RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest gggg

“It has been catastrophic for everybody. I’ve lost my money and I’ve made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can . . . advisers will be appointed shortly.”

fantastic, not before he bought the club, not to help him run the club, but after it's all gone tits up.

If they are only interested now we're cheap, what does that say about their intentions?

Hopefully Shearer has demanded to be included in sale negotiations to ensure the new buyer has the right intentions  :undecided:

What power does Shearer have? None whatsoever; at this moment he's not even a club employee.

Honestly--unless we're very, very lucky--the future looks fucking bleak to me.

My money is on fat Fred and at this stage I would welcome him back with open arms!

NE5

'My money is on fat Fred and at this stage I would welcome him back with open arse!'

The level of incompetence shown by Ashley since taking over the club beggars belief. How the fuck he managed to create a successful business empire is one of the world's great mysteries. Fat useless cunting cuntbag!

Don't see where he gets £100m from.

At 30th June 2008, our total assets were £128m. Given that there is an overdraft to satisfy, a squad to build to have any hope of sustaining decent revenue and a gaping chasm in terms of the wage bill to income for the next season or two, I'm not sure that the club is worth anything at all.

Portsmouth went for £30m, don't see how we can justify a higher price than that.

I really wouldn't worry about this as much as some seem to be doing.

£100M man, someone will go for that very, very quickly.

'Someone'

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/DJ/20070502/shepherd_meg.jpg

Guest Brummiemag

Am I right in thinking that in addition to owning the club he also loaned the club £100 million?

If he was to sell the club, does it also mean that the club/new owners will owe him £100 million which he could then call in?

The Mail:

Alan Shearer's future at Newcastle United depends on the £150million takeover being brokered by investment banker Keith Harris.

The potential buyers, a consortium involving a local businessman and overseas investors, are in talks with owner Mike Ashley and Harris and are hopeful of concluding the deal by the start of the new season.

Shearer is enthusiastic about the prospect of working for a new owner, but despite talks with Ashley this week about his future, it is not yet clear whether the prospective owners would necessarily employ the Toon legend.

If Shearer's demands prove too much, Newcastle could find themselves in a tug-of-war with bitter rivals Sunderland over Wigan boss Steve Bruce.

Am I right in thinking that in addition to owning the club he also loaned the club £100 million?

If he was to sell the club, does it also mean that the club/new owners will owe him £100 million which he could then call in?

i havre a feeling thats the flaw in the 100million price tag.

If Shearer's demands prove too much, Newcastle could find themselves in a tug-of-war with bitter rivals Sunderland over Wigan boss Steve Bruce.

Christ.

Christ.

Back to square 1 really as far as a manager goes. No one will want to commit with potential new owners coming in and probably wanting their own man.

How to ruin your reputation as a successful business man in one easy step or words to that effect etc ,

Fook me dont know what to say bad timing or good timing you decide but at that price its a bargain and the only problem is getting the right buyer who has the vision and sense to put the right people in the right places with a PLAN ,the dawning of a new era or the dawn of the dead  :undecided:

Btw:

I personally thought Joe put the club back on the right track. He took it from second bottom to 13th but things went against him.

:kinnear:

:lol:

Allardyce took us from mid-table to the top in his first game, but things went against him. 'things' like the rest of the season...

Guest northwestmag1892

The Mail:

Alan Shearer's future at Newcastle United depends on the £150million takeover being brokered by investment banker Keith Harris.

The potential buyers, a consortium involving a local businessman and overseas investors, are in talks with owner Mike Ashley and Harris and are hopeful of concluding the deal by the start of the new season.

Shearer is enthusiastic about the prospect of working for a new owner, but despite talks with Ashley this week about his future, it is not yet clear whether the prospective owners would necessarily employ the Toon legend.

Freddy Shepherd then...?

Hovered over delighted, then hit worried.

This will take ages, and nothing will be done until this is settled. So if any sale goes tits up, Ashley probably isn't investing into the squad. Window hasn't even opened and I feel as if it's already half over.