; Llambias, who most places have reported isn't even up in Newcastle any more let alone doing anything for the club, showing off facilities everyone knows about already.

im sure showing prospective buyers around is pretty standard. Not quite sure where you get desperate from. If potential buyers come to Newcastle to have a look around telling them to f*** off probably aint gonna get it done

Fair comment. I'm just surprised Llambias is doing anything to help, that's all. :lol:

The biggest surprise is that Llambias is showing them around. No-one apart from Harris is supposed to know identities until a bid has been accepted.

The club has been sold.

That's only going off newspaper speculation to be fair.

And today’s breaking news isn’t.

Could this be a way of trying to put pressure on the original potential buyers? Oh shit, the Malaysians are sniffing about. Better up our bid by £20m?

Pick a few asian lads up from the Queen Vic, fly them to Newcastle, give them a few bears and show them around the ground. (This is where Mike did the conga. Up there is the hole in the roof keegan’s head made when we told him about Xisco. If we get time I’ll take you down to BluBamboo.) Let the press do the rest.

Seems pretty desperate to me like; Llambias, who most places have reported isn't even up in Newcastle any more let alone doing anything for the club, showing off facilities everyone knows about already.

im sure showing prospective buyers around is pretty standard. Not quite sure where you get desperate from. If potential buyers come to Newcastle to have a look around telling them to f*** off probably aint gonna get it done

Fair comment. I'm just surprised Llambias is doing anything to help, that's all. :lol:

The biggest surprise is that Llambias is showing them around. No-one apart from Harris is supposed to know identities until a bid has been accepted.

The club has been sold.

Could this be a way of trying to put pressure on the original potential buyers? Oh shit, the Malaysians are sniffing about. Better up our bid by £20m?

Pick a few asian lads up from the Queen Vic, fly them to Newcastle, give them a few bears and show them around the ground. (This is where Mike did the conga. Up there is the hole in the roof keegan’s head made when we told him about Xisco. If we get time I’ll take you down to BluBamboo.) Let the press do the rest.

wtf :D

The club has been sold.

Could this be a way of trying to put pressure on the original potential buyers? Oh s***, the Malaysians are sniffing about. Better up our bid by £20m?

http://collectingtokens.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/brown_bear_3.png  :cheesy:

I had been expecting Fat Freddy to announced as the new owner very soon, but now it looks like it might drag on. Which begs an interesting question:

Would you rather have an immediate sale to Fat Fred allowing us to get our act together in time to make a push to a return to the Premier League next season

or

Would you rather that the sale drags on in the hopes of a better owner but probably another year in the Fizzy Pop League before we can sort out our problems?

Guest fading star

The club has been sold.

Could this be a way of trying to put pressure on the original potential buyers? Oh s***, the Malaysians are sniffing about. Better up our bid by £20m?

wtf :D

We want to believe this ‘news’ but it doesn’t half sound like bollocks. First up, how do the BBC know they were Malaysian? Secondly, who saw them at SJP. There’s always people milling about SJP, inside and out. What chance the BBC’s spy being the only person to see Dererk and the lads.

It could be true, but it boils down to gossip.

I had been expecting Fat Freddy to announced as the new owner very soon, but now it looks like it might drag on. Which begs an interesting question:

Would you rather have an immediate sale to Fat Fred allowing us to get our act together in time to make a push to a return to the Premier League next season

or

Would you rather that the sale drags on in the hopes of a better owner but probably another year in the Fizzy Pop League before we can sort out our problems?

The second one any day of the week..... 

Nowt new:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/02/potential-buyers-take-toon-tour-72703-24062222/

Potential buyers jet into Toon for NUFC tour

Jul 2 2009 By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United managing director Derek Llambias is understood to have handed a group of Asian businessmen a tour of St James's Park as the sale of the Magpies took a fresh twist.

The Chronicle understands Llambias was with the group - thought to be from Maylasia - as they were shown the facilities on offer at United but the identity of the group is yet to be confirmed.

For more details on the Toon takeover see tomorrow night's Chronicle.

Missed those again, too.

Let's see...in the last seven days we've had Fat Fred on the verge of getting a £60m bid accepted according to the BBC...then we've been informed by club sources that the yanks are in pole position totally contradicting the Fat Fred BS.....now we have the BBC reporting that a mystery group of Malaysians are being shown round the club contradicting the Yank BS.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2:

wake me up when there's some real news.

Let's see...in the last seven days we've had Fat Fred on the verge of getting a £60m bid accepted according to the BBC...then we've been informed by club sources that the yanks are in pole position totally contradicting the Fat Fred BS.....now we have the BBC reporting that a mystery group of Malaysians are being shown round the club contradicting the Yank BS.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2:

wake me up when there's some real news.

You don't seem to mind reading it all. :laugh:

I think we can rule Shepherd out of this, imo. Ashley will not do business with the fucker and, you can sort of understand his point of view, he wont do business with Shepherd. End of. Plus, his pride would be wounded severely.

I was scanning through Newcastle Utd-mad.co.uk and there's a bloke on their forum who says he knows a lad high up in the club who says that the club has been sold. He sounds pretty convincing to me.

But anyway, any new owner we get atm is a gamble. Lets just hope that these Malaysians (if true) have the best inentions of NUFC at heart.

I was scanning through Newcastle Utd-mad.co.uk and there's a bloke on their forum who says he knows a lad high up in the club who says that the club has been sold. He sounds pretty convincing to me.

;D