RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Where are our nutters?  I don't mean the fuckwits who shout at Sky cameras, I mean our proper unhinged organised criminal nutters.  Surely there must be some mental gangsters or old-style hoolies who are NUFC fans, why haven't they arranged for a horses head in Ashley's bed or something?  Well nothing that extreme, a pony's head maybe.  Come on lads, sort it out.  We buy your pikey DVDs and foreign fags, give something back to the community.

i thought everyone "knew" profitable had no real intention of buying and were only in it for the free publicilty ?

Ditto.

Aye but I am sure we all held maybe a little hope that they were for real, having it confirmed they were not serious still stings a bit.

i thought everyone "knew" profitable had no real intention of buying and were only in it for the free publicilty ?

Ditto.

Aye but I am sure we all held maybe a little hope that they were for real, having it confirmed they were not serious still stings a bit.

No. I hated them and everything about them from day one.

Ditto.

No, no hope whatsoever.

What possible reason does anyone have that gives them hope?! My hope died over a month ago. Stone dead.

Ditto.

No. I hated them and everything about them from day one.

They were not my first choice but the longer it dragged on the more I hoped it would be anyone even them, all this does is add more depression to an already very depressing situation.

I can't wait to see what the Profitable Group have to say about this, they have had plenty to say so far about it all, letss ee if they come out and have a dig back at Lambias over this.

Where there is life, there is hope

Don't give up just yet

I have a sneaky feeling that there will be some news soon

It might not be good news but it will be news

Well if the daily mail is to be believed it will be administration as the club is worth more to ashley as a tax right off than a going concern.

Where there is life, there is hope

Don't give up just yet

I have a sneaky feeling that there will be some news soon

It might not be good news but it will be news

Well if the daily mail is to be believed it will be administration as the club is worth more to ashley as a tax right off than a going concern.

Bring it on, anything that hurries up the sale, even a 10 point deduction will not be as bad as keeping this situation rolling on week after week.

.com's take

The latest heap of dung being offered to SkySports by club MD Derek Llambias is that a bid that never was from the Singapore-based publicity-seekers, Profitable Group, has now collapsed.

With the price tumbling on a daily basis, expect the alleged other bidders to similarly vanish as Ashley & Co receive a lesson in brinksmanship from businessmen with infinitely more acumen than our wide boys.

People with far more knowledge than us are now openly using the word administration, perhaps even before the end of this month. Like everyone else though, we're just desperately waiting for firm news about something, anything to do with this club.

Our first meaningful fixture is in twelve days.

.com's take

The latest heap of dung being offered to SkySports by club MD Derek Llambias is that a bid that never was from the Singapore-based publicity-seekers, Profitable Group, has now collapsed.

With the price tumbling on a daily basis, expect the alleged other bidders to similarly vanish as Ashley & Co receive a lesson in brinksmanship from businessmen with infinitely more acumen than our wide boys.

People with far more knowledge than us are now openly using the word administration, perhaps even before the end of this month. Like everyone else though, we're just desperately waiting for firm news about something, anything to do with this club.

Our first meaningful fixture is in twelve days.

That narrows it down.

Guest toonlass

Are we allowed to sell players outside of the transfer window if we go into administration? If not, wouldn't it be better if we went into administration now?

Dunno, but we are not allowed to buy players if we are in administration. Players probably can be sold if the proceeds go towards the debts. Still dunno how viable it is for Ashley to put NUFC into administration though.

Are we allowed to sell players outside of the transfer window if we go into administration? If not, wouldn't it be better if we went into administration now?

I'm pretty sure you can sell players outside of the window - if memory serves correctly, that was how we acquired Darren Ambrose, when Ipswich were in the shitter. If memory serves correctly...

If we go into administration then the administrators will sell the club within a week for peanuts.

There's absolutely no reason why Ashley will let that happen.  There will be a big player sell off before administration happens.  This month is key to that.

If we go into administration then the administrators will sell the club within a week for peanuts.

There's absolutely no reason why Ashley will let that happen.  There will be a big player sell off before administration happens.   This month is key to that.

Its not beyond doubt that writing off all his debt as a loss could be worth more against his tax liability than he is actually able to get for the club

It costs about 2m a week to pay the players and wages. I don't think there will be time for administration, a big black bird will swoop down and take the club away.

£1.2m a week.

I think maybe the sale could have progressed and this is why profitable group are now out.  Maybe its taken time because they new this group was best for club and wanted them to prove funds but they simply couldn't.

Someone should get a banner sayings something like "Mike Ashley : Sell up or Get Behind us"

Guest helios_centric

Time to face up to the harsh reality of Ashley, Smith, Shola, Hughton and a winter of discontent.

Nowt's happening, nobody's buying.