RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else heard that Jim Rosenthal, Jimmy Nail, Angus Deayton, Paddy McGuiness, Simon Webbe and Craig David were at the club as part of a consortium to buy the club with Ant and Dec and Cheryl Cole?

We're in enough debt as it is by the sounds of it to Ashley. I think if it's a new party there's a little chance he'll write it off, or at least some of it off just to sell it.

If it's Shepherd though, I can't see there being a snowball in hell's chance of Ashley writing off the debts to Shepherd considering it's his debts he was trying to cover in the first place.

We're in enough debt as it is by the sounds of it to Ashley. I think if it's a new party there's a little chance he'll write it off, or at least some of it off just to sell it.

If it's Shepherd though, I can't see there being a snowball in hell's chance of Ashley writing off the debts to Shepherd considering it's his debts he was trying to cover in the first place.

I thought bids were anonymous?

Guest Phil K

Oh no, I'd hate for the club to end up on he brink, I much prefer where we are now.

I think such sarcasm is lost on most on here, Bluey. (I'm amused though)

Don't know what it was about this past weekend but I have 0 confidence in getting sold now. 

August 1 will be a singularity of stupidity for this club, a point past which normal human reason and logic cannot fathom the next action of the muppet in charge.

If it's any consolation re the time scales, at work we are buying a branch office from another company and began looking at their figures etc back in January.

We now have a target completion date of 18th September.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

All this rubbish about a club meeting today at 3.30pm can only be redundancies, if it was good news they would be notified by the press. :angry:

Who brought up 3.30pm? :lol:

Nah it was at 13:30pm, I can already tell you what happenned. Club secretary Lee Charnley told everyone to watch Dragons Den on Wednesday to find out whether or not the club has been sold.

Mike Ashley is meeting the chairman of Pukka Pies - Michael Mince, to try and buy 10% steak in his company. He's planning on making thousands of NUFC's staff redundant in order to make this offer but apparently Mr Mince has lots of Beef with Cashley. Cashley won't get 10% because he is too Chicken.

it was actually "Billy Bunter" who left that comment, Stuart79 only quoted him.  Is Billy Bunter's "Our Donna" more or less reliable than Stuart79 do we think?

Billy Bunter // Jul 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Our Donna says its true the staff have been called in today – the staff from the training ground are coming over to the stadium at 3.30 – she has organised all the refreshments.