RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nailed on more players will be sold, Jonas and Colo will go and reckon Tyals will be sold to along with Jose and maybe Smith or Butt.

I seriously doubt Taylor will be going anywhere and I have a feeling Smith might stay, not sure about Jonas.  Hopefully we can sell Coloccini and I'd be delighted to see Butt leave the club, also it has to be a priority to remove Geremi from the wage bill.  We would then be in a position to more then cover the loss in revenue from being relegated (£25-£30m drop in wages plus 25m-30m in transfer fee's)

Thing is them wanting to stay and being able to stay is the problem, if Everton do sell Lesscott hen I reckon Moyes will bid for Taylor, if we get a half decent bid for Smith Ashley will take it.

Jonas, Colo and Jose will all jump at the chance to leave if one comes up, all this will happen if Ashley keeps the club he gets money in and lowers the wage bill, ideal for him.

If he keeps the club his only aim will to go back up, that's the only way he can get his money back.  If we're still in the Championship next year we'll be worth even less then we are now.  He's not going to spend big money obviously but I don't believe he'll sell anyone we get a decent offer for either.

We were going to get into the top 6 by sticking with Kinnear, selling Given & N'Zogbia and bringing in Nolan & Taylor  :thup:

Aye.

The bloke is completely delusional. I wonder if anyone is telling him this kind of thing or whether he's just surrounded himself with yes men.

No doubt what Kinnear was telling him.  I can't see O'bleary telling him he can sell everyone and still get promotion.  He might be a crappyish manager but he's not insane.

He'll fail the interview then wont he.

Nailed on more players will be sold, Jonas and Colo will go and reckon Tyals will be sold to along with Jose and maybe Smith or Butt.

I seriously doubt Taylor will be going anywhere and I have a feeling Smith might stay, not sure about Jonas.  Hopefully we can sell Coloccini and I'd be delighted to see Butt leave the club, also it has to be a priority to remove Geremi from the wage bill.  We would then be in a position to more then cover the loss in revenue from being relegated (£25-£30m drop in wages plus 25m-30m in transfer fee's)

Thing is them wanting to stay and being able to stay is the problem, if Everton do sell Lesscott hen I reckon Moyes will bid for Taylor, if we get a half decent bid for Smith Ashley will take it.

Jonas, Colo and Jose will all jump at the chance to leave if one comes up, all this will happen if Ashley keeps the club he gets money in and lowers the wage bill, ideal for him.

If he keeps the club his only aim will to go back up, that's the only way he can get his money back.  If we're still in the Championship next year we'll be worth even less then we are now.  He's not going to spend big money obviously but I don't believe he'll sell anyone we get a decent offer for either.

We were going to get into the top 6 by sticking with Kinnear, selling Given & N'Zogbia and bringing in Nolan & Taylor  :thup:

Aye.

The bloke is completely delusional. I wonder if anyone is telling him this kind of thing or whether he's just surrounded himself with yes men.

No doubt what Kinnear was telling him.  I can't see O'bleary telling him he can sell everyone and still get promotion.  He might be a crappyish manager but he's not insane.

I can only assume O'Bleary has agreed to the job under any condition (being a desperate useless twat) otherwise Curbishley would be a much better choice.

Aye.

I can only assume O'Bleary has agreed to the job under any condition (being a desperate useless t***) otherwise Curbishley would be a much better choice.

Curbishley won't come here as things stand.

I know that for a fact.

There need to be future provisions to prevent ownership groups of destroying clubs, don't know how logical or how at all if it could ever work - but something needs to be done - be it with the FA, the city, something.

This is getting out of hand, in the NHL - the Tampa Bay Lightning have a co-ownership and they are to a point where the club is not going forward, has become a laughing stock, and the NHL are fed up b/c the two can't agree or work together and its having a major impact on the city, team, league, players etc -  so, the league has intervened and set provisions of a buy-out of the cowners. Each having a 60-day window to buy one another out.  If both fail to do so, the league will find itself a buyer for the team to bring stability.

Aye.

I can only assume O'Bleary has agreed to the job under any condition (being a desperate useless t***) otherwise Curbishley would be a much better choice.

I know that for a fact.

Ashley wouldn't ask him anyway. This whole putting the club up for sale seems to have been a way to get Shearer with his big demands out of the way. If Ashley gets his price it's a bonus otherwise he's probably happy to keep bleeding the club as an alternative.

Aye.

I know that for a fact.

Can believe that.  I would be surprised if any manager with any integrity would be interested in the job.  Apart from JFK (and even he seemed to be getting frustrated in the transfer window), Ashley has not treated his managers well.  Whatever promises he seemingly makes, he sooner or later breaks so you would have to get everything written into a contract.  Surely the only people who would be interested, would either be the desperate or those who care about the club.

David Craig said on SSN, that a new manager would want guarantees that the club would not be sold but Ashley reacts so irrationally at times, even if he agrees to that, it would only be a matter of time before he would throw his toys out when something does not suit.

Allan Rankin, the former chairman of Ultimate Leisure, has quit as chairman of Utopian Leisure for “personal reasons”.

Utopian Leisure was set up in October 2005 by the former Ultimate chief executive Bob Senior.

Rankin joined as chairman in 2007. Senior now takes on the role of chairman as well as chief executive. Tim Wynn, the former Ultimate development director who was property director at Utopian, has also left his full-time position, but is providing one-day-a-week consultancy services at Utopian.

Senior denied there had been a falling out with Rankin. “It’s an entirely private matter, which I won’t go into out of courtesy to my pal.”

Utopian operates a mixture of nightclub and restaurant sites in the north-east and in Belfast.

06/08/09

But isn't Wise and 'The System' long gone now?

Exactly. Curbishley will have the full control of the club - more than he probably thinks, the amount of people that are never there :lol:

Yeah but there's nothing else. I'm confident that there certainly won't be a budget for transfers available and the coaching staff is at a bare minimum as it is. We have 3 coaches, one being Paul Barron the GK coach as I'm aware. One of these coaches is also the interim manager. The whole thing is a farce.

We have no system at all.  Just Hughton, he has to make the tea, cook the food, manage the team, change Barton's nappy, release press statements, develop the website, run payroll, do the accounts and clean up.

:lol:

don't forget change the bog roll.

Just been a newsflash on Sky Sports News before the adverts like saying that there's good news for Toon fans....tune in.

Coloccini has aids?

not quite, he has distemper to go with his fecking stupid poodle hair do!

Friday deadline? Oh god, he's fucking staying, isn't he?

edit: crawl says Ashley has set a deadline of Friday for firm offers for the club. Something else about Jonas' agent denying rumors of a move to Olympiakos.