RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sounds like Shearer told him to apologise and then go forward, they''ve looked at what they need to put in and he's said fuck it I can't be arsed anymore.

It's just more uncertainty and time marches on.

When Ashley goes THEN everyone will drop their agendas, so im pretty happy.

Spending 2 seasons in the Championship wouldnt be the complete worst thing in the world.  Providing its 2 years maximum.

Any more than one season might be enough to kill us off as a club looking to compete permanently in the Premier League.

Hang on here, the take over thread was mostley positive, why all the worry? we need rid of the fool he hasadmited he fkd up, he has to sell.

I see this as good news, he fkd himself all the way :lol: serves him fkn right..

I'm not worried about Ashley disappearing, not one bit. He's proven himself incapable of running a football club.

I'm worried about how this affects the permanent appointment of a decent manager and our transfer dealings leading into a critical season.

I think any buyer will look at Al as 1st choice manager anyway, I aint worried about it taking long to sell either, he has no chance of being stubborn over it, I find it strange he has came out and said this, weakened his position for being able to get the best deal for him.

Hang on here, the take over thread was mostley positive, why all the worry? we need rid of the fool he hasadmited he fkd up, he has to sell.

I see this as good news, he fkd himself all the way :lol: serves him fkn right..

I'm not worried about Ashley disappearing, not one bit. He's proven himself incapable of running a football club.

I'm worried about how this affects the permanent appointment of a decent manager and our transfer dealings leading into a critical season.

I think any buyer will look at Al as 1st choice manager anyway, I aint worried about it taking long to sell either, he has no chance of being stubborn over it, I find it strange he has came out and said this, weakened his position for being able to get the best deal for him.

He's hardly announced it; probably got pissed up and told some randoms in a bar tbh. I don't recognise the pair of names on the article.

the uncertainty rolls on.

awful news imo, timing wise.

we're f***ed.

This.

No players can leave/signed until 1st July, im sure some investors see potential in a cut price club who are under performing and (undervalued?) as on paper have alot of assets and plus points.

we have no manager. we cant plan f*** all. our rivals have been planning for weeks.

Our manager talks are still on-going.  MA wouldnt of entered into the talks if he knew he won't sign up Shearer.

Shearer will already know the players he wants rid of, and the expected money he can make from them and i'm pretty certain he would already know (from all the discussions lately) how muchof that he can use to rebuild.  So he can plan.

The club will be much more sellable with Shearer in charge, his chosen back room in place and a sustainable wage bill.

Although fatty wants to sell it's unlikely anyone with half a brain (still a chance for FF then) would buy the club in its current state.

My guess is that Ashley is stuck between a rock and a hard place - he knows he needs Shearer in charge to help him sell the club but Shearer won't sign up unless Ashley gives him transfer funds.

It's a tough one Ashley but if you make your bed you lie in it!

Guest Hodgey

Sure explains why after the best part of a week of talks there's nowt settled, thought they'd only need a couple at most.  Shearer must be banging his head against the wall at the amount of inponderables and twists & turns!

There should be a "Don't know" option to the poll. Wheter this is good or bad is impossible to determine. For the immediate future, it could be catastrophic, but long term it could be a gift from the gods, vice versa, or no noticable change at all.....

To be honest, if one of those foreign businessmen knew anything, they should realise that NUFC is probably the cheapest entry route into Premier League. Like buy Portsmouth for £50m and be committed to spending £300m on a new stadium, in addition to transfers, or buy NUFC for £100m, spend to get in the PL, and then the stadium is already there.

Anyone who buys the club takes over all of the current players contracts and any liabilities. I'd be surprised if anyone has a nibble at us. Even for £100m.

The club isn't (currently) worth that.  :undecided:

I agree with that, the club is worth fuck all. Far more reasons not to buy, than to buy.

we're f***ed.

This.

No players can leave/signed until 1st July, im sure some investors see potential in a cut price club who are under performing and (undervalued?) as on paper have alot of assets and plus points.

Not true, the window opened at 6pm today.

However, players and agents refuse to move until July because it means they miss out on their annual loyalty bonus.

Ok I didn't know that.  However that makes the point still valid, no players will move until then

david craig on ssn

Reckons there's something in tomorrows NOTW saying Shearer is ready to walk over the uncertainty. 'Well-informed sources telling his side of the story'.

we're f***ed.

This.

Not true, the window opened at 6pm today.

However, players and agents refuse to move until July because it means they miss out on their annual loyalty bonus.

Ok I didn't know that.  However that makes the point still valid, no players will move until then

Yeah, I just wanted to make the point. Someone who wouldn't get a loyalty payment like Surnam could join us tomorrow if we wanted, but some of our players might be sticking around for some reason...

Guest neesy111

NOTW: 50% of overdraft with barclays must be paid by friday or they will proceed with winding the club up

To be honest, if one of those foreign businessmen knew anything, they should realise that NUFC is probably the cheapest entry route into Premier League. Like buy Portsmouth for £50m and be committed to spending £300m on a new stadium, in addition to transfers, or buy NUFC for £100m, spend to get in the PL, and then the stadium is already there.

Same point I made, but more concise. :thup:

david craig on ssn

Reckons there's something in tomorrows NOTW saying Shearer is ready to walk over the uncertainty. 'Well-informed sources telling his side of the story'.

Jesus ...

Guest neesy111

NOTW: 50% of overdraft with barclays must be paid by friday or they will proceed with winding the club up

he didnt say that.

thats what happens when businesses don't pay bills though

he didnt say that.

thats what happens when businesses don't pay bills though

in the extreme, yes.