RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we even NEED new signings? Other than just for cover? (we are top of the league) i think its much more important we don't sell anymore top quality players like taylor etc. The statement indicates they have agreed a deal so Ashely must not want to stay on. Good news.

We were top of the league 2 in the early 80's into the middle of January after which we only won 2 more games until the end of the season. The club cannot afford to  be complacent about being promoted. Oh and we are not top of the league, we are only in a play off spot!

So the fact that we've already won half of the total games we won last season doesnt suggest we'll be in contention for promotion?

We have nowhere near enough defenders - just consider what happens if we stick with our current squad and say Enrique and Taylor pick up injuries.

Guest ObaStar

It's official Ashley is literally taking the piss. I know I'll get shot down if flames for this but I do actually believe now that he doesn't mind taking a hit financially as long as he can get back at us. What the hell 700 mill or 800 what f***ing difference does that make.

:lol:

I believe 100 million little pieces of paper with the queens face on it is the difference

It's official Ashley is literally taking the piss. I know I'll get shot down if flames for this but I do actually believe now that he doesn't mind taking a hit financially as long as he can get back at us. What the hell 700 mill or 800 what f***ing difference does that make.

I believe 100 million little pieces of paper with the queens face on it is the difference

Pound notes???

There is a nagging doubt in my mind after all the twists & turns in this saga, and that is that clubs such as Birmingham and Pompey have been bought quickly whilst nobody with REAL money seems to want to touch NUFC with a barge-pole.

Yes, I know all about being relegated, big debt etc etc...BUT - neither of the 2 clubs mentioned should be mentioned in the same breath as Newcastle United when it comes to what can be achieved in terms of support(including International potential)or recent success in terms of CL qualification etc.

Birmingham have never been a regular Prem side OR been in Europe as often as NUFC - their crowds don't approach ours, and neither does their stadium ; the same comments could be made about Pompey and yet both these clubs were bought by people with big money - in Brum's case, a Hong Kong businessman who paid 80m for the club..

The only conclusions that can be drawn from this are ;-

1. The Off-balance sheet items are worse than we think

2. The debt is worse than is believed

3. Potential buyers think that the club is too 'provincially clannish' and therefore only manageable by a local acceptable to the fans(NOT totally true, but there is SOME truth in that - witness those who are pleased the club is relegated so that 'glory-hunters' stop supporting it)

4. Potential buyers are being 'warned off', either by people in the media, influential people in the City of London because of their strained relations with Ashley, OR - worse still - by so-called 'influential' people in the game...

There are other factors which could be drawn into play, but these seem the most likely - after all, if you had a chance of buying NUFC for, say, 15m more than Brum, logic dictates that anyone wanting to make a success of the club would plump for Newcastle - even though Brum(and Pompey) are currently in the Prem.

Has nobody really asked themselves why such a situation exists, and if they have, has anyone been honest enough to try to accept that, for some reason, these innocuous clubs are seen as more attractive than NUFC..?

I have tried to look at this question as a neutral buyer would, and even without any hint of bias, Newcastle seems a better buy than either of those clubs - indeed, there are several clubs currently in the prem who are dead-beats when compared to Newcastle's potential and draw - it would be easier to understand IF - IF NO clubs were being bought because of caution over the financial situation, but this is not the case..

Doesn't this all seem a bit strange to you guys....!??? There is something wrong here...

Don't be so bloody stupid.

Like i said I'll get shot down in flames. However it's my opinion based upon the fact that even the most retarded business man would not make the string of errors and tell, through lambs arse, the string of lies he has without something else going on.

If you don't agree with my opnion fair enough, but that's what I think so fuck you

Steady on. :lol:

Mate, think about what you're saying. You truly believe someone - however spiteful/thick they are - would be willing to give away £100,000,000 just to get back at some people who don't like him? Absolutely bonkers.

Having looked at the Accounts of SJHL and the immediate subsidiary (NUL) and its subsidiary (NUFCL) I thought I should say that there is little doubt in my mind that any acquisition you make should be an acquisition of shares and not assets.

An asset purchase would almost certainly take more time and would therefore probably cost more as well.

Agree - asset purchases are messy as hell.

Like i said I'll get shot down in flames. However it's my opinion based upon the fact that even the most retarded business man would not make the string of errors and tell, through lambs arse, the string of lies he has without something else going on.

If you don't agree with my opnion fair enough, but that's what I think so f*** you

http://www.campforktailcreek.com/images/new/campforktail-angling-002.jpg

Hook, line and stinker.

Guest Micktoon

If you don't agree with my opnion fair enough, but that's what I think so fuck you

Steady on. :lol:

Mate, think about what you're saying. You truly believe someone - however spiteful/thick they are - would be willing to give away £100,000,000 just to get back at some people who don't like him? Absolutely bonkers.

Aye i know but fucking hell man.

Do we even NEED new signings? Other than just for cover? (we are top of the league) i think its much more important we don't sell anymore top quality players like taylor etc. The statement indicates they have agreed a deal so Ashely must not want to stay on. Good news.

We were top of the league 2 in the early 80's into the middle of January after which we only won 2 more games until the end of the season. The club cannot afford to  be complacent about being promoted. Oh and we are not top of the league, we are only in a play off spot!

So the fact that we've already won half of the total games we won last season doesnt suggest we'll be in contention for promotion?

Spurs are gonna win the Premiership tbh.

True. Its a shame they arent in the CL, they'd give Barcelona a run for their money this year.

Right so based on what we've done so far yous think the chances of promotion are small and we are likely to finish below where we are now?

There is a nagging doubt in my mind after all the twists & turns in this saga, and that is that clubs such as Birmingham and Pompey have been bought quickly whilst nobody with REAL money seems to want to touch NUFC with a barge-pole.

You what? :spit:

Guest Micktoon

If you don't agree with my opnion fair enough, but that's what I think so f*** you

http://www.campforktailcreek.com/images/new/campforktail-angling-002.jpg

Hook, line and stinker.

In the words of Jimmy Nail "double bollocks"

Yes, I know all about being relegated, big debt etc etc...BUT - neither of the 2 clubs mentioned should be mentioned in the same breath as Newcastle United when it comes to what can be achieved in terms of support(including International potential)or recent success in terms of CL qualification etc.

Birmingham have never been a regular Prem side OR been in Europe as often as NUFC - their crowds don't approach ours, and neither does their stadium ; the same comments could be made about Pompey and yet both these clubs were bought by people with big money - in Brum's case, a Hong Kong businessman who paid 80m for the club..

The only conclusions that can be drawn from this are ;-

1. The Off-balance sheet items are worse than we think

2. The debt is worse than is believed

3. Potential buyers think that the club is too 'provincially clannish' and therefore only manageable by a local acceptable to the fans(NOT totally true, but there is SOME truth in that - witness those who are pleased the club is relegated so that 'glory-hunters' stop supporting it)

4. Potential buyers are being 'warned off', either by people in the media, influential people in the City of London because of their strained relations with Ashley, OR - worse still - by so-called 'influential' people in the game...

There are other factors which could be drawn into play, but these seem the most likely - after all, if you had a chance of buying NUFC for, say, 15m more than Brum, logic dictates that anyone wanting to make a success of the club would plump for Newcastle - even though Brum(and Pompey) are currently in the Prem.

Has nobody really asked themselves why such a situation exists, and if they have, has anyone been honest enough to try to accept that, for some reason, these innocuous clubs are seen as more attractive than NUFC..?

I have tried to look at this question as a neutral buyer would, and even without any hint of bias, Newcastle seems a better buy than either of those clubs - indeed, there are several clubs currently in the prem who are dead-beats when compared to Newcastle's potential and draw - it would be easier to understand IF - IF NO clubs were being bought because of caution over the financial situation, but this is not the case..

Doesn't this all seem a bit strange to you guys....!??? There is something wrong here...

I think its simply a financial issue. £100 million for the club plus repaying Ashley's debt of say £110 million plus funding operating losses of more millions for at least one year is not a very attractive deal to buy the football club.

You know Dave, the Pompey takeover that is still yet to be completed and the Birmingham takeover that should be done by November :lol:

So the real positive coming out of this statement is Shearer will be Manager sooner rather than later.

How do you work that out?

Well it's obvious Moat will the new owner or at least the majority shareholder and Shearer is his first choice.

You know Dave, the Pompey takeover that is still yet to be completed and the Birmingham takeover that should be done by November :lol:

not tyo mention the brum one has been on/off for at least a year or two already

So the real positive coming out of this statement is Shearer will be Manager sooner rather than later.

whoah there buddy. i don't remember at anypoint moat saying who the manager would be,

I thought I read somewhere he wanted Shearer as his first choice for the Managers job. then maybe I misread then. Fuck it!!!.

Well nothing has changed really. Fingers crossed Moat can sort out his deal because you know fine with this lot there is no plan B. It will inevitably be Hughton for the rest of the season and maybe one or two panic loan signings on deadline day if Moat doesn't find the cash.

How do you work that out?

Well it's obvious Moat will the new owner or at least the majority shareholder and Shearer is his first choice.

???

whoah there buddy. i don't remember at anypoint moat saying who the manager would be,

I thought I read somewhere he wanted Shearer as his first choice for the Managers job. then maybe I misread then. f*** it!!!.

i don't think i've read anything directly attributable to moat. for every story saying whoever comes in shearer will be manager there's one saying he won't.