RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If things work out as planned and if this guy bought us it is great cause we are lucky. Clubs like Leeds, Sothapmton and Charlton don't have decent owner let alone a billioner. This guy he is not only a billioneir he is also respected figure head and he think for the future. I am sure he will be a decent owner.

Go TAK

Net Worth:$7.0 bil

Fortune:self made

Source:telecom

Country Of Citizenship:Malaysia

Residence:Kuala Lumpur

Industry:Telecommunications

Education:Melbourne University, Bachelor of Arts / Science, Harvard University, Master of Business Administration

Marital Status:married, 3 children

A Tamil Malaysian of Sri Lankan Tamil origin, he graduated from Harvard Business School and started his career as an oil trader. His holdings include Maxis Communications, Malaysia's largest cell phone service provider, with more than 10 million subscribers; took it private in June 2007 in $5 billion deal, then sold 25% of Maxis to Saudi Telecom the same month. Bought 35% in Sri Lanka Telecom that same month. Last year sold Excel, the exhibition venue in London's Docklands, and reportedly bought 20% stake in Johnston Press in London. Modern art collector, has homes in Kuala Lumpur, London and south of France; has a son who is a monk living in the forest.

Howay the Malaysians! It's really only been them and FS that we've heard about, and words can't describe how much I want us to move as far away from FS as possible.

thought the two bids were malaysian and american ?

Guilty of the last paragraph  :kinnear:

Mind to be honest, way things go probably better to add the fortunes of our club to Sickipedia!!

Dont know if im having a blonde moment but is this about editing the wikipedia page  :undecided:

It's only said that he's been linked with buying us, and judging how the United and the next word and does not have a space between them, it seems that it's not from a reliable source in anyway, as is the case with wikipedia.

It's only said that he's been linked with buying us, and judging how the United and the next word and does not have a space between them, it seems that it's not from a reliable source in anyway, as is the case with wikipedia.

:facepalm:

I blame madras for this.

Howay the Malaysians! It's really only been them and FS that we've heard about, and words can't describe how much I want us to move as far away from FS as possible.

thought the two bids were malaysian and american ?

I don't know to be honest. Hard to follow with all the bollocks that's written, but from what I've gathered, it's been mostly about FS and Malaysians in the papers. It's "more than two" bids as well, btw.

:facepalm:

I blame madras for this.

:lol: :lol:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Net Worth:$7.0 bil

Fortune:self made

Source:telecom

Country Of Citizenship:Malaysia

Residence:Kuala Lumpur

Industry:Telecommunications

Education:Melbourne University, Bachelor of Arts / Science, Harvard University, Master of Business Administration

Marital Status:married, 3 children

A Tamil Malaysian of Sri Lankan Tamil origin, he graduated from Harvard Business School and started his career as an oil trader. His holdings include Maxis Communications, Malaysia's largest cell phone service provider, with more than 10 million subscribers; took it private in June 2007 in $5 billion deal, then sold 25% of Maxis to Saudi Telecom the same month. Bought 35% in Sri Lanka Telecom that same month. Last year sold Excel, the exhibition venue in London's Docklands, and reportedly bought 20% stake in Johnston Press in London. Modern art collector, has homes in Kuala Lumpur, London and south of France; has a son who is a monk living in the forest.

So if he's Tamil maybe he'll want to change us from the Magpies to the Tigers? :nope:

As mentioned before, I don't believe a word that comes out of llambias' gob and none of these so called interested parties have been confirmed or denied.  However, if it was a straight fight between an other and Shepherd, unless Shepherd's bid was much bigger, I'm sure Ashley would look to choose the other bid, god, could you imagine at completion, sitting across from the smuggest Shepherd ever, knowing he has just nicked an asset you paid him millions for, back for a song!

Do u have any link to that about the president of Malaysia talking about it?

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/7/6/nation/4261941&sec=nation

Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek..

The minister also commented on business tycoon Ananda Krishnan’s reported bid for English football club Newcastle United.

He called it a “business decision” and hailed the move.

“We should be proud if it really happens that a Malaysian is involved in such a huge transaction.

“It’s not impossible, and I hope it goes through. I hope it can have a big impact on the development of Malaysian football,” he said.

The president. :laugh:

We didn't have a president the last time I checked <_<

I would take whatever the sports minister says with a grain of salt, and a large grain at that. Chances are he knows just as much as we do ie fuck all.

As mentioned before, I don't believe a word that comes out of llambias' gob and none of these so called interested parties have been confirmed or denied.  However, if it was a straight fight between an other and Shepherd, unless Shepherd's bid was much bigger, I'm sure Ashley would look to choose the other bid, god, could you imagine at completion, sitting across from the smuggest Shepherd ever, knowing he has just nicked an asset you paid him millions for, back for a song!

first off......for all the identities have not been revealed the fact that bids have been tabled has been confirmed by seymour pierce.

secondly.........i'm pretty sure they don't have to even meet for any completion to be done.